Martinsville

ShinerGrinder

Registered
Forum Member
May 7, 2013
Houston
Johnson is the heavy favorite and rightfully so. Don't see myself taking him at +300.

I am considering Gordon +550 and adding a few others.

Looselugs

Forum Member
May 5, 2005
Saturday Night

A mostly clear sky. Low 29F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.

Sunday

A mainly sunny sky. High 56F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph.

Its going to be cool for the hotdogs.

Looselugs

Forum Member
May 5, 2005
Anybody ever have one of these hot dogs? I need a full review.

I personally have had plenty of them hotdogs. They are nicely priced for 2 bucks. If you get one your going to go back for another. They keep it simple mayo, mustard. chile and onions and slaw if you like. I think the thing that sell these dogs are the chile and the red hotdog. Red hotdogs are very common here but places like up north they have never seen one so it seems special to them.

If I was at the track Sat or Sun .I would go for a couple of dogs. But believe me there not the best dogs in town. There is a local watering hole called Bowlings Place :0074that just serves hotdogs(1.25),cheese(.75slice),pinto beans(.75)and beer(2$). This place is a hole in the wall just a 30x30 cinder block building. And those ladies know know how to fix the best around hotdogs around here. If you roll in this place after five in the evening or after 12 on weekends.. you had better expect a wait.

So that was then.. now Martinsville after 70 years has decided to change there brand of hotdogs. Leaving Jesse Jones after 70 years and going to Valleydale hotdogs...:facepalm:

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/sou...ging-supplier-of-its-famous-hot-dogs/32011300

Last edited:

Looselugs

Forum Member
May 5, 2005
hotdog side note:

For years (since 1947), the Martinsville hot dog has been a bright red Jesse Jones Southern Style Hot Dog; but this weekend it will be a Valleydale Hot Dog. Valleydale is a brand under the Smithfield umbrella; Smithfield sponsors Richard Petty?s famous 43 car.

Looselugs

Forum Member
May 5, 2005
Chassis this weekend:

Everyone seem to be bringing a chassis from previous Martinsville races..and even seen where there backup has also seen Martinsville work.

Two that should be noted:

Jeff Gordon...Same chassis finished 2nd with in the fall 2014 ....led the most laps of 130..started 13th
Dale Jr... Same chassis finished 1st with in the fall of 2014... led 79 laps. started 23rd

and it was a cool day at the track..high of 72 but not as cool as there expecting this weekend.I do expect the qual record going down under these cool temps..

ShinerGrinder

Registered
Forum Member
May 7, 2013
Houston
Hamlin > Harvick +105
Edwards > Newman -115
Kurt Busch > Logano +145
Stewart > McMurray -140
Kenseth > Kahne -105

Might be it for me unless I find good value on a future.

ShinerGrinder

Registered
Forum Member
May 7, 2013
Houston
Gordon speeding penalty was too bad. Unfortunate.

Weekend Totals:
To Win: +.1U
Head to Head: 3-3 -.7U

Total: -.6U

Week off then to Texas.

Bet on MyBookie