Maryland

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Groz

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
New Jersey
I've been riding Indiana this whole tournament, but I think their luck runs out tonight. Maryland can score points in bunches, and I think they will wear down Indiana and pull away with a 10-15 point win.

Baxter should rebound with a big game and Wilcox has the quickness and strength to put the body on Jeffries and push him further away from the basket. With Baxter, Holden and Randle, I do not think that Newton will even come close to smelling the kind of game that he put forward against Oklahoma. That was a great game for him, but tonight will be a different story.

The only way that I see Indiana even having any chance in this game is if Fife can frustrate Dixon into taking many bad shots and take him out of his game. Don't see it happening for the whole game. Even though Indiana has played great defense, I think that Maryland will wear them out and have one of their patented 12-2 runs and break open a close game.

I also do not think that Indiana will be able to shoot the lights out like they have been doing. They have been as solid a 3 point shooting team in this tourney, as I have ever seen. Blake and company should be more in their faces, and at times the game could look very ugly, both ways.

Just my opinion. Many people are riding Indiana tonight for the upset, but I don't see it. I will be on the Terps tonight.

Best of Luck,
Groz

Groz

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
New Jersey
Maryland was extremely sloppy in the first half. Baxter seemed to rush and force a bunch of shots. I expect them to settle down in the second half and still pull away with the 10-15 point win.

Best of Luck,
Groz