Masters winner this week 2023

Box and one

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2000
Hudson Valley area.....NY
Since I know his High School golf coach who went to North Texas with me Scottie Scheffler will win the Masters at +800 *****
His HS coach RG was a basketball player and he coached at Fort Hayes St when they were a NIAA power house in Kansas, Its because of Rob I never wanted to coach in college, When he was an asst at Fort Hayes St he was sent out to West Texas for a recruiting trip. He drove about 10 hours from Kansas to meet a prospect . When he arrived at this kids school the player cut school and no one at his HS knew where he was. Rob met the parents and stayed out there waiting for this kid to return He called his head coach in Kansas and he said just return back . So he drove the 10 hour car ride back to Fort Hayes. After a day or two the head coach connected with the prospect and there was a communication error. So the head coach told Rob to drive out again to meet this kid, He drove another 10 hours and finally met the player. Had a nice visit but the kid was being recruited by Arizona St and thats where he signed with eventually. Now how did that story effect me. Because after driving 10 hours and a " no show" occurred I would of told that kid to go to F..hell And to drive back another 10 hours to meet this kid and kiss his ass I would of shoved something up his ass. No way I could ever coach or recruit that way. Some people are made that way but in order to get a player at your school you need to really kiss his ass and pretend .. When I heard that story I said I have no patience for that and I have way to much pride and would be honest and tell that prospect what I really felt. Years later one of my players was being recruited ironically from Kansas St . He was one of NY top players in the state. I was offered an asst coaching position there only because of him. If I go he would go. But that Rob G story came to mind and I refused, Plus I had 4 kids and the pay at my HS was much more then an asst coach at Kansas St. They said you make the money is summer camp . And I realized they didn't want me but my player. Thank god I never went. They did bring in Rencher from NYC and his coach .. think the kids name was Rencher His coach lasted as long as he was eligible and then back to NYC..
Anyway Rob said Scottie is going to win the Masters so I believe him Good luck

Reactions: OtroPex
Bet on MyBookie