McLaren deal to Islanders imminent

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
Per Sportsnet.ca

McLaren deal to Islanders imminent

Kyle McLaren made a name for himself with his hit on Habs' LW Richard Zednik in last year's playoffs.

(posted Jan. 10, 2:58PM EST)
Sportsnet has learned that a deal between the New York Islanders and the Boston Bruins involving unsigned restricted defenceman Kyle McLaren is imminent.

In return for McLaren the Bruins are believed to be getting injured forward Brad Isbister and a draft pick.

The 25-year-old defenceman was selected in the first round (9th overall) of the 1995 Entry Draft. He has yet to play this season after holding out on the Boston Bruins all season long. In 417 career games, McLaren has 34 goals and 124 points.

Isbister, 25, is still nursing an ankle injury that will likely keep him out of the lineup for at least another week. He has nine goals in 38 games this season. His best offensive season came in 1999-00 when he tallied 22 goals and 42 points in just 64 games.

The Bruins has been trying to get out of their recent losing funk. They have just two wins in their last 13 games.

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
I'll believe it when they are in uniform myself. Boston's play of late has really killed their leverage in dealing McLaren, but I guess that is a decent return if it happens. I read it might include a 1st round pick too.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the mugs

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2000
Cranston, RI, USA
My own 2 cents is this. They (the B's) have waited this long, they may as well hold him until the trade deadline where it could get to be a bidding war and someone just might be desperate enough to "over pay" for him. But what do I know :shrug:

Go B's?

Mugs

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
I agree with you mugs. I think they would have more leverage then, but maybe they are thinking they don't want to wait that long to improve the team. Who knows. Also, supposedly they wanted DiPietro and the Isles said no way.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg