Mesa Clay/ Solis Update,stream,link ?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
If ANYBODY has info on the fight, please post!

Let's go OVER!!!!!

Kramden

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2008
Solis KO5 Clay

ZAPOPAN, JALISCO.- Haciendo alarde de una poderosa combinaci?n de mano derecha e izquierda que hicieron mella en el rival en turno, el peleador tapat?o Jorge ?el colorado? Sol?s, venci? esta noche en cinco asaltos por Nocaut T?cnico, al mexicoestadounidense Marty Meza-Clay.

El combate fue el preestelar de la velada denominada ?Orgullo Nacional? que se efect?a en el Auditorio Telmex, ante una entrada de alrededor de cinco mil personas. Falta unos minutos para el inicio de la pelea estelar que es Marco Antonio Barrera que pelea contra el cubano Freudis Rojas.

Sol?s, quien ya tuvo una gran oportunidad hace unos meses por ce?irse un t?tulo mundial y fracasar ante el poderoso Manny Pacquiao, consigui? ?sta noche su pasaporte como retador oficial por el t?tulo de la divisi?n pluma de la Federaci?n Internacional de Boxeo (FIB), que ostenta el tambi?n mexicano Crist?bal Cruz.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
That sucks Romi
I'm sorry bro

I really thought it was a different level between these two

but i thought solis would do it later than that

:shrug:

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
this is why you don't fight f'n tuneup fights !
This Freudis Rojas idiot is messing up my bets !

"Ring legend Marco Antonio Barrera (65-6, 43 KOs) won by third round disqualification over emergency replacement Freudis Rojas (1-8-1) on Saturday night at the Auditorio Telmex de la UG in Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico. Rojas was DQ?d for a headbutt which left Barrera with a bad gash over his left eye. The cut could jeopardize Barrera?s scheduled March 14 clash against Amir Khan in Manchester, England. Barrera was originally slated to face John Nolasco on Saturday night, but Nolasco didn?t show up at the weigh-in, so Marco Antonio was pressed into facing Rojas, whom he knew absolutely nothing about."

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
I HAD a good week going til I went and fcked it all up. Not a disastrous week but a losing week nonetheless. Feel a little snakebit at the moment. Havent had 2 losing weeks in a LONG time.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Hang tough Romi
Hang tough
you will be back in no time bro

no way this craziness continues...the world axis will shift back soon

good opportunities next week

maidana-kotelnik
darchinyan-arce
ward-buchanan
chagaev-drummond
henry-mack

Fightwriter

Forum Member
Mar 9, 2008
I, too, figured on a long fight, Ghost, although like you I felt that Solis was simply a better class of fighter. What worried me even more than the site was how strong Meza Clay would be (or wouldn't be) at 126 pounds. He had never fought at that light a weight before, and watching Solis's recent fights the Mexican guy seemed to be punching harder than he was earlier in his career. My guess is that Meza Clay was drained at the weight. I had a flash of concern when his trainer, Tom Yankello, didn't return my phone call for my fight preview. This may sound weird, but when managers/trainers don't call me back, their guys usually lose. I can't explain it, but Mark Lichtenfeld told me the same thing happens with his radio show: when guests he has lined up stiff him by not appearing on the show, they (fighter or manager) usually lose. He laughingly calls it the "curse of Marc Lichtenfeld".

Re. being snakebit, Romi, one of the greatest boxing minds of all time is the one possessed by Mickey Duff. This is beyond dispute. One of the top London bookmakers refused his business because he was having so many winners. Mickey once showed me a winning betting slip in Las Vegas, Tommy Morrison by decision over George Foreman, a couple of grand wagered. I was very impressed because almost everyone thought that whoever won it would be by KO. Mickey reasoned that Foreman was too big and strong for Morrison to knock him out but that Morrison would win by being quicker and using his legs and speed to get in and score points and then get out of George's way, which is just what Morrison did, perfectly.

Anyway, Mickey had a big bet on Wilfred Benitez to beat Roberto Duran. Mickey was on a losing run at the time, which was very, very unusual for Mickey. A witty man, Mickey told me before the fight: "I'm not picking too many winners lately, but he [meaning Benitez] doesn't know that!".

When Benitez won, Mickey bought dinner for our table at Caesars Palace. There were a group of writers and fight guys there. Mickey said: "Order whatever you like." When one of the writers started to say: "No, Mickey ..." Mickey replied: "I insist! I've had a very big win tonight."

The point is, if the great (genuinely great) Mickey Duff can have a losing skid, anyone can. I am convinced that the tide will turn, Romi, though losses are of course very discouraging.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

weepaul

Forum Member
Sep 28, 2007
I HAD a good week going til I went and fcked it all up. Not a disastrous week but a losing week nonetheless. Feel a little snakebit at the moment. Havent had 2 losing weeks in a LONG time.
The Bastard of a thing is Romi, I hear it was a very quick stoppage and Meza Clay was furious at the ref Pat Russell.
Russell has a bad rep for stopping fights too early.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
I have just downloaded and viewed the final round of this fight

I'm sorry to say weepaul is correct...very early stoppage

a straight right REALLY buzzed Meza-Clay...he took a few steps back and ate a few more right hands

He was hurt, but throwing back and not close to going down...very coherent and even told Russell "why did you do that? I was throwing back"

He may not have made it 9.5 rounds...but he was given ZERO chance to fight his way back

Don't get me wrong...he was hurt....but bad call by the referee

Meza-Clay was out-gunned here and never would have won. But he deserved the chance to continue.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
I actually dont think that was a bad stoppage.

:shrug:

He was hurt....no question
did a little zab dance after the first right hand
but this was an important fight...i think he should have been given the opportunity to go out on his shield

who knows...it may have only been a few punches more

I won a lot on Solis so i am happy....I just feel bad for Romi

weepaul

Forum Member
Sep 28, 2007
I had no money on this fight but I think that was a shit stoppage.

He did a stutter step but he was not being blasted out.

He was coherent enough to tell the ref "Why did you do that, I was moving my head".

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
I'm not saying that was a great call or anything, but I have seen much worse...

Sometimes when a fighter is seriously outgunned and has no chance to win the fight, its IMO a good move to save him from further punishment...

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
I saw it as a quick stopage but that sht happens in opposing countries. It always has and probably always will. Solis is their meal ticket and they're not going to take any chances. The worst I've seen was a few yrs ago when smoke gainer took on daniel seda in Puerto Rico. I had good money on Smoke and he beat the sht out of the guy in the 1st rd. Supposededly there was a clash of heads and gainer got cut. It wasn't bad at all but the ref stopped the fight to protect Seda from getting ktfo. This is water under the bridge and I'm just looking to end a bad 2 wk skid. I'm in conserve mode and looking to just make a profit now.

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
I, too, figured on a long fight, Ghost, although like you I felt that Solis was simply a better class of fighter. What worried me even more than the site was how strong Meza Clay would be (or wouldn't be) at 126 pounds. He had never fought at that light a weight before, and watching Solis's recent fights the Mexican guy seemed to be punching harder than he was earlier in his career. My guess is that Meza Clay was drained at the weight. I had a flash of concern when his trainer, Tom Yankello, didn't return my phone call for my fight preview. This may sound weird, but when managers/trainers don't call me back, their guys usually lose. I can't explain it, but Mark Lichtenfeld told me the same thing happens with his radio show: when guests he has lined up stiff him by not appearing on the show, they (fighter or manager) usually lose. He laughingly calls it the "curse of Marc Lichtenfeld".

Re. being snakebit, Romi, one of the greatest boxing minds of all time is the one possessed by Mickey Duff. This is beyond dispute. One of the top London bookmakers refused his business because he was having so many winners. Mickey once showed me a winning betting slip in Las Vegas, Tommy Morrison by decision over George Foreman, a couple of grand wagered. I was very impressed because almost everyone thought that whoever won it would be by KO. Mickey reasoned that Foreman was too big and strong for Morrison to knock him out but that Morrison would win by being quicker and using his legs and speed to get in and score points and then get out of George's way, which is just what Morrison did, perfectly.

Anyway, Mickey had a big bet on Wilfred Benitez to beat Roberto Duran. Mickey was on a losing run at the time, which was very, very unusual for Mickey. A witty man, Mickey told me before the fight: "I'm not picking too many winners lately, but he [meaning Benitez] doesn't know that!".

When Benitez won, Mickey bought dinner for our table at Caesars Palace. There were a group of writers and fight guys there. Mickey said: "Order whatever you like." When one of the writers started to say: "No, Mickey ..." Mickey replied: "I insist! I've had a very big win tonight."

The point is, if the great (genuinely great) Mickey Duff can have a losing skid, anyone can. I am convinced that the tide will turn, Romi, though losses are of course very discouraging.

Graham, appreciate the kind words and the story. My bets by no means were bad wagers (Margarito, and the over on Meza Clay, under Gamboa) but the amounts were a very steep. Those 3 fights cost me and the losses were huge. I 'm not worried about it or losing any sleep. Not going to go chase any more bets. Just bet on bread and butter and see it pile up slowwwwwwly. That's been my philosophy for the most part but I got away from it momentarily and I got greedy to start off the yr. Thx again for the words and good to see you back on the site!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Fightwriter

Forum Member
Mar 9, 2008
I think your strategy is absolutely right, Romi. To me, the key, when taking a few hits, is to be like the fighter who has just had a bad round and maybe been dropped a couple of times: keep a tight defence, try to score some points without opening up too much, and wait for the chance to land a decisive shot to turn the tide again.

I am sure that most on this forum would agree that consistently chasing losses -- not just doing it a couple of times but making a habit of it -- is a recipe for disaster. (One reader of my website got into trouble this way -- he frankly admitted he didn't have the patience to hunker down for the long haul, and it cost him dearly.) In my view, and I think most of us think alike on this, patience isn't just a virtue when it comes to wagering, it is a necessity.