Metacapping

JamesWitt

Forum Member
Mar 15, 2006
Pit - betting on bad team, but getting a run, good odds.

Was +1 +143

Mets aren't that good, at least not yet. Nice odds on plus a run, I'm feeling breezy after push escape on Stl and likely SF win (thanks, Bleed).

TB-Bal 9U +127

Pure coat KYS, maybe they're tired after last night.

Last edited:

JamesWitt

Forum Member
Mar 15, 2006
So far today...

DAY

Phi +2 1000/520+ = PUSH

SF -1 + 147 200/294 = +294

NIGHT

TB-Bal 9U +127 (tail KYS) 200/254 = +254 (good job KaYaS, and Wise too - on TB at good odds on)

Pit +1 -110 (Wise, me too) 220/200 = PUSH

Pit playing some sacball, can't quite get over the top.

Was +1 +143 (me) 200/286 = -200

NBA: Det-Mia 186 Under (BigKyle) +114 200/228 = +228

Col -1 +110 (Bleed) 200/220 = -200

(Bleed takes Col straight up, I sell to -1 to get the odds on. Key is, I can't lose if Col wins. I don't know squat about Col of Az yet, purely coating Bleed.)

Oak -1 +124 (me) 200/248 = -200

Only doing this because I've been winning lately. I'm going against Bad Angel and Bleed, which is worrisome. I'm guessing this game will be decided by bats, not arms.

NBA: Lak +4.5 +120 (Soul Train) 100/120 = +120

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

JamesWitt

Forum Member
Mar 15, 2006
BTW, just a word on why I'm posting, and I do think people should have a reason, which is why I've refrained the last five years I've been reading this site.

I'm trying to demonstrate a way I think can work, and might help some people.

I can handicap successfully, but only in spots, not day in day out like Fletcher, Bad Angel, BigKyle, Bleed, Clem, Wise, and KaYaS (and perhaps a couple others I'm forgetting).

I never succeeded betting until I got over my high opinion of my own opinion. That was the key. Now I simply follow the smart guys and add my own where I have a good read. It has been consistently profitable. For some of you guys losing and getting disconsolate, either follow the proven winners or quit, or you will lose your ass and waste time better spent on family or career.

Last edited:

JamesWitt

Forum Member
Mar 15, 2006
I'll be posting some thoughts on betting strategies, and I welcome everyone's ideas. We're not competing with each other, after all.

Glenn Quagmire

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2005
JamesWitt said:
I never succeeded betting until I got over my high opinion of my own opinion. That was the key. Now I simply follow the smart guys and add my own where I have a good read. It has been consistently profitable. For some of you guys losing and getting disconsolate, either follow the proven winners or quit, or you will lose your ass and waste time better spent on family or career.

I completely agree with the sentiment about not getting too big of a head and/or thinking you can't always learn from others. Just my opinion, but I think that's a lot of cappers' downfall. Some of the best bets I've ever made are the ones I actually didn't make because I listened to people who are better at this than me.

Now here's my dumb question of the day... when you say +1/-1 you do mean +1.5/-1.5, right?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

JamesWitt

Forum Member
Mar 15, 2006
False pride can kill you in this, no doubt about it. Most things in life, an aggressive approach wins the day. In sports betting, it will demolish you in short order.

JamesWitt

Forum Member
Mar 15, 2006
Made a few hundred thanks to lucky comeback by Lakers, but would have made over 1000 if had simply followed Bleed and Bad Angel on Seattle. The margin is that thin. It's hard to overcome pride in your own opinion, even when you prove to yourself over and over it's founded on nothing.

Thanks to the smart guys posting for free, we'll try it again tomorrow.