Mets Pitching this year STINKS!

robertw477

Forum Member
Sep 12, 2004
Looking at bases today. The Mets may be way over rated this year once again. The team has plenty of offense but the pitching is very mediocre. With their payroll you would think they could have picked up another starter. After Glavine they have oliver perez, orlando hernander (41 he says. Most think he is older, John Maine, Oliver Perez (he sucks-7.00 era last year 20 homers in 100 innings, and another rookie mike pelfrey. I like the marlin staff better than the mets.

Rob

GamblingFool365

Forum Member
Mar 10, 2007
Long Island, New York
The mets are bringing back 3 of 5 pitchers from last year to START the year.

Hernandez
Glavine
Maine

July Pedro will return

The pitching staff actually DID BETTER last year without Pedro. Rick Peterson is EXACTLY what Oliver Perez needs. You will see Perez come back to the pitcher everyone expected but SD/Pittsburgh gave up on. I'm a huge mets fan so speaking with my heart. But don't count out the Mets because of pitching. They have very good young arms in Pelfrey Perez and Maine. Hernandez, Glavine and Pedro will be very good for these 3 as veteran leaders. Phillies are a great team this year and Florida WAS LAST year. But I think were gonna see just how big Girardi was to the Marlins success last year. Speaking with my heart yes, but just dont count them out especially in April.

Bet on MyBookie