Michael Irvin Canned

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

loudog

Forum Member
Mar 13, 2002
Bill Parcells has signed on with ESPN, and Michael Irvin is out.

"It's done," said the source. "Rock solid."

Parcells, we're told, will be part of the 78-person Monday night crew, which is dispatched from Bristol on a weekly basis to bring grandeur to (and thus justify) the network's $1.1 billion per year investment in the MNF franchise.

As to Irvin, it's anyone's guess where he now lands. Maybe he'll retreat to FSN, which is where he rehabilitated his image after his playing career and before making the leap to Bristol.

Last edited:

vinnie

la vita ? buona
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2000
Here
23_1_137.gif

loudog

Forum Member
Mar 13, 2002
ESPN spokesman Bill Hoffheimer has confirmed saying, "Michael will not be with us this fall [...]This was a decision that came from our annual review."

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
McClatchy Newspapers

Published on: 02/17/07

Michael Irvin has lost his ESPN gig, barely two weeks after being elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

The Cowboys' all-time leading receiver spent four years as an NFL studio analyst for the all-sports network.

ESPN decided Friday "as part of an annual evaluation" not to exercise an option in Irvin's contract, it was confirmed Saturday.

"Michael Irvin will not be returning to ESPN," said network spokesman Bill Hofheimer.

"We thank him for his contributions and wish him well."

"It's fine," Irvin said Saturday night. "These are exciting times for me and my family.

"There are a lot of opportunities to explore."

Leaving ESPN is not his wish; however, Irvin will leave taking the high road.

"I truly appreciate what ESPN allowed me to do, but it was time to move on," Irvin said. "I loved working with those guys ... but I feel blessed enough to do other things."

Controversy has surrounded Irvin twice in the past 15 months.

During a November 2005 traffic stop in Plano, he was arrested on a misdemeanor charge when a routine search turned up a drug pipe inside his car.

Irvin claimed the pipe belonged to a close friend whom he had been trying to help kick an addiction.

ESPN suspended Irvin for one week for "not divulging" information about his arrest to the network. ESPN, though, gave him a one-year contract with a three-year option after the incident.

This past November, Irvin joked on the air that Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo's athletic ability must be the result of some African-American heritage.

Irvin later apologized for being "inappropriate and insensitive."

Irvin's on-camera persona has grown over the years. He is known for his infectious laugh, his flashy wardrobe and his unflinching opinions.

For the past two seasons, he appeared twice a week on ESPN NFL pregame shows, Sunday morning and Monday night.

that guy loved his pipe , long long time

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
I agree but not with the New Jersy Con Man. Bill Parcells will Suck that place dry like he did the Boys.

Im not a big Bill Parcells fan but he left a pretty good solid team over there in Dallas. They sure as hell are better than when he first got there.
Its gonna be interesting to see how he and Ditka get along.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Another Steve

Put Pete In
Forum Member
Jul 7, 2002
Benbrook
Im not a big Bill Parcells fan but he left a pretty good solid team over there in Dallas. They sure as hell are better than when he first got there.
Its gonna be interesting to see how he and Ditka get along.

He came in a Ball of fire, maybe I'm not bing fair but never liked him here.

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org
Well, at least now he can concentrate on illegal drugs and other criminal activity.

O/U on Irvin being convicted of a felony: 12/31/2009

I'm taking the under. Best Bet!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bsucards

BSU Cards
Forum Member
Sep 1, 2003
New Palestine Indiana
Irvin can go back to being his normal self like he has been on Spike Tv's Pro's vs Joe's now

Much better role for him, hope he didn't blow his whole cash wad he made at ESPN

bryanz

Forum Member
Aug 8, 2001
Syracuse ny, usa
Irvin can go back to being his normal self like he has been on Spike Tv's Pro's vs Joe's now

Much better role for him, hope he didn't blow his whole cash wad he made at ESPN

I think he made a little more playing football. I'll take his "cash wad" over yours.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
getting rid of irwin is definitely a plus for espn....now if the nfl network can dump deion, all will be right with the world.

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
The Pro players of today are not of the ilk of their predecessors...Way to smart for that now..Legions of financial adviser's and lawyers lead the men to more money.NOT throwing it away..Those days are gone forever for a very large % of the mega buck PRO's now.

Pro Leagues such as the NFL..MLB.. NBA.. have employed staff that immediately hold sessions with these instant MULTI MULTI MILLIONAIRES.It does these professional leagues no benefit to have their employed workers go off after finishing their careers and become broken down poverty stricken useless members of society..In fact they want just the opposite for company image.

NEON DION and a few select others who came out of MAJOR UNIV.s with marketing skills and education have layed[sp? the ground work and blueprint for financial success for not only their children but for the children of their children and beyond.

Charles Barkley rumored to have dropped 2 million in Vegas..His reply...They keep giving me more.:00hour

In the case of Michael Irvin,love him..hate ..despise him or be indifferent..the choice is of course up to the individual.But..with him being one of seventeen children I would venture to guess that he learned to put a few million away for a rainy day..Even after throwing away a few million on[if he in fact he did]wine,women,song,strippers and the white candy he had enough sense to take all the dollars ESPN was willing to drop in his bank account for as long as ESPN wanted to do so..Rather smart dude if you ask me...

just one man's opinion..

layinwood

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
Dallas, TX
I know Parcells signed with ESPN but I don't think he's replacing Mike. I think that Emmitt Smith is gong to. Mike said in an interview that he had already helped Emmitt with some of the things that go along with the job.