Michigan, Michigan, Michigan

longhorn102

Forum Member
Sep 2, 2003
Houston
I will take my chances with Mich -28 on Saturday. I live in Houston and let me tell you the Coogs rout of Rice last week sets this one up perfectly. Public my think Coogs are improved, but I don't buy it just yet. Rice was confused with Coogs gameplan and (lack of game film on freshman QB Kolb and new head coach Briles) and eventually threw in the towel. Also, I expect a big let-down as this is a big game in the Houston area as they anually battle for the Bayou Bucket. Also, I like the fact that Mich cruised last week and expended very little energy in soundly whipping Central Mich. It has rained here all week and disrupted practice. But the number one reason to play this game is the fact that a freshman QB will be making his first true road start in front of 100,000 fans in one of the hardest places to play in the country, the Big House mojo kicks in and Michigan gets the bacon!!!!!

Good Luck

ND2002HORNS

Forum Member
With ND on tap next week I really think Michigan looks ahead and will most likely play is super safe with Navarre for no risk of injury. If they get up 21 in the 3rd Q. they will yank him and Perry. Just a thought. Many friends in Ann Harbor and they all think they don't cover. Lloyd Carr is so boring and plays it so close to the vest that they never seem to blow out teams. GL

HORNS:D

CWood97

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2003
Michigan
Be careful on this one longhorn. Michigan has a great offense and will score 45+ again this week against inferior comp, but the defense looked awful suspect last week against a weak MAC school in CMU. Michigan does get its top two safeties back from suspension in Shazor (starter) and Marlin Jackson (who won't start but will play), so that will help, but the DL looked soft. Braylon Edwards, Michigan's top WR and playmaker, will likely sit a lot in this one, like last week. He has an undisclosed ongoing discipline problem and will not start.

On the other side of the coin, UH has a frosh QB that will make some mistakes in this one, no matter how good he looked against Rice. Those could turn very quickly into points. Also, when Lloyd pulls the starters on offense, there will be lots of talent coming into the game. Two backup OL have significant starting experience, Gutierrez (backup QB) was perfect last week and the depth and skill at receiver is scary. UM may try and call off the dogs, but not scoring may not be an option. One other thing, look for Steve Breaston to score on a punt this week. He looked nothing short of phenomenal (sp?) in his first game at the Big House.

If I was forced to play this straight up, I would probably take UM, but it doesn't look like a play at 27.5 to me. I did tease it down to 20 (with Washington -16.5) and I feel really good about that number. Good luck.

Bet on MyBookie