mil/ny

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

nighthorse

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2001
wichita, ks 67209
Can somebody help talk me out of Mil/Ny over 185.5? I see two teams that lack heart, which usually translates into lousy defense. This is pretty simplistic. I'm not good at figuring things out at the beginning of a season. I usually need more data to confidently makes calls. As another general question, how do you guys confidently capp at the beginning of a season? What should I and others in my position be looking for? Thanks in advance.

ed

Heyward

Forum Member
May 12, 2002
NC
In a perfect world, I would wait until everyone had played a few games before wagering, because then I would have more info to use in capping. Unfortunately, this also means the books have more info in setting the lines. I do a lot of reading about teams over the offseason and comparing matchups and the like, and then hope that the early season lines are based more on public perceptions left over from last season. I look at the rosters, starters and reserves, for each team and try to see which team has the advantage at each position, etc. I don't generally try totals this early, because I really can't do it well without more current info on how teams are playing.

But, as for the MIL/NY Under, that's probably the way I would lean as well. Knicks can't run with the Bucks so they should take every opportunity to slow the game down. Also, since they're so understaffed right now, their starters get real tired and can't shoot towards the end of the game. Watch a replay of the 4th quarter of the 76ers/Knicks game and you will quickly notice how tired the Knicks get by the end of a game and how they cannot seem to score points down the stretch. For example, in the 3 games already played, their best player by far, Allan Houston, is shooting 54% in the first 3 quarters of games, but only 20% in the 4th quarters. If he's not scoring for this team, nobody is. Good luck.

Coca-Cola Kid

Forum Member
Sep 29, 2002
Central, New Jersey
Okay - let me help

I'm a huge Knick fan....I watch them a lot

They average 89 points a game at home....
Like 82 on the road

It's unreal...My friend Bob and I are watching the game
last year and they score like 35 points in the first quarter...

He said " They'll score 89...watch"
Unreal....right on the nose.

If you bet the over - you'll sweat it out.
Tease it...or lean on the under
Total around 179-181

I do like them with +3 tonite
They haven't covered in their first three.
and they were .500 at home last year.
Victory tonite...but again a sqeeker

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Coca-Cola Kid

Forum Member
Sep 29, 2002
Central, New Jersey
Coca-Cola Kid said:
Okay - let me help

I'm a huge Knick fan....I watch them a lot

They average 89 points a game at home....
Like 82 on the road

It's unreal...My friend Bob and I are watching the game
last year and they score like 35 points in the first quarter...

He said " They'll score 89...watch"
Unreal....right on the nose.

If you bet the over - you'll sweat it out.
Tease it...or lean on the under
Total around 179-181

Knicks Scored 88....so typical

Sorry...my under was 185.5
But I took the three.....