MINN-NO GAME

hardcorecap

Forum Member
Dec 27, 2003
I really like the vikings here. It jumped right out at me. Almost seems to good to be true. Only thing is that Duece is back. Really tough to get a read on NO this year. I still think its too good to pass up

Irish

Green&Orange
Forum Member
Jan 8, 2004
OH
hardcorecap & coolgi
I took it at -4 when it came out, will do a write-up later this week. NO is in shambles, they are fighting themselves on trips and Brooks doesn't even look like he cares to be out there! Minn defense isn't top caliber but NO is having line troubles, getting Duce back helps but his ankle stops him from making cuts. I watched the whole TB game and he doesn't even try to juke...just head down and straight ahead. I don't think any corner can stay with Moss and if Griese can complete passes Culpepper should have success! Just my thoughts

GL
Irish

Last edited:

coolgi424

Forum Member
Apr 25, 2004
New York City
Thanks guys. I took minny at -3. Bought the hook. I thought it was too good to pass up also...hopefully, I'm not the sucker.

Not sold on the over yet...

coolgi424

Forum Member
Apr 25, 2004
New York City
RIGHT SIDE said:
Agree with the Vikes in this spot.....they should put on a clinic here on national TV and make up for that MNF loss to Philly earlier.....

Thank Right Side....I haven't written too often but always keep an eye on your picks. Definitely respect your ability to cap.

Rebel21

Forum Member
Sep 4, 2002
I'm as big a saints fan as you'll find. I have been 0-2 in picking them to cover and 0-1 not picking them to cover. So they are a puzzle. BUT i see no way that Minny does pass all day and blow this game wide open. I see them winning by 2 tds. I hope i'm wrong unless i lay alot of $$$ on the viks.

coolgi424

Forum Member
Apr 25, 2004
New York City
Rebel21 said:
I'm as big a saints fan as you'll find. I have been 0-2 in picking them to cover and 0-1 not picking them to cover. So they are a puzzle. BUT i see no way that Minny does pass all day and blow this game wide open. I see them winning by 2 tds. I hope i'm wrong unless i lay alot of $$$ on the viks.

I agree Rebel. I really want to nail this play but am hestitant. I feel there is something I'm not aware of. That's why I started this thread. I can't find anything that would make this be a 3' spread. There's gotta be something...right?

Rebel21

Forum Member
Sep 4, 2002
I think the Saints are considered one of those teams that "plays down to their competition". That has a flipside: ala playing a good team. You barely ever see the Saints get blown out at home and i wouldnt expect it this weekend. They'll find a way to make this one interesting but knowing the saints like i do, a moss td catch in the 4th for the 10-14 pt victory will seal it. As a saints fan, you're always hoping for that stop in the 4th so AB can try to lead another of his late minute drives. In this game since we cant stop the pass, we wont get the STOP and Moss will seal the cover for the Viks. Prediction: Vikings 31 Saints 17

SourDoughJoe

Forum Member
Jun 15, 2003
The Last Frontier
Couldn't believe this line when I saw it either.
The first thing I thought was "Trap". Well, I think it is a trap. 1)Minn has been scrambling all week to replace injured starters, mostly on D. 2)The Saints O stats are not that bad. Turnovers have killed them.
3) McKenzie is the saints best shot at keeping Moss's numbers down.
If the Saints can hold on to the ball they just may win this game. Like the over 51 best, then
Saints ML.

GL,
SDJ

watrdogg

Forum Member
Feb 17, 2004
Toronto
When the Saints are the favorites they lose. I see them winning this game outright. This is a tough spot for Minny back to back road games and they ain't no road warriors.

Good luck with your play! :)

betz

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2004
Southern MN
the vikes haven't stopped anybody this year and have a terrible road record under tice. last year they lost to the worst 4 teams in the league so they have a history of playing down to the competition. agree on paper advantage vikes but there are no locks for this club on the road.

Bet on MyBookie