Miss St./ LSU

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

samayam

Forum Member
Feb 19, 2006
First TV game of the year. Dawgs getting 18

Took State 3 games last year just to score a TD if I am not mistaken. LSU does have a lot of new guys on the offensive side of the ball, including QB.
Youve got to think that LSU covers the number anyways, right? Or is LSU already looking ahead to VT?
No matter how new the LSU O is, MSU D isnt spectacular. And more importantly, no matter how good MSU's O is this year (which it wont be good atall, no matter the fact that Hening-State's QB-isnt hurt for the first time in a long time)--LSU's D will be NFL quality compared to the pratice squads MSU has been lining up against all summer.

Would love to take the Dawgs and points here, and hell, it may be the year that State comes out and takes some names-but it seems like that is the mantra every year...
Anyways,

Thoughts?

Last edited:

BEAU

Forum Member
Sep 17, 2006
Atlanta, Ga
Tigers will go nuts here just like they do every year on MS. Flynn is imprssive and the D is going to cause some BIG problems all day. :scared

Corley1011

Hail State!
Forum Member
Dec 13, 2006
Madison, MS
I go to State and by no means do I think State will win... but I do think State will turn some heads this year... 10 of 11 starters on offense are returning and the D was pretty solid last year for us... They were jus out on the field pretty much the whole game. State is gonna play LSU pretty hard. I think if the line is under 20 take the tigers but if it goes over 20 take the bulldogs

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Corley1011

Hail State!
Forum Member
Dec 13, 2006
Madison, MS
I donno... State never plays LSU good... but I think if State has any chance to scare the tigers, this is the game to do it

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

RollTide72

June 8, 2013
Forum Member
Apr 4, 2002
Greenfield, IN
www.facebook.com
LSU at Mississippi State 8:00 PM ESPN

Why to Watch: The SEC season starts before September for two teams expected to be on opposite ends of the spectrum. While LSU is projected by many to play for the national title, Mississippi State is considered a near-lock to finish last in the West, but a Bulldog upset would certainly change all that, and send shockwaves throughout the college football world. Even a close game might change things up for the Tigers as far as a national perspective. LSU has won 14 of the last 15 meetings between the two, while winning the last six by a combined score of 208 to 43. MSU is hoping a good running game and solid defense can be enough to overcome the LSU blinding speed and athleticism, while the Tigers are hoping to get the apparent mismatch over with as soon as possible before dealing with Virginia Tech next week.

Why LSU Might Win: It shouldn't take too many points to put the game away. A double-digit lead of any kind should end it. This isn't an explosive MSU offense, and while it has a ton of returning experience, it needs big plays and short fields to crank out points against the stingy Tiger defense. If LSU doesn't screw up and make a ton of mistakes, MSU will have to try to run the ball to move the offense, and that will be next to impossible against Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson and one of the nation's best lines.

Why Mississippi State Might Win:
MSU's defense has to come up with a whale of a performance and hope LSU isn't sharp out of the gate. Remember, there aren't any preseason games in college football, so with an offense like LSU's with several new parts, even though QB Matt Flynn is experienced, it's unlikely the machine will be humming. MSU has a veteran O line that won't push around the LSU front four, but it should be just good enough to not be dominated.
Who to Watch: All eyes will be on LSU offensive coordinator Gary Crowton, who's hailed by some as an offensive genius, and others as an overhyped coach who was at the helm when Oregon's offense went into the tank over the second half of last year. Unlike last year when the Tigers had the big bomber in JaMarcus Russell able to put the ball anywhere on the field he wanted to, there will be more option, more quick timing plays, and more of an emphasis on all-around playmaking from the quarterback. If Flynn and the attack isn't sharp right away, most will blame the coaches. For MSU, the running back duo of Anthony Dixon and Robert Elliott has to control the tempo and keep the pressure off Michael Henig and the passing game. If the Bulldogs don't run for at least 175 yards, they can't win.

What Will Happen: An inspired first half from MSU will get the crowd into the game and make LSU fans nervous, but the Tiger defense will take over in the second half while Early Doucet and the speedy receivers will come up with at least two big plays against the green MSU corners.

CFN Prediction: LSU 31 ... Mississippi State 13 ...

Line: LSU -17

Must See Rating: (5 Hef wants you to take his place on The Girls Next Door, but you can?t because you have to watch this game - 1 Cavemen) ... 2.5