Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Picks..!! Friday.

pshaps

Forum Member
Feb 15, 2006
Peoria, IL
Well.. I went 2-0 last night with the opening round of the MVC tournament. Hoping to continue the streak tonight.

8-2-0 MVC overall

Missouri State -2 ***
(First off the conference tournament is held in St. Louis where Missouri St. plays. So, they already have the home court advantage. Also, besides Bradley, Missouri St. is the hottest team in the MVC. They have won 8 out of their last 9 and are 11-2 at home this year. They really haven't been blowing teams out but they have been winning by a solid margin. Northern Iowa is on a down spiral right now loseing 4 out of their last 5. They don't look like the team they did when they were ranked #25 in the nation and look to be almost kicked out of the bubble teams, especially with a loss tonight. They do struggle on the road and tonight doesn't look to be there night. Go Nuts with Missouri St.)

Bradley -2.5 ***
(When I first saw the line on this game I was glad to see Bradley as the favorite, which they should be. What more can I say about Bradley, they are finally playing like a good college basketball team. They were without O'Byrant for the first 8 games of this season, which did impact the team loseing twice to Butler and Lolya Chicago. But, now Bradley lineup is golden and can matchup against any team in the valley amazing well. With O'Byrant, Sommerville, Ruffin, Bennett, Tauai (I don't know why Jim Les starts him, but he does show good work ethic), Wright (6th man), and Andrews (6th man) Bradley looks amazing on paper and on the court. I don't think Creighton has a chance tonight with all the momentum Bradley is going to throw at them. Bet big for Bradley and parlay them with Missouri St. for a nice payout.)

Indiana State +10
(Like I said yesterday Indiana St. is one of those scrappy teams that likes to upset. However, I think Witchita St. is going to be to much for them tonight. If they score more than 10 pts. in the first half and Moss has another great game they do have a shot with the upset. Look for the game to go 7 pts. either way.)

Evansville +11
(Last time these two teams played Evansville won 64-59. And since the start of their 3 out of 4 game loseing streak starting I haven't seen any improvement in SIU team play. I still think they are overated and shouldn't make it past the semi-finals if they pull it off tonight. After watching Evansville only score 52 pts. yesterday against an ISU team who averages ppa of 55, watch them repeat a similar score total against an SIU team that averages 57 ppa and 60 pts ppg. Look for this game to be very low scoring and very close. If you have choice to play an under of -120 or so take it.)

Good luck to everyone tonight. I really suggest parlaying the Bradley vs. Missouri St. Both teams look to be the two best teams in the valley right now and it doesn't look like anything is going to get into their way.

Come back tomorrow for the semi-finals of the MVC tournament.

hm23

Forum Member
Mar 8, 2004
well, I'm right w/ ya on 3 of the 4 and am still lookin at the Evansville v. SIU game - lean to th eAces on that one.

Bradley and Mo State are the hottest teams in The Valley. I like the Bears to win it all.

Sycamores won't get the upset...that would be a Shocker.

redsfann

ale connoisseur
Forum Member
Aug 3, 1999
Somewhere in Corn Country
Missouri State, formerly Southwest Missouri State, is in Springfield, Missouri, approx. 220 miles southwest of St Louis.
Like them to get past the Panthers tonight as well...

pshaps

Forum Member
Feb 15, 2006
Peoria, IL
ye my mistake... bodog threw me off... anyways 0-1 with indiana st. oh well.. they blew it with 5 min to go.

hawkeye

Forum Member
Jun 29, 2000
denver, co-usa
Tought UNI defense just smothered Mo St. Mo Valley is going to be an exciting tourney to watch the rest of the way-evenly matched teams left.

Bet on MyBookie