Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Picks..!!

pshaps

Forum Member
Feb 15, 2006
Peoria, IL
Today is the first day of the MVC tournament. This should be an exciting tourny. Hopefully the MVC gets atleast 4 or 5 teams to the big dance. Anyways here is what I got for today.

MVC Picks Overall 6-2-0

Indiana St. +2
(After watching Drake get destroyed by Bradley last weekend I don't see them pulling of a victory in St. Louis. David Moss has been cruising lately and Indiana St. is one of those scrappy teams you have be aware of sneaking through the tournament.)

Evansville +1
(I really don't know why they are underdogs in this game. Illinois St. road record this year is 0-12, they have lost 8 out of their last 9 games, and their leading scorer, Greg Dilligard, only averages 9.9 points a game. Evansville is coming off two nice victories (SIU & @Indiana St.), and they have atleast won twice on the road this year. The game should be close, but Evansville will win.)

Be ready for tomorrow when the MVC tournament games get more interesting.

FLYIN' ILLINI

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2005
I go to ILL ST and read in our paper today that Ill St is awesome in the MVC tourney and Evans is not very good come tourney time.

FLYIN' ILLINI

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2005
The Redbirds do have a good history in the MVC Tournament holding the second best winning percentage in conference (.600) and is one of only two teams to have 30 tournament wins.

Evansville, who had a 5-13 record in conference, holds a 3-11 record in tournament play while ISU is 30-20.

In good news for the Redbirds, the tenth seed has beaten the seventh seed in four of the last six years. And while ISU may not be entering the tournament on best of streaks, Moser said his team would be ready to play.

pshaps

Forum Member
Feb 15, 2006
Peoria, IL
Here are some numbers:

Evansville: ppg: 66.2 ppga: 71.9 FG%: 42.4
Illinois St.: ppg: 55.9 ppga: 59.3 FG%: 40.8

I'm going to hand it in ISU they do have a good defensive team. However, there offense is pure crap. If your not going to score more than 60 points against an all around poor Evansville team then there is no way they will win. You need points to win games and ISU just doesn't do that from what I have watched. Also you can't really base your decesion on past years. Players change, coaches change, the university changes.

Also, I go to Bradley... its nice to see another MVC person on here. (It was fun to see Bradley beat ISU 73-44 earlier this year). :)

FLYIN' ILLINI

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2005
I understand completely what you are saying, I was just throwing something out there for you to consider. I totally agree with you...ISU sucks big time. Bradley is very good club and could win the tourney.

Steve's plays

Forum Member
May 8, 2002
NJ
Been following the mvc all year & bradley is my pick to win the tourney. Love them tomorrow against creighton giving 1.5. Think they win by 10-12.
Also like missouri st in the night-capper over no. iowa.

pshaps

Forum Member
Feb 15, 2006
Peoria, IL
Couldn't agree with you more Steve. Look for Bradley and Missouri St. in the finals... and what a matchup that will be.

pshaps

Forum Member
Feb 15, 2006
Peoria, IL
ahh.. went 2-0 on the night and hit my parlay. Cleaned up nicley. Be ready for tomorrow.. some big MVC games.

Bet on MyBookie