MLB 6/24/01 SUNDAY

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Happy'Capper

Forum Member
Nov 6, 1999
La Crosse, WI
Yesterday's Recap:
No plays took the day off......

I got five games that I liked and played on the early overnight lines......

Play: D-Backs Vs. Rockies Under
Line: Under 11 -121
Pitchers: Randy Johnson Vs. Neagle
With the Big Unit on the mound it really neutralizes that middle of the order with Walker and Helton being left handed. When was the last time you got to go under double digits with the big unit on the mound? Plus it isn't like Neagle came up from the minors yesterday.

Play: Marlins (Smith)
Line: -127
Opponent: Phillies (Chen)
Chuck Smith at home this year has been dominant, hitters are only hitting .170 off him at home. Plus righties struggle against him hitting only .174, should help keep down Burrell and Rolen. Chen has a 5.02 ERA on the road this year in his starts, plus the Marlins have been playing really good baseball the last couple weeks.

Play: Red Sox (Wakefield)
Line: -177
Opponent: Blue Jays (Parris)
Huge chalk, I know. But, this game should be around -230 when you look at the total picture. Parris is 1-4 with a 6.21 ERA on the road. 5.84 ERA in day starts with and opponents avg at .345; Lefties hit .421 overall of of him!!! Road starts he is allowing an opponents average of .352... Billy Koch has a 90% chance of not being available. Wakefield has been great over his starts. 2.25 ERA in them and a 1.61 ERA in June. Boston's bullpen, looks like Beck, Lowe, Garces will all be able to go.

Play: Twins Vs. Tigers Under
Line: Under 9 -120
Pitchers: Milton Vs. Sparks
Milton has an ERA of 3.79 for day games, but here is the impressive stats for Milton.... With runners in scoring position, opponents hit .178 and with runners in scoring position and 2 outs they hit .160.... Sparks has been great in June with a 2.64 ERA; Runners in scoring position opponents hitting .230 scoring pos. 2 outs .234

Play: Orioles (Towers)
Line: -129
Opponent: White Sox (Baldwin)
I am a believer in Towers he has been absolutely great!!!! 5-1 with a 1.97 ERA, just hoping he can keep that shaky O's Bullpen off the field. Baldwin has been horrible on the road. 6.97 ERA, opponents hitting .348, runners in scoring pos. opponents hit .339; and get this, with runners in scoring position and two outs opponents hit a whopping .433 off him.

Note: I wanted to play the under 8 1/2 in the Giants and Cards game, but the way Dusty Baker is blowing thru his bullpen again tonite I am going to have to pass.

Possibly be back later with more if lines move accordingly, good luck,
HC

dc

Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
Summerville, SC
Great info and excellent write-ups...

I'm a believer in Towers too...the guy seems to be the real deal. The only worry though, as you point out, is in the later innings...just can't always trust the O's to bring it home...but in this case, I think they've got a good shot.

Like your RedSx play as well.

Thanks for the post.

-dc

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

TDP

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 13, 2001
Great post. I believe I will attempt to use it to my advantage.Good luck today........

A

Antonio

Great write-ups Capper, wanna throw u some props on taking the day off yesterday, as i should have as well, another 3-3 day for me -2.65units, ive noticed that when dogs bark it usually last 3-4 days,i should have layed off today as well, as LA has burned me 2 days in a row now, i probably should have gotten the hint from the gods when friday nite the Hou-Cin total ended up burning us both, we were on the right side of that one thats for sure, I guess im just venting off some steam in your post, sorry about that
smile.gif
, good luck today...Tony... Like your picks...
wink.gif

Happy'Capper

Forum Member
Nov 6, 1999
La Crosse, WI
Tony,
Actually what really tipped me off as to take Sunday off is what you pointed out in your post. That Cin/Hou total of under 11 1/2 looked golden... then Ward hits a homer in the ninth to tie it up.... still looks alright... then the Reds score twice with two out in the 10th.... SHEEEEEESHEEE!!! It felt good just to play golf yesterday, and when I got home, by just taking that one day to relax and focus I just wanted to tear into baseball stats for several hours.....

Good luck to all....... I am ready to cash a few winning tickets!!!!

HC

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Happy'Capper

Forum Member
Nov 6, 1999
La Crosse, WI
My apologies for Sunday's plays...... Sometimes in gambling hard work doesn't exactly payoff the same day, but money mangagement does.... Be back tomorrow like it or not.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

HC

Mickey

Forum Member
Jun 10, 2001
Boise, Idaho USA
No need to apologize HC. Just one of those freaky damn weekends where nothing goes right. You've put up FAR more winners than losers over the long haul. We'll get our $$$ back! Take care!