MLB 6/25/01 MONDAY

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Happy'Capper

Forum Member
Nov 6, 1999
La Crosse, WI
Yesterday's Recap: (If you have a weak stomach please turn away from your computer screen)
Rockies Under 11 -121 Loss
Marlins -127 Loss
Red Sox -177 Loss
Tigers Under 9 -120 Loss
Orioles -129 Loss

Well, today could be a lucky day.... I turn the big 30..... so it would be a great day to get out of a funk....

I have played one game so far and am looking at a few more.....

Play: Indians Vs. Yankees Over 10
Line: Over 10 -120
Pitchers: Finley Vs. Keisler
If you look at Keisler's stats, the one that really stands out to me is the amount of runners he allows on base. In 20 IP he has allowed a total of 38 Baserunners!!! Going to be tough to get away with that against a team that has power up and down its order, that lineup is a three run homerun waiting to happen. Finley had his first start back from an injury on June 20th, he only went 4.2 innings and allowed seven baserunners. In his last two road starts he has allowed 8 Earned Runs in both outings. This game has all the makings for double digits on both sides of the ledger.

Be back later and good luck,
Hc

Happy'Capper

Forum Member
Nov 6, 1999
La Crosse, WI
...adding...

Play: Devil Rays (Rupe)
Line: +178
Oppenent: Red Sox (Cone)
NO I haven't been drinking early today, and I am still taking the D-Rays. Rupe has been solid in his last three starts. He must have picked up some movement on those pitches because he has increased his strikeouts in the last three starts getting 8,8, and 7. He has only given up a total of 11 hits over those three starts as well. The Devil Rays bullpen actually pitched very well in the series against the Yankees, while Boston's bullpen has given up at least one Earned Run in its last four outings. (2,2,1,3 ER). Given the high number on Tampa Bay I will take my chances and try to cash a nice sized ticket.

Good luck once again,
HC

DANW

Forum Member
Jan 14, 2001
BAYSIDE N.Y.
Capper ,i love the over in the ny/cle game,big bet for me.Thanks for the extra info on the game.HAVE A GREAT BIRTHDAY!!

[This message has been edited by DANW (edited 06-25-2001).]

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
A

Antonio

Capper Happy B-day, hope wifes gonna give u a nice Dirty 30 party
biggrin.gif

Happy'Capper

Forum Member
Nov 6, 1999
La Crosse, WI
Thanks for the birthday wishes, I have to admit turning 30 has got me feeling a touch old, but age breeds patience I hope.... a gambler's best friend, right?

Anyway, adding...........

Play: Orioles Vs. Blue Jays Over
Line: Over 10 -107
Pitchers: Roberts Vs. Hamilton
I have to admit that I never had even thought of playing this over until I really took a closer look at some stats. Willis Roberts has just been brutal lately. Over his last three starts he has an ERA of 6.75 and opponents are hitting .341 off of him. He has an overall ERA of 6.49 during night games. The capper to me in playing this over lies in the Orioles bullpen, just a horrible ERA of 8.90 over the last ten games. To show the demise of the Orioles pitching staff lately, five of the last six Orioles road games have gone OVER the total. Joey Hamilton hasn't pitched well at night at all either. 5.69 ERA, opponents hitting .349 and allowing close to two runners per inning with a WHIP of 1.86; also, it doesn't look like we are going to see Billy Koch in relief. He has thrown in three straight games and yesterday he threw 20 pitches, doubt if he will be in tonight's action. With a total of 10, I really like my chances in this one.

HC

Happy'Capper

Forum Member
Nov 6, 1999
La Crosse, WI
adding......

Play: Phillies (Daal)
Line: +143
Opponent: Braves (Maddux)
Basiclly, I am playing this game because I love getting a home dog that is in first place. Does Maddux win this game 59% of the time in the long run? I just don't think so!! So far Maddux has a road record of 4-4 while Daal is 4-0 at home. This is one of those games to see just where the Phillies stand. Home field means quite a bit in those situations. Once the line hit +140 there was value to be had in the Phillies, IMHO.

HC

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

loophole

Forum Member
Jul 14, 1999
nc
if turning thirty makes you feel old, just understand that i have shoes older than that. happy birthday hc, there is life after thirty.
smile.gif

A

Antonio

Good luck Happy i like that play, ATL 0-3 @ philly this yr, Daal, 6-0 at home, 4-0 on monday nites

Happy'Capper

Forum Member
Nov 6, 1999
La Crosse, WI
...adding, last one of the night, I was looking all over as for an excuse to play the Expos at +150, and just couldn't find one.... here goes....

Play: Padres Vs. Rockies Over
Line: Over 14 -107
Pitchers: Jarvis Vs. Chacon
The main reason I played this over is the state of the bullpen of both teams. When the Padres traded Witasick to the Yanks, they took away arguabley their most valuable bullpen commodity. Jarvis is pitching on four days rest, the last time he did that he allowed 7ER in Seattle. Chacon has really thrown quite a few pitches lately. (93,115,125,98,115,102) Colorado's bullpen has no one that can really put an instant stop to the other team. Capper on this one, check out how the Rockies hit right handed starters at home, my advice would be to duck and cover.

HC

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg