Nov 6, 1999
La Crosse, WI
Yesterday's Recap:
The struggle continues.....
Phillies +143 Loss
Rockies Over 14 -115 Loss
Yankees Over 10 -120 Win
Blue Jay's Over 10 Push
Devil Rays +178 Loss... Always hurts when the Rays put up 8 and you still take the "L"

Today I have these six plays as of right now........

Play: Cincy Reds (Reitsma)
Line: +129
Opponent: Cards (Andy Benes)
I feel I have the better starting pitcher in this matchup for sure. Offense and especially defense is better with Griffey and Larkin (both look like they are a go). I can't turn down this nice of a price in this matchup.

Play: AZ D-Backs (Bierbrodt)
Line: -139
Opponent: Houston Astros (Mlicki)
I am basiclly playing against the starter Mlicki in this one. On the road at less than -155 I will take my chances. As IE pointed out, one worry I have is if the rookie Oswalt does come in for a relief appearance as a warm up for his next start, that kid can pitch. I am planning on the D-Backs having five runs on the board by the fourth inning at home. Then we will leave it in the hands of the rookie, Bierbrodt, who struggled his first couple innings of his first start VS. the Dodgers. Since then, has been more than competitive.
Note: I am also thinking about playing the over in this game as well. See where the line is closer to gametime.

Play: Cle Indians Vs. NY Yankees Over
Line: Over 11 +100
Pitchers: Nagy Vs. A. Hernandez
Once again, I feel that this could be one of those games that at least one and quite possibly even both of these teams put up double digits in the run column. Two nice bullpens that have been worked to the extremes. For the Yanks just ask Stanton, Rivera, and Mendoza. As we saw last night, mix in a couple walks, with a couple of hits, and this game has three run homers written all over it.

Play: Ana Angels (Wise)
Line: -105
Opponent: TX Rangers (Helling)
Great line with the home team here. Honestly when you look at variables such as the starters, bullpens, defense, and hitting the Angels should be more like a -130 fav in this game. Helling has been brutal on the road and the bullpen hasn't been much better. Mix in the factor this game is being played in Southern CA, I love the Angels in this one.

Play: CWS (Biddle)
Line: -103
Opponent: MN Twins (Santana)
The White Sox have been playing much better baseball as of late. Biddle is a solid starter and he is facing a true middle reliever with average stuff in Santana. I look for Ordonez, Lee, and Konerko (the main right handed bats) to put up a real nice night against Santana. Also, I am not a big believer at all in the Twins bullpen. Nice price on the road team to boot.

Play: Oak A's (Mulder)
Line: +140
Opponent: Sea Mariners (Garcia)
I have to admit that I played this game on the number alone. I like a good hitting team with a solid pitcher on the mound at +140, too good to pass up on. I see I should have waited though, now you can get +145 at some shops.

That's all for now, any opinions I am happy to read........
HC

Happy'Capper

Forum Member
Nov 6, 1999
La Crosse, WI
here is another one......

Play: Atl Braves Vs. Philly Phillies Under
Line: Under 8 1/2 +105
Pitchers: Burkett Vs. Figueroa
Kind of a contrarian play here, but what they hey, I like the number. Four of Burkett's last five starts have gone under the total. The Braves bullpen have Karsay, Reed, Cabrerra, and maybe most importantly Mike Remlinger their only lefty ready to go if necessary. On the other side, Figueroa has pitched quite well in AAA this season. 87.1 IP 74 Hits 24 ER 18 BB 74 K 2.47 ERA.. Bullpen has been steady and only Vincent Padilla won't pitch this evening.

Good luck to us all,
HC

phoenix566

Cannabis Sativa
Forum Member
Jun 20, 2001
inside your head
I like em all
eek.gif
. I'll certainly be rooting for you.
smile.gif

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg