MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

ndnfan

certified
Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
Ohio
Record at MadJacks: 2-0 (+2.19 Units)

WHITE SOX ?210:

You?ll rarely see me playing a favorite as heavy as this one, but I just cannot see the ChiSox losing this one considering the situations.

Detroit might have the worst offense in the history baseball in my opinion. They were pathetic last season and have gotten even worse. So far this season, Detroit has scored a total of 4 runs in 5 games!! Heck, the White Sox almost had double that in yesterday?s game alone!

Josh Stewart gets the start for the White Sox and I think he?ll be pretty good in this one?at least good enough to get the win. Being a rookie, it?s important to have the support of the crowd and pitching at home will be a big plus here.

Stewart had a brilliant spring, going 2-0 with a 2.05 ERA and is a type of pitcher that will work the corners and is good at that (from what the scouting reports say). Today he gets Home Plate Umpire Brian Onora calling the balls and strikes and in case you didn?t know, Onora has one of the largest strikezones in the Major Leagues, so getting those corners calls will be a huge plus for Stewart in this one.

Gary Knotts gets the start for the Tigers and in my opinion this guy isn?t even near ready for the Majors. Actually, he's only had 1 career start and his first start this year is of course on the road which is a big negative for him plus if you take a look at his spring numbers, you?ll see they are flat out horrible. This spring he?s pitched 15 total innings and had an ERA of 9.00 plus walked 12 in those 15 innings while only striking out 6. The Home Ump, Onora does have a large K zone, but if you?re wild it, these Umps won?t help you too much?trust me! This White Sox team will be licking their chops today. This game won?t even be close!

Good luck :thumb:

-ndnfan

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

cag

Forum Member
Oct 14, 2000
Conn
Taking the high line and other factors in consideration what are your thoughts regarding the run line instead ?
And thanks for the great info and writeups..............
Good Luck,
Carl

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ndnfan

certified
Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
Ohio
cag said:
Taking the high line and other factors in consideration what are your thoughts regarding the run line instead ?
And thanks for the great info and writeups..............
Good Luck,
Carl

Carl....believe it or not, I do think the ChiSox have a good chance at covering the runline, but did I play the runline? NO, I didn't. It's just a rule I basically have to never play a favorite on the runline when that team is at home. They're getting only 8 innings of at bats which means the % drops off to cover the 1.5 runs.

If you feel like it's just too much to lay to win a unit, I think you're better off to flat bet it and take a little less profit instead of trying to cover that runline just to be safe. Play it how you're comfortable with playing it. It's just a normal play...baseball's a long season, so stay within your betting limits. All that being said, I know this favorite is steep and I usually don't even pay too much attention to lines this high, but I just couldn't resist. Eveything with the pitchers matchups up well for a good performance by Stewart, and "KNOT" for Knotts! Followed the moves the Tigers made this offseason, and couldn't believe a team as bad as the Tigers were last season could get worse, but I think they are.

Good luck today!

-ndnfan

Last edited:

ddubs

Let's Go Boilers!!!
Forum Member
Oct 22, 2000
The Windy City
Love the Sox, but hate the price:( . I think I'm gonna split my bet on this one, taking both the ML and the RL.

Hope all is well, Pete. Haven't talked to you much for a while. Will drop you a mail soon:). Stop by the pucks forum when you have a chance, got a great bunch of puckers in there:D.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ndnfan

certified
Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
Ohio
Hey Danny (ddubs)......I don't really follow the pucks too much, but I did browse the forum the other day, and I'll tell you what...I have one word to describe your hockey capping... UNBELIEVABLE! Great job this season :toast:

Seems like a great group from what I read in there. Next season, I think I'm gonna hang around there and see if you guys can teach me something about capping that sport. :)

Good luck today!

cag

Forum Member
Oct 14, 2000
Conn
Thanks ndnfan for the reply and I agree with the 8 inning concept, I never gave that angle a thought :rolleyes:
And by the way, good luck with your venture:Yep:
Carl

bohawk

Forum Member
Dec 12, 1999
Lima ohio
Thanks for the post ND-Man , hate laying that much so playing
under 9-(local). was 10- earlier.Daylight saving time screwed me
up.Tigs loudy as you said BA 111 vs LH & got an ump(Onoro)7rpg
&64% strike ratio.GL;) ;) :D

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Winphoto1

Forum Member
May 31, 2001
USA
Ndnfan,

Thanks for the freebie, but why'd you have to make me sweat like that??

Anyways, 3-0 on your MJ posts - we could use a few more of them over here!!

Keep 'em coming.

ndnfan

certified
Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
Ohio
Winphoto1 said:
Ndnfan,

Thanks for the freebie, but why'd you have to make me sweat like that??

Anyways, 3-0 on your MJ posts - we could use a few more of them over here!!

Keep 'em coming.

Hey photo,

Sorry about that :shrug: :D

That's why they call it gambling....but I agree, think people had to sweat way too much on this one. I think I aged quite a bit watching that games.....wins like this, I feel really fortunate! I'll take it!

I promise a no-sweat game next time out :p

Good luck the rest of the day!