MNF, GO COWBOYS

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Beatrix Potter

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
Dallas and the Over. Both teams will be hungry for the win, but Dallas by a field goal will prevail. The Dallas defense looks good, and Anthony Wright should be able to put together a couple of scoring drives. Washington has been virtually unable to score TDs and they're not going to blow up here. The defense is old and banged up. Don't forget that the Cowboys still have Emmitt Smith who isn't quite yet done. Washington just has no team chemistry. 36.5 is low and will go over.

Beatrix Potter

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
Here it is, Dallas and the OVER. Dallas and the Redskins are equally terrible but Washington is just the worse team, couple that with Dallas homefield advantage and it's cake. The Washington defense is young, hurt and inexperienced. LaVar Arrington will play but has been hurt, Bruce Smith out, and the others on the D-line are young. Emmitt will run the ball and get his average 80 yards a game, and Wright will be hitting Galloway long. Two other young receivers gaining more experience for Dallas, and they will be options for Wright. Cowboys coming off close one with Oakland so should have the confidence edge. Dallas also has the #2 ranked return man with Washington having a terrible coverage team. Look for Dallas to have good field position. Dallas has been putting points on the board even though they've been losing and Washington has only ONE TD all year. I foresee them scoring 10-15 with Dallas scoring in the high 20s. Have been getting killed with the OVER/UNDERS but like this one. Dallas and the OVER.

CryBoy

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Arlington, TX
I am backing the Cowboys in this spot because

(1) They are playing at home.
(2) Cowboys have shown that they will play 'til the end.

When these two teams play, throw all stats and match-ups out the window.

About A. Wright hitting Galloway long, I am not sure if this is an assurance for picking Dallas to cover the 3. I'm more apt to put in R. Leaf. Report out of Dallas camp is Leaf looked awfully good throwing... He could be the future for Dallas while Q. Carter and A. Wright have shown nothing up to this point.

Anyway... My selection has nothing to do with the QB position.

PICK: Dallas -3 (-120)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

JSMOOTH

They still suck
Forum Member
Feb 2, 2001
Ann Arbor, Ohio
Dallas isn't as bad as their record. OK...maybe they are, but they beat the skins by 10 tonight.

------------------
Hail to the Victors!!

[This message has been edited by JSMOOTH (edited 10-15-2001).]

infinii

Forum Member
Mar 30, 2001
Toronto, Canada
I liked the cowgirls in this matchup, but from what I've read thus far...it seems like everyone has same thoughts. I can't find anyone on the skins tonight.

contrarian play maybe?

problem is, JQP plays on MNF have done pretty good so far this season.

Beatrix Potter

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
CryBoy,

only mentioned the Wright to Galloway to show that they do have weapons on offense. Hope Ryan Leaf doesn't start. I don't understand how he could be any team's future. Just because you can throw well in practice doen't mean you can step up in the game, and he's proven time and time again that he can't take gameday pressure. What do you think about the over?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

sportsfan

Forum Member
Oct 15, 2001
Rockland, Ontario,Canada
Anybody a trend bettor? If you are you have to like the Cowboy's tonight even when they are being blown out they manage to take the win from the Skins. Dallas is 7 and 0 in the last 7. Being played in Dallas with Emmitt's touchdown record on Monday Night Football. To me there is no choice but to take the Boy's -3

Beatrix Potter

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
I personally think trends are not the best thing to look at, b/c teams are generally different in some aspect when they play. However, Emmitt playing big on Monday night, and Cowboys having home field makes me love Dallas. On top of all this, I think Dallas is simply the better team. What's everyone's thoughts on the over?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg