MNF TOTAL

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Rowdy

Forum Member
Feb 8, 2001
I'm leaning towards the over.
PROS: -Moss is playing on a national stage where he is prone to having big games. Particularly after he was shut down against SEhorn in last years championship game.
- Giants will have rookie CB covering C. Carter. Carter still possesses top talent and is far to crafty for any 1st year player.
- FG kickers Anderson& Anderson are two of the most reliable kickers in the history of the game. While their leg strength is not what it was, I expect them to be money from 45 yds and in.,
- Kick return and coverage for both teams ranks in the bottom four in the leage for both squads. There should be a few breakdowns in coverage resulting in quality returns.
- Vikes have only ten sacks all year. Any NFL QB will pick an opposing D apart when not pressured.
-Game being played on turf which generally benfits the offensive players speed and cutting ability.
-Vikes left side of the O-line is decimated. LG makes 1st pro start and LT (who is blocking Strhan) replaces Stringer. This could lead to some turnovers.(This could also be a CON. The Giants pressure may make it hard for Culpepper to throw- leading to a repeat of last years performance)
-Vikes tackling has been horific. This could lead to big plays by the G-Men.

CONS:
- Vikes have a poor rushing attack. I expect Giants to rush 3 and play a zone to counteract Vikes passing attack. Fox is one of the best coordinators in the NFL so you know he's going to have a scheme cooked up for Carter/Moss and comp.
- Moss ankle is a concern. I'm not sure the extent of his injury.(he hurt it playing pickup B-Ball a few years back!!)
- Vikes D has been embarressed the past 2 weeks ginving up 40+ points. Rarely do NFL teams get embarreseed in consecutive weeks. They could play over their heads tonight.
-Vikes get back R. Griffith tonight. He is the heart and soul of the D and will definately provide a spark (PRO: he could be rusty and at this point his effectiveness is not clear.) D. Carter returns after his suspension and reportedly is in top shape. He can only be an upgrade.
- Giants play like conservative sissies(IE- Philly game) and when they get the lead they try to grind it out and fall back opn their D.

Intangibles: We all know that Vikes have a highly emotional night tonight with Stiringer being honored. Besides that, the Vikes have been humiliated the past two weeks.(and most of the season) They should come up with a supreme effort tonight. If there is any team in the league who is prepared for that type of emotion its the G-Men.
-Giants need this game tonight to keep pace with Eagles. Vikes have every reason in the world to play strong. I'm looking for a highly competative game.
-The #45 is crucial. If I play this game over it will have to be at 44.5. So if you like the game to go over get this number even if it means buying the half point.

Rowdy

Forum Member
Feb 8, 2001
More pros than Cons I think. Looking for Vikes D to play inspired tonight. I'm still looking for both teams to score 3 TDS a piece.
I 'm playing over 44.5.