Moderate Muslims should give up their faith

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Am I the only one who gets the feeling that given the choice between Islamofacists who blow up skyscrapers and subways or the civilized world they will ultimately stick with fellow Muslims?

I rarely if ever hear anything from moderates against the murders perpetrated by the extremists. I'm sure fear must be a factor there as people who speak against tend to end up dead.

You always hear about how "this does not represent Islam". ...Well, what does represent Islam then?

This is getting ridiculous. How can anyone actually be Muslim? Why would it be worth it at all? You've got fellow brothers in faith killing in the name of Allah, and you can't even speak out against them? Yet this religion continues to grow and grow.

I hate Islam. I would like that religion to dissappear - come back when you get your sh!t together :cursin:

I hate that we essentially finance our own tragedies by doing business with elite Islam who ultimately fund terror networks. I hate that we would sooner fight a trillion dollar war and send thousands to their graves than give up our Escalades and find our own energy. I hate that our president drags us further into this hell. I hate that we are full of fundamentalists eager for this 'final conflict' or 'apocolypse'.

Allah can kiss my arse. :)

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
They should rise up against the extremist. That is the only way it can be beaten. We can't do it because they hide among the moderates and all Hell breaks out if we drop on bomb on a neighborhood. They know this and we play right into their hands. I stay pull out. Let Iraq rebuild itself. If they don't do it to our liking we bomb them and we keep bombing whoever gets out of line over there. We are the big dog on the block and it is time we started acting like it.

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
smurphy said:
I hate that we essentially finance our own tragedies by doing business with elite Islam who ultimately fund terror networks. I hate that we would sooner fight a trillion dollar war and send thousands to their graves than give up our Escalades and find our own energy. I hate that our president drags us further into this hell. I hate that we are full of fundamentalists eager for this 'final conflict' or 'apocolypse'.

Good post, overall. I laughed at the 'come back when you get your shit together' remark.

But the part that I quoted above is off-base and/or misleading. It gives legitimacy to the view of freaks like Dr. Freeze who think it's necessary to occupy countries in the ME because we need oil.

That's a huge disconnect. Oil prices were low, or at least reasonable in march of 2003. There was no oil crisis of any sort. They(OPEC) were not keeping supply artificially low, or anything like that. Not that that's a reason to invade a country in the first place.

Our reliance on oil is not related to the Iraq occupation. We would have gone in there even if we didn't buy a drop of that sweet crude from the ME that is at an all-time high.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
I wasn't referring specifically to Iraq - although re-reading it I see I scrambled everything together. It's our relationship with terror-coddling Saudi Arabia because of their sweet nectar of the sand that pisses me off.

I understand Iraq is not primarily about oil.

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
I hate that we would sooner fight a trillion dollar war and send thousands to their graves than give up our Escalades and find our own energy.

Yeah, I responded based on the above. Seemed to be connecting the invasion with energy conservation. I don't agree with the contingent that says this invasion was about oil profits. And I agree even less with the group that thinks we need to be there because we are reliant on oil in this country. That's just ridiculous.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
I'd actually rather not even debate about the war and just re-iterate my hatred for Islam. There were no Muslims on Saved by the Bell - therefore it's not really a legitimate religion anyway.

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
smurphy said:
There were no Muslims on Saved by the Bell - therefore it's not really a legitimate religion anyway.

Preach on, brother. Preach on.

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
smurphy said:
I'd actually rather not even debate about the war and just re-iterate my hatred for Islam. There were no Muslims on Saved by the Bell - therefore it's not really a legitimate religion anyway.

I would always rather talk about SBTB. Who wouldn't?

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
smurphy said:
There were no Muslims on Saved by the Bell - therefore it's not really a legitimate religion anyway.

that`s a hall of fame quote,smurph.....lmao....

when i read some of your stuff,i want to strangle you....
and then,i read some other stuff,and i laugh out loud....and want to know you better...

an independent thinker....i think that says it...

and the point about moderate muslims helping expose the radical element is a valid one..

an excellent question...talk is cheap...there are muslim leaders that spoke out loudly against what happened on 9/11.....that have since been exposed as funding the radical islamists...

but,it`s a dangerous undertaking...talking out against the jihad...even by other muslims.... is very dangerous...

that`s why the netherlands are tightening their immigration rules....and expelling troublemakers...

btw....the n.y.times had an excellent article on how the british gov`t has allowed the radical element to thrive in their country....they are hamstrung by political correctness...much as we are here...

now,they realize that being reactive...instead of proactive.....can be very costly.....

kosar will be glad to hear that i`ve lauded the times...

it`s an excellent article...i`ll try and pull it up....

i love the brits....but it sounds like they`ve reaped what they sowed..

here`s a different article...on how the british press may have helped run cover for the terrorists....

again...the media at work...

""Random immigration checks on Tube passengers have been banned by Underground chiefs after they were exposed by the Evening Standard.

We revealed how dozens of police and immigration officers at a time swooped on stations and asked foreign-sounding commuters to justify their presence in Britain.

And after we uncovered the practice last summer, unhappy Tube chiefs have told the Home Office and police that their officers will no longer be allowed to carry out the raids.

The sides are still in talks but already the number of operations has been cut and the Immigration Service has agreed to curb the way its officers work.

Crucially, under the new rules only people suspected of being faredodgers, drug-dealers or other lawbreakers may be quizzed on their immigration status.

Passengers who follow the rules cannot be questioned."""

reap what you sow...

Last edited:

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
gw quote:"that`s a hall of fame quote,smurph.....lmao....

when i read some of your stuff,i want to strangle you....
and then,i read some other stuff,and i laugh out loud....and want to know you better..."

gw, since i know smurphy...i'll be more than happy to arrange a time & place....just say when (lol).

kosar & smurphy,

what is it with you two about saved by the bell ?

wait until i tell btj (LOL).

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
AR182 said:
kosar & smurphy,

what is it with you two about saved by the bell ?

wait until i tell btj (LOL).

I can't speak for smurphy, but the show taught me a lot of life lessons and I, for one, appreciate it.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
I don't think I learned as much from The Bell as Kosar - although it often served as a great reminder of values I should hold dear. He clearly knows the show inside and out, as opposed to my limited knowledge. I did most of my television absorbtion earlier with shows like Sesame Street, The White Shadow, Square Pegs, early David Letterman, and finally the life-altering Simpsons.

Islam was not very significant in any of these shows, although I could easily see Hayward or maybe even Morris Thorpe eventually seek Allah. Black Panther type Muslims generally don't get into Jihad though, and definitely aren't into suicide bombings. I like and respect Malcolm X - especially his view that white women are evil.

Last edited:

shamrock

Forum Member
Aug 12, 2001
Boston, MA
All of Europe has endangered itself allowing radical Muslim elements to enter and thrive in their respective contraries. And anybody watching 60 minutes last night saw the now old story of Van Goah' s murder and their escalating problem with the radical Muslim s. Its also in Belgium Germany everywhere. I read a article short while ago that stated that France' s military was so incorporated with radical Muslim elements, at a moments noticed they could overthrow the French military. Now there is many jokes I could make about the French military or lack of...,but this is serious. And I believe probably true, that is scary when you think about it, one of the g8 could be toppled instantaneously by radical Muslims.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
France needs Joan of Arc back ...BAD! That bitch was awesome. She wouldn't put up with any of this crap.

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
shamrock quote:" I read a article short while ago that stated that France' s military was so incorporated with radical Muslim elements, at a moments noticed they could overthrow the French military."

that would make my day !!!

shamrock,

good to see you posting....hope all is well.

MrChristo

The Zapper
Forum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Sexlexia...
smurphy said:
France needs Joan of Arc back ...BAD! That bitch was awesome. She wouldn't put up with any of this crap.

Of course she only did what she did because God told her to....Hmmm...;)

Just as a bit of a story, an Australian hostage (Douglas Wood) that had been held in Iraq for a month or two, was effectivelty freed/saved when a Muslim Cleric from Australia went over to appeal for his release.

I kinda agree with you sentiment, smurphy, but it does happen.
And, I don't know about over there, but your average Muslim in the street here is going about their business much the same as usual. Not sure what you can really ask of the common folk?

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
I keep having the Lennon lyric in my head, "no religion...". Sometimes I feel like that's the best option.

...except of course for Mormons. I trust South Park when they portray that as the only faith which grants entrance to heaven.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
maybe,some of the "average muslims"....the ones that "go about their business"...could be a little proactive....in helping root out and turn in any radical muslims that may be operating in their mosques or neighborhoods.....

i know that`s dangerous....but,it looks from the outside as though muslim condemnations of terrorist actions are nothing more than lip service....

and that actually,some muslim leaders that condemned some of these actions have been discovered to actually be funding radical groups...

now it seems that at least some of the bombers in england are home grown terrorists...

it hurts to say this,but,in a perverted sort of way,the english,with their bending over backwards to accomodate,have become a serious breeding ground for terrorist activity....

i would hope that true muslims would be concerned that some are trying to turn a revered religion into a death cult...

Last edited:
Bet on MyBookie