Monday-Let's get em again

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

grey beard

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2003
Leesburg Va
Will play the Nats +110 in an early one over the Phils for *1star. Nats playing close games, they simply not coming up with key hit with runners on. Starters have been OK but have given up the big inning...in other words, they are close to breaking through with a W. The 49-year old Moyer might be the right formula after seeing a lot of hard stuff for the most part so far this season. Nats have a good lineup and have had runners on base all the time but have had very little clutch hitting..today I think they break out and score a bunch...Philly always a slow starting team which helps as the Nats frist two foes have come out of the gate strong..and the Marlins and Braves are real solid clubs this year...Cabrera had a good spring and does have good stuff, when he gets it over...my thinking is he'll come up big today to end the streak..he's a veteran now and won't have any opening day jitters..new league for him helps I think...Nats 7 Phils 5...play the 1st 5 for *1 star as well (assume pickem for first 5) and the ARL for some thing like +$160 for 1*star
Going with all *stars in this one as it's hard to break losing streaks. Change in opposition I think helps.

Had a good day yesterday with both the Marlins and KC being key picks and parlayed.

Season Totals-+$1,080
*3 stars 1-0 +$360
*2 stars 4-3 +$270
*1 stars 0-0
*1/2 stars 2-team parlays- 2-1 +$440
*1/4 stars 3-team parlay 0-1 -$25
*1/4 stars ARL 1-1 +$35

grey beard

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2003
Leesburg Va
Add the Yanks/TB Under 9-115 for * 1 star

Add the Yanks/TB Under 9-115 for * 1 star

Will play the Yanks/TB Under 9 -115 for *1 star...Yanks lineup not so fearsome right now and Kasmir can shut folks down with his great stuff...Wang also tough as can be when he's on..Rays got their hits out yesterday against the Os...expect a bit of a "jet lag" in this one for both teams traveling, good pitchign dominates adn think both starters can go 7 strong...see a 4-3, 4-2 type game

grey beard

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2003
Leesburg Va
Add mets/padres under 9 +105

Add mets/padres under 9 +105

Add mets/padres under 9 +105 for *1 star...Pelfrey has good stuff and light hitting Padres shouldn't get too many in this one..Silva is very average at best..but it's early in the season, his arm isn't worn out and it's going to be cool this evening and the team just got off a road trip so he shouldn't give up a half dozen dingers like he does sometimes...think this could be a 5-2 type game..liken it for only 1 star...nothing stands out in the schedule as a stronger play today.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

grey beard

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2003
Leesburg Va
Add Nats +110 for first 5 innings

Add Nats +110 for first 5 innings

Will play this for *2 stars...thinking that Moyer will get hit with his soft stuff (i.e., Nats have seen good hard stuff all year and his stuff may look real meaty) and will bet that Cabrera is on and Phils will take time to get use to his stuff...obviously this is a bit iffy but I do like the fact Phils probalby haven't seen too much of Cabrera and Cabrera has good stuff...if he tactfully walks his usual 7 guys (3 and 4 hitters)..he could very well go 6-7..thinking the 5 inning score could be Nats 5 Phils 3 or thereabouts.