Monday: Marquette -16.5

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

superbook

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2001
Saratoga Springs, NY
YTD: 13-8-2

Took it on the chin the last couple of days with some tough at the buzzer losses. Hope to rebound on Monday with:

Marquette -16.5

Golden Eagles vs Golden Griffs...both teams are 3-0 ATS...but that's where the similarity ends. Marquette is a very good team...they beat AZ for the first 30 minutes on the road but faded in the final ten when AZ hit everything they threw up from the arc and Marquette's leading rebounder sat out with foul trouble.

Canisius has the misfortune to be sandwiched between that game at AZ and next Saturdays game at #23 Wisconsin...and to be playing in Milwaukee. Marquette is pretty pissed off over the letdown vs AZ and I think they'll take it out on the Golden Griffs in front of their hometown crowd, in part to help justify their top 25 ranking. Marquette's tough D will create a lot of points on turnovers and they should hold Canisius under 50.

Marquette 76 Canisius 49

Box and one

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2000
Hudson Valley area.....NY
Superbook....be careful

Marquette University is synonymous with exploration. Like our 17th century namesake, Marquette students, faculty and staff members share a passion for exploring uncharted territory, whether it?s in a textbook or their own hearts.

We invite you to explore the history of Marquette University, our Jesuit heritage, the mission of our institution, and the stories behind the men and women who are Marquette.

Canisius College takes pride in being a college in the Catholic, Jesuit tradition that seeks to educate the whole person by caring for the spiritual, intellectual, emotional, and physical life of the individual. This tradition promotes Catholic intellectual life, spiritual development, and service to others ? the true traits of great leadership.

You have two Jesuit schools going against each other.When you capp do you figure that in when you break the game down.I do.

When Fordham plays other Jesuits they are 17-0 ats as away dogs when the line is double digits.
Canisius also has a great ats vs Christian Brothers and Marquette a good ats vs Holy Cross Brothers.

I'm calling Cardinal Egan tomr down at St Pats to see if he can give me some inside info.Will report to you tomr.
I hate it when the Jesuits play each other.Esp when one has some good outside shooters...

Box and one

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2000
Hudson Valley area.....NY
superbook,just to clarify...I wrote and pasted the schools motto's.
I just re-read it and some might think I was serious.I was just being a wise ass.Sorry if someone took it the wrong way.I guess those Holy Cross Brothers made me a wise guy growing up.
On a 2-hour snow delay...praying for that call....school closed...........c'mon St Peter.....or....Mother Seton Hall...they did beat Peter pretty bad the other day. Not sure if St Peters is a Dominican school or a .........

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

pirate fan

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2002
Prayer is a powerful thing;) I'm taking the Jesuits in this one:shrug: Actually like Marquette big here myself. Good luck guys and thanks for all the info.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg