Monday Matchup of NBA best

margwellus

Forum Member
Apr 2, 2005
This one's for JORD, one of my favorite cappers on this site...
Hey brother, can hardly wait for your write-up on the Spurs/Warriors game...here's what my imagined, exaggerated, boiled down version might look something like.

Spurs, two games behind the Warriors who are getting all the media love, yak yak yak...Big Three are now the BIG FOUR....etc. etc, etc, Best in the game over the last ten years... Aldridge a weapon, yadda yadda yadda, I love Kawai Leonard, almost as much as Charles Barkley does, ....Warriors getting too much love, blah, blah, blah, Curry overrated...Draymond is a loudmouth...can't see this Spurs team losing this first matchup of the season, and on and on and on.

This might be a regular season "meaningless" game but I actually think it means more to the Warriors and Kerr psychologically than it does to Pop and the Spurs

Think it'll be a fun game. Dubs first Q, and 1st half...Money line in the game.
G'luckally'allburgh

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

margwellus

Forum Member
Apr 2, 2005

i agree, would be just like POP to rest some guys as if to say, A) the game doesn't mean that much to me and B) typical POP cat and mouse head game, where he doesn't let Kerr and The Dubs get a "real" look at them at full strength until the Western Conference Finals.

I'll stick to my plays of DUBS 1st Q and !st Half and add Dubs $$ line parlay and some laying the 4. :0008

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Jord20

Sharp
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jun 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
i agree, would be just like POP to rest some guys as if to say, A) the game doesn't mean that much to me and B) typical POP cat and mouse head game, where he doesn't let Kerr and The Dubs get a "real" look at them at full strength until the Western Conference Finals.

I'll stick to my plays of DUBS 1st Q and !st Half and add Dubs $$ line parlay and some laying the 4. :0008

Did you lay the points, or just stick to 1q, 1h?

margwellus

Forum Member
Apr 2, 2005
Did you lay the points, or just stick to 1q, 1h?

went 1st q and first half (both laying points at minus 2.5 and money line at -175) and also opened a few parlays with GS on the $$ line at minus 200....Will likely lay the 5 but will wait to see the first few minutes of the telecast before tipoff and get a sense of the vibe of the evening..and then will play in game if needed, and as called for...gonna be fun...you going against Miami tonite?

nice teaser might be Chicago and GS..and then again a parlay of those two...:shrug:

Jord20

Sharp
Forum Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jun 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
went 1st q and first half (both laying points at minus 2.5 and money line at -175) and also opened a few parlays with GS on the $$ line at minus 200....Will likely lay the 5 but will wait to see the first few minutes of the telecast before tipoff and get a sense of the vibe of the evening..and then will play in game if needed, and as called for...gonna be fun...you going against Miami tonite?

nice teaser might be Chicago and GS..and then again a parlay of those two...:shrug:

Nice call on GS again

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

margwellus

Forum Member
Apr 2, 2005
Nice call on GS again

Pop made it easy by resting Duncan, whose presence in the Spurs line-up is exponential, much like Curry and Draymond's for GS. Scary how the Dubs made the Spurs look not only beatable but old and slow in the process. We got to see the Dubs are not just an offensive juggernaut that they also believe that things begin and the offense fueled by and with defense. That kid Simmons on the Spurs is an incredible athlete! Gonna be a fun West Coast finals...I would say "unless the Clips have something to say about it", but by May Blake Griffin will probably be attending anger management classes and won't be a factor in the playoffs.

Anyway, thanks for the props Jord. A word about tomorrow's DUBS game. Mavs will be on a 2nd night of a back-to-back and they are the team that handed the Dubs their worst loss of the season 114-91. The Dubs played without Steph, Harrison Barnes, Festus Ezeli and Leandro Barbosa. They'll look to avenge that loss (they take stuff like that to heart and gives them something to focus on in terms of a "short term goal") and will look to jump out on the Mavs early. I suspect a sound victory for the Dubs, (albeit resting the big three in the 4th q can be a little risky for bettors) and will go strong on 1st q, first half, 1st half $$$ line and sprinkle some on the game and either a money line parlay or teaser depending on the line...i see it being somewhere between 8.0 and 10:0008

nice call on the Heat last night....gluckallyallburgh

ClevelandSteamers

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 15, 2015
The Warriors also have a deep bench. Almost everyone on that team that plays any sort of minutes worth a damn can pass as well. I think people lose sight of their depth because of how good this team is.

I'm very interested to see how they keep it up going forward...

Barnes / Ezeli are both restricted FAs which Barnes will no doubt get a max offer...

Curry is a FA after next year(have to keep that in mind when considering 2 players above)

Barbosa, Speights are both FA after this year making less $ combined than Jason Thompson who never plays and is signed through next year...

Bogut and Iggy are getting older and will be FAs after next year...

Bet on MyBookie