Monday Night Rams Win Big

3fingerstony

Forum Member
Feb 25, 2002
Ontario, Canada
I see a lot of people liking the Bears in this spot because of the supposedly generous points they are getting(10.5)at most books. Some trends from 2002 MNF to consider before you jump on it.
These are the scores from MNF this year.
PIT 14 NE 30
PHI 37 WA 7
STL 14 TB 26
DEN 23 BAL 34
GB 34 CHI 21
SF 28 SEA 21
IND 10 PIT 28
NYG 3 PHI 17
MIA 10 GB 24
6 of 10 times the Home team won by more than 10.5 points. 9 of 10 times the final margin of victory was more than 10 points. The only real 'upset' in 10 weeks was Bal over Den in that freaky game with Denver's best DB getting ejected, McAllister running back the FG & Ray Lewis playing the best game I have ever seen a Def player have.
Team Matchups. STL has a decided advantage here. Chi strength on Offense if they have one is supposed to be running the ball. STL is 8th in NFL in Run D & Total D. In the 4 games Bulger has started the Rams have played Oak, Sea, Arz & SD. Opposition totals against these teams.
Oak - Rams had 2nd highest of season.
Sea - Rams #1
Arz - Rams #4
SD - Rams #2
IF Faulk does not play, Gordon looked good when he filled in for him before - which is why Trung Canidate dropped to 3rd string. Bruce has been seeing more passes from Bulger & Holt is a great weapon. Rams D gets pressure on QBs & Chandler is not mobile. Bears D does not have the speed to stay with Rams in St Louis. I look for this game to be like most recent MNF games with the favorite winning by double digits. Just for fun, here is a final score prediction STL 27 Chi 13.
Go RAIDERS!

Howie's Hot

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland Oh
I'm with ya finger...I think with or without Faulk the Rams put up in the 30's...looking at 38-24...I think the Bears will put a few scores up themselves...like the over more than the rams..

Bet on MyBookie