Monday on the ice

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Kgun5

Forum Member
Nov 30, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Record 6-4
+3.0 units

To me, these plays all look to be just about equally good. I would say that the lines are generous for each. Edmonton should finally get over their post-Anaheim hangover and beat a Vancouver team that can't score. I can't imagine the Preds losing to Phoenix after laying a stinker against Chicago. The Sharks are probably the West's 2nd best team, and they continue to show they can gut out wins. The Stars' record is inflated (IMHO), and the only impressive win they've had in the last month (by my standards) was a road win at Atlanta back on Nov. 17th.

OILERS +125, 2 units
PREDATORS -140, 2 units
SHARKS -105, 2 units

Good luck to all on Bounce-Back Monday!

frank s.

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2004
I agree with your assessment regarding generous numbers. Savard is helping to improve the Hawks, but Nashville should prevail here. Beat the Yotes last time out. Also like the other two. For what it's worth, Phil Esposito was in town (Vegas) a couple of weeks back; spoke to somebody, somebody who then spoke to me. Phil says the Sharks "are loaded", and likes them to be around come playoff time. I bet them 11-1 to win the Cup.

Kgun5

Forum Member
Nov 30, 2006
Buffalo, NY
I agree with your assessment regarding generous numbers. Savard is helping to improve the Hawks, but Nashville should prevail here. Beat the Yotes last time out. Also like the other two. For what it's worth, Phil Esposito was in town (Vegas) a couple of weeks back; spoke to somebody, somebody who then spoke to me. Phil says the Sharks "are loaded", and likes them to be around come playoff time. I bet them 11-1 to win the Cup.

As a Sabres fan, I have to hope that your Sharks futures don't pan out, but I like the odds you got.
I don't see anyone in the East to challenge Buffalo the way SJ will Anaheim in the West. The road to that series will be paved with less upsets (IMO) because there is such a gap between Anaheim, SJ, and maybe Nashville/Detroit and the rest of the West as compared to the East.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Kgun5

Forum Member
Nov 30, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Record 7-6
+0.6 units

Folks, what are we going to do with Nashville? I know they suffer from Northwest point-inflation disease, but most of us figured they could handle Phoenix (especially after getting a 2-goal lead). Oh well, live and learn. I played a little micro-parlay on Boston and the over in the early game, so the night was just about a wash for me personally. But the last two nights have eroded my record here. :shrug:

OILERS +125, 2 units: WON (+2.5 units)
PREDATORS -140, 2 units: LOST (-2.8 units)
SHARKS -105, 2 units: LOST (-2.1 units)

Total: 1-2, -2.4 units