MONDAY SERVICE PLAYS 4/7

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

tomtebow

Forum Member
Oct 11, 2007
JEFFERSONSPORTS 1-0 yesterday

Documented records since October 6th
MLB+4.68 units for the season (5-1 mlb run)
NCAA HOOPS 160-120
NBA 111-84
NHL 49-37
NCAA FOOTBALL 27-11 (10-4 bowl games)

OVERALL ALL SPORTS RECORD 363-261 since oct 6th

MLB EARLY RELEASE
SAN DIEGO UNDER 8 -120 (1 unit)

eddieh8823

Forum Member
Dec 3, 2007
Arthur Ralph

Arthur Ralph

Super Pick: Florida Marlins

900 Gold Key release : MEMPHIS Final 4 winner

Free play S L Cards

Al Kaline

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
West Coast
John Fina

April 7, 2008

Selection: Minnesota Twins (+135)

Today the Minnesota Twins will be on the road as they take on the Chicago White Sox. We will side with the Minnesota Twins as underdogs. We feel the Minnesota Twins will be sending the much better pitcher to the mound. The Minnesota Twins will send to the mound Nick Blackburn. Nick Blackburn to start off the season (in his last outing) had a solid game. In that game, Nick Blackburn pitched 7 innings while allowing only 1 single run. As for the Chicago White Sox, they will send to the mound Javier Vazquez. Javier Vazquez to start the season off (in his last outing) struggled. In that game, Javier Vazquez pitched only 5 innings while allowing 4 runs. To say the least, the Minnesota Twins will be sending to the mound the much better pitcher. The bottom line, we are getting the team with the better starting pitcher at an underdog price!

Take the Minnesota Twins (+135)!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Al Kaline

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
West Coast
JEFF BENTON

For Monday, back the Braves at slumping Colorado.

I know that Atlanta starter Tom Glavine has had issues in his career at Coors Field, including getting bombed there in one start last season. But that game was in July, when Coors plays much smaller than it does in the cool spring air. More importantly, I just don?t fear the Rockies? lineup right now. Colorado has scored a grand total of 10 runs in six games, failing to score more than three in any contest. And in their weekend series against the division rival DBacks, the Rockies got outscored 15-5! Meanwhile, as Colorado getting bitch-slapped by Arizona, the Braves took two games over the hated Mets at home over the weekend.
Besides, the Rockies tonight start Aaron Cook, who got roughed up in his first start of the season (four runs in six innings in an 8-3 loss at St. Louis). Including that setback, Colorado is 0-4 in Cook?s last four outings going back to last year ? a slump that started with a 6-5 loss to the Braves, with Cook allowing five runs and 10 hits in 5 1/3 innings. In fact, Cook is 0-1 with a 5.86 ERA in seven career games (five starts) versus the Braves, and Colorado is 1-4 in those five starts.
Glavine was decent in his debut on Monday against the Pirates, giving up two runs (one earned) in five innings in a game the Braves eventually lost 12-11 in 12 innings. And with the way the Rockies are flailing at the plate right now, I think the 40-something southpaw has enough guile to continue to keep Colorado off balance ? and we know he?s got enough offensive pop in his dugout to score a bunch off of Cook. Play Atlanta.

(Based on a 1♦ to 10♦ rating system)

5♦ ATLANTA BRAVES

Al Kaline

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
West Coast
TONY WESTON

Oh well, we forget the American League and focus on some National League action as the Braves take on the Rockies in Denver.
And even coming off back-to-back wins over the New York Mets and after beating Johan Santana on Sunday and considering the Rockies have lost five straight games since winning their opener, the Braves are still installed as underdogs at most places.
That?s OK, that just means more for us to win.
These teams played six times last year with the Braves four of those. In fact, when the teams played in Colorado, Atlanta went 2-1.
And what?ll work in the Braves? favor is the Rockies? lack of offense. So far this year Colorado as averaging less than two runs a game and has scored more than two only once in six games this season.
The Braves, on the other hand, are averaging more than six runs a game and have scored at least 10 runs three times this year. The Rockies have only totaled 10 runs for the entire year.
This will be an easy one for Atlanta. Take the Braves on the road.

*4* BRAVES (1 to 5 Scale)

Al Kaline

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
West Coast
THE SPORTS ADVISORS

NATIONAL LEAGUE
L.A. Dodgers (4-2) at Arizona (4-2)
The Diamondbacks open their home campaign at Chase Field with newly acquired Danny Haren (0-0, 4.50 ERA) on the hill against veteran Dodgers righthander Esteban Loaiza (0-1, 3.38). Arizona finished a three-game sweep in Colorado Sunday with a 5-2, 10-inning victory, going 4-2 on the road in the opening week of the season. Meanwhile, Los Angeles comes into this one having taken two of three in San Diego over the weekend, including a 3-2 Sunday victory when the Dodgers scored a ninth-inning run off Padres closer Trevor Hoffman. The Dodgers won the season series against Arizona last season 10-8, and they have gone 8-3 in their last 11 trips to the desert. Haren gave up three runs on four hits in six innings of work in his first start on Wednesday in Cincinnati, as the DBacks blew a 5-3 ninth-inning lead and fell 6-5. Against the Dodgers, Haren is 1-0 with a 2.70 ERA in two appearances, including one start. Loaiza?s only appearance this season came in relief Wednesday when he threw 2 2/3 innings against the Giants after a rain delay and got tagged with the loss, giving up one run on two hits. For his career against Arizona, Loaiza is 0-4 with a 6.05 ERA in seven career starts spanning 38 2/3 innings. The under is 4-1 in the last five head-to-head meetings, 12-5 in the D?Backs? last 17 overall and 9-3 in their last 12 against National League West competition. Conversely, the over for the Dodgers is on streaks of 10-2 in the opening game of a series and 20-7-2 when they play on Mondays.
ATS ADVANTAGE: NONE

AMERICAN LEAGUE

Cleveland (3-3) at L.A. Angels (4-3)
The Indians send young phenom Fausto Carmona (1-0, 1.29 ERA) to the mound at Angel Stadium in Anaheim to face southpaw Joe Saunders (1-0, 0.00). The Tribe snapped a three-game losing streak with Sunday?s 2-1 victory in Oakland, salvaging the final game of a three-game set against the A?s. Good news for Indians? fans is they are on streaks of 16-5 against a southpaw starter, 24-7 as a favorite and 25-9 when Carmona has toed the rubber. Los Angeles fell 10-4 at home to the Rangers on Sunday, dropping two of three over the weekend to its division foes. The Angels have gone 22-10 in Saunders? last 32 starts and 13-6 when he takes the hill in front of the home fans. These teams split 10 games last season, with the Angels taking four of the last six ? all in Anaheim. Carmona shut down the White Sox on Tuesday, allowing just one run on four hits in seven innings of a 7-2 Cleveland victory. He went 19-8 with a 3.06 ERA in 32 starts (215 innings) last season. Carmona has never started against the Angels, but he has pitched 5 2/3 innings of relief, allowing no runs and four hits. Saunders completely baffled the Twins on Wednesday, tossing four-hit ball over eight shutout innings on just 80 pitches. He was 8-5 with a 4.44 ERA in 18 starts last season covering 107 1/3 innings last year. Against the Tribe in his career, Saunders is 2-0 with a 1.32 ERA in 13 2/3 innings of work. The under is 8-1 in the last nine series clashes and 7-4-2 in the Angels? last 12 overall. The under is also 11-3 in Carmona?s last 14 road outings and 5-2 in his last seven when facing teams from the A.L. West. However, the over is 6-1 in the Angels last seven as a home ?dog.
ATS ADVANTAGE: UNDER

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Al Kaline

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
West Coast
VEGAS SPORTS PICS

Kansas Jayhawks + 2 over Memphis Tigers

Kansas leads the nation with a plus 20.0 scoring margin. The Jayhawks rank third in field goal percentage, fourth in field goal percentage defense, and sixth in rebounding margin. We have to play the Jayhawks off their dominating win over AP No.1 North Carolina 84-66 on Saturday.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Chip Hilton

Forum Member
Feb 14, 2008
RI
Ness?

Ness?

ness please

And I'll add bases daily request:

Ness in baseball, Burns in hockey (early playoff picks.) Am I missing something on Ness? I've followed his bases this year and notably yesterday:

04/06/08 Loss MLB Philadelphia Phillies -768
04/06/08 Loss MLB Colorado Rockies -1035
04/06/08 Loss MLB San Diego Padres -1040

Not that impressed.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gogogo777

Forum Member
Aug 7, 2007
most gd cappers i know are struggling. we're looking at 'long term' profits. He did pretty well last season. thanks chip

gogogo777

Forum Member
Aug 7, 2007
BURNS
BASEBALL

UNDER rockies/braves
Game: Atlanta Braves vs. Colorado Rockies Game Time: 4/7/2008 8:35:00 PM Prediction: under Reason: I'm playing on Colorado and Atlanta to finish UNDER the number. The Braves have gotten off to a hot start offensively. However, they were involved in a pitcher's duel yesterday, knocking off the Mets by a score of 3-1. Traveling to the cool temperatures in Colorado, I expect them to be involved in another relatively low-scoring affair this evening. The Rockies have seen two of their three home games finish below the number and none of those games produced more than nine combined runs. Dating back to April 2006, the UNDER is now 12-6 the last 18 games played here in the month of April. The Braves altered their rotation so that Smoltz could face New York yesterday and that Glavine, who has been successful (3-3 with a 3.97 ERA in 12 career starts) here, could pitch this evening. Glavine, who has seen the UNDER go 12-2-1 his last 15 starts in the month of April, had the following to say: "I think, in order to be successful there (Coors) you have to keep the ball down and that's what I always do." Glavine will have the luxury of facing a struggling Colorado offense that is currently averaging 1.7 runs per game, lowest in the majors. Cook, who has seen the UNDER go 4-2 his last six April starts, wasn't great in his opening start. He wasn't terrible either, allowing four runs in six complete innings. It should be noted that he closed out last season by allowing three earned runs or less in seven straight starts. Look for the Rockies' streak of low-scoring April games here to continue.

UNDER nationals/marlins
Game: Florida Marlins vs. Washington Nationals Game Time: 4/7/2008 7:10:00 PM Prediction: under Reason: I'm playing on the Nationals and Marlins to finish UNDER the number. Miller wasn't sharp in his Marlins' debut. However, that was against the Mets, a much more potent lineup than the one he'll see today. Indeed, while the Mets are averaging 10.2 hits, four walks and six runs per game, the Nationals are averaging 4.3 runs with 8.7 hits and 2.4 walks. Note that Miller will have the advantage of facing the Nationals for the first time. Additionally, note that the lone game in the Nationals' new stadium finished well below the number with a score of 3-2. Redding takes the mound for the home team and he's coming off a superb opening start in which he held Philadelphia to one hit, a single in the second, in seven shutout innings. The Nationals would go on to win that game by a score of 1-0. Dating back to last July, Redding has now seen the UNDER go a profitable 13-2-1 his last 16 starts. Lastly, note that Redding has a 2.00 ERA in five career starts vs. the Marlins, never allowing more than two earned runs in any of those starts. Like last week's season opener, look for the Nationals' second game in their new home to also be lower scoring than expected. *Blue Chip

ASTROS
Game: St Louis Cardinals vs. Houston Astros Game Time: 4/7/2008 7:05:00 PM Prediction: Houston Astros Reason: I'm playing on HOUSTON. I had a lot of success playing on Wandy Rodgriguez at home last season and I'm going to back him in his first home start this season. Rodriguez didn't pitch particularly well in his debut, although the Astros still won. That's not all that surprising though, as he rarely pitched well on the road last season. He was almost always sharp at home though, as the Astros went 11-3 his last 14 starts here and 11-4 his last 15 overall. In fact, Rodriguez didn't even allow more than three earned runs in any of his first 12 starts here, allowing two or less in 10 of those games. While he doesn't have great career numbers vs. the Cardinals, Rodriguez did pitch well against them last season, allowing three runs through seven innings in his first start and just one run through eight complete innings in his most recent start against them, a game that the Astros won by a score of 18-1. Note that Rodriguez didn't issue a walk in either game. Its also interesting to note that St. Louis slugger Albert Pujols is 0-9 against Wandy, the longest he has gone hitless against any major league pitcher. Its also worth noting that Rodriguez went at least six complete innings in 10 of his 15 starts here last season, averaging 6 1/3 overall. Conversely, Welleymeyer failed to pitch more than six innings in any start for the Cards last season, averaging just 4 1/2 innings per outing. Look for Rodriguez to outpitch and outlast Welleymeyer here, as the Astros start off the series with a much needed victory.

PHILLIES
Game: Philadelphia Phillies vs. Cincinnati Reds Game Time: 4/7/2008 12:35:00 PM Prediction: Philadelphia Phillies Reason: I'm laying the price with PHILADELPHIA. After winning Friday's opener, the Phillies dropped both games against the Reds over the weekend. I feel that they'll have the advantage on mound this afternoon though and I look for them to salvage the series split. Hamels got tagged with a loss in his first start, while Arroyo didn't receive a decision in his. However, Hamels was actually the much sharper of the two and I feel that he's the stronger pitcher overall. While Arroyo gave up four runs (two earned) in just five innings, Hamels allowed a mere one run through eight complete innings. Unfortunately for Hamels, his team couldn't deliver him any run support. That'll happen from time to time. However, its not likely to happen often to Hamels with a normally potent Philadelphia offense behind him. If Hamels pitches anything like he did the last time he traveled here, he won't be in need of much run support this afternoon. The last time he pitched here, which happened to be last April, he tossed a complete game, while striking out 15 Cincinnati hitters. The Phillies won 4-1, with manager Charlie Manuel summing up his performance by saying: "He was super, man." Hamels had previously only pitched at Cincinnati once and that came in his major league debut. In that game, he had seven strikeouts and allowed only a single hit through five innings. That gives him a miniscule 0.64 ERA in two starts here with 22 Ks (only two walks) in 14 innings. Looking at it another way, Cincinnati has 11 current players who have faced Hamels in their careers and they've gone a combined 4-for-35, striking out 17 times. Despite yesterday's victory, the Reds remain a money-burning 48-68 when playing during the afternoon the past few seasons. Look for their struggles against Hamels to continue for another day. *Personal Favorite

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Bob Balfe

College Basketball
Kansas +2 over Memphis
This is going to be a good one. Memphis has great individual players and are more exciting to watch then the globetrotters. Kansas bench is as deep as it gets and their defense is outstanding. Both teams breezed thru the final four and were impressive. I just cant get over how Kansas destroyed UNC in the first half. Memphis took care of UCLA, but the Bruins had it coming to them for a while with a lot of sloppy play in the tourney. The public is all over Memphis which makes me like this pick even more. Kansas has a better defense and will not run out of gas. The Jayhawks will put together a group effort and be this years champs.

Major League Baseball
Padres/Giants Over 7.5 Runs
Maddux/Cain

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Savannah Sports

2 Units on CWS -158

Eddie Roman

20,000 memphis

Damon Roberts

20,000 memphis
5,000 memphis under

Bobby Esposito

100,000 memphis
5,000 over memphis
5,000 cardinals
5,000 nationals

Robert Ferringo

Small plays
Memphis
Memphis under

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Dr Bob

NCAA Championship Game
Kansas (+2) over Memphis

These teams are similar in that they both possess an excess of long and athletic players that can run the floor and defend. The key to this game will probably be outside shooting, as I don't expect either team to penetrate as well as they normally do. Kansas has been the better team this season using all games for each team, but the Jayhawks were relatively better against mediocre and bad teams, whom they beat by more than expected. My math favors Kansas using all games for each team with all starters playing, but using only games played against quality teams favors Memphis by 1 point, which I consider to be the fair line in this game. Kansas is a better outside shooting team than the Tigers, which I think will be a key factor in this game, so I don't mind leaning with the Jayhawks as an underdog in this game given that this contest is basically a toss-up. My math predicts 147 total points, which is too close the actual over/under to have an opinion on the total. I'll lean slightly with Kansas at +1 1/2 or more.

Sebastian

50 Kansas

MLB
10 Washington
10 San Diego
20 Philly
10 Pitt
20 Sea/Bal Under

comp is Kansas/Memphis Under

VSS

NCAA National Title Game Top Rated Play 6% #701 KANSAS JAYHAWKS +3/-125 over Memphis Tigers

Dominic Brando Sports

Monday MLB/NBA/NCAA Basketball Executive Report (April 7th, 2008):
NCAA National Championship Top 100 Unit Release: #701 KANSAS JAYHAWKS +3/-125 over Memphis

Beat your bookie

CBB:

100* Kansas +2

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Teddy June

10* Memphis

2-Minute Warning

Memphis

Insider Sports Report

4* Seattle (Silva) -115 over Baltimore (Cabrera)
Range +100 to -135
3* Minnesota (Blackburn) +120 over Chicago White Sox (Vazquez)
Range +140 to +100
3* Kansas/Memphis (NCAAB) UNDER 146
Range 148 to 144

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Michael Cannon

30 Dime

KANSAS

Take Kansas over Memphis in the NCAA Championship game tonight.

Both teams come into this game on tremendous runs, obviously, and I won?t make a case against Memphis for any shortcomings they have, because there really aren?t any.

Instead, this is more of why Kansas is better suited to pull this game off.

The Jayhawks can and will stay with Memphis on both ends of the floor, which is something they proved they could do in their decisive win over North Carolina on Saturday.

Kansas has the athleticism to hound the Tigers backcourt duo of Chris Douglas-Roberts and Derrick Rose, something Ucla struggled with all game long.

As far as the frontcourt goes, the Jayhawks have versatility with Darrell Arthur, Darnell Jackson and reserves Sausha Kaun and Cole Aldrich who can all score and defend just as well if not better than Memphis can.

In the coaching matchup, I trust that Bill Self will have a gameplan all mapped out that will force Memphis to work harder than they had to in any other game thus far in the tournament.

Memphis was able to get by with supreme athleticism in their wins over Michigan State, Texas and Ucla. None of those teams could handle what Memphis brought to the table.

But Kansas can, as evidenced by its win over North Carolina. I believe the Tarheels and Memphis are just about even in the athleticism and speed department.

Seeing Kansas dismantle one of the fastest teams in the nation gives me all the confidence in the world that they can do the same thing tonight.

Take Kansas as your 2008 NCAA Champions.

10 Dime ?

NATIONALS (With Redding as listed pitcher)

Take the Nationals tonight for the home win over the Marlins.

The Marlins look like they could lose 100 games this year. They are extremely thin in the pitching department and have few impact hitters.

The Nationals probably won?t be much better, but I like them in this spot at home.

Tim Redding will start for Washington and he?s had some success against the Marlins in his career, going 3-0 with a 2.00 ERA in five games.

Florida will counter with Andrew Miller, who was acquired in the Miguel Cabrera-Dontrelle Willis trade with the Tigers. But Miller hasn?t proven that he?s even capable of taking a regular turn in the majors, and pitching for the Marlins on the big stage right now could stunt his progress.

Miller had 39 walks in just 64 innings last season for Detroit, and was touched for five earned runs in just 4 1-3 innings in his 2008 debut.

Redding is no Cy Young candidate, but he?s more apt to give the Nationals a good outing tonight than Miller is for Florida.

Take the Nationals for the home win.

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Rocco Vincintore

Guaranteed Selections
Date: Monday, April 07, 2008
$25.00 Guaranteed: We had another WINNER yesterday with ST LOUIS and todday Rocco has isolated another 1000* BASEBALL MONSTER BLOWOUT WINNER that is yours now for just $25 ane you will pay only after you win! Last year we were 88-35 for PLUS 52.5 Units for the season in baseball! So far this year 5-1 for PLUS 3.75 UNITS and we are on a 30-3 BASEBALL RUN since August 28th of last year! 4/7/2008
1000* BASEBALL MONSTER BLOWOUT WINNER
966 Chicago White Sox w/Vazquez -160 4:05 EST