Monday: Two from CT

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

superbook

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2001
Saratoga Springs, NY
Fairfield +5.5

The Stags have been the dogs in their L3 and have won all 3 SU on the road vs their conference opponents.

CT -3

I really like this young UConn team.

superbook

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2001
Saratoga Springs, NY
I also played:

Oklahoma -8.5

I don't know much about the SW teams, but this looks good to me. Maybe Nickelback or someone can give us the real scoop here.

St. Peters +6.5

This game is in Albany on a neutral court. Canisius got a win last time out vs Siena, a team they've owned in Buffalo but Canisius has been struggling of late.

gl

- Jon

Last edited:

Nickelback

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2001
Southwest
Superbook,

I don't follow the Big 12 that close, but I think you're on the right side here. . . no doubt that Tech has not played a defense like OU and to have to face this Sooner team on rims they aren't used to could cause them a lot of problems offensively. Even if Tech is able to shoot well against OU, I can still see the Sooners wearing down Tech in the end and get some easy looks underneath the basket. OU should have a nice rebounding advantage and FT%.

Good luck with UConn. . . I think I'm gonna end up going with Miami as they have a very solid home court advantage with a one point loss to Florida and a win over North Carolina. Still looking into all the games though and will watch the lines to see what happens.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

releasedahounds

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2002
Norman, OK
superbook,

Wanted to open by saying thanks for your consistently good input on this board.

I just wanted to give you a heads up on the OU game tonight. As you can tell by my profile, I live in Norman and have gone to school at OU for undergrad and law school.

Tonight, I think OU wins by DD 8 times out of 10. OU lost a tough one on the road at O-State a week ago against one of the toughest defensive teams in the country. They then went to Iowa State on Sat. and put them away with 9 3s from Hollis Price.

I think coming home after 2 tough road spots, the Sooners will shoot well, play the same solid D they always do, and roll Tech in Norman. Tech has looked bad on defense all year, and has combined that with offensive struggles on the road. Coming up against the best defensive team they have seen this year, I think they put up under 70, and OU should have one of their better offensive nights recently.

Thanks for the Fairfield call, and while I usually do not bet OU games, I do bend my own rules when I see a line I think is off. Here I think that you have the right side.

bear

Forum Member
Jan 17, 2000
Fairfield, CT., USA
Superbook,

With ya on Ffld.

Fairfield appears to be the play here but Sienna has talent and a BIG home court advantage tonight. They are averaging about 8,000 at the Pepsi Arena up in Albany.....beat FFld by 15 last year in MAAC semis and have a nice home W over Providence a few games back...........That said.....Winning is contagious and Ffld (now that it is winning and winning on the road) is shooting much better ..............54% vs Iona on the road in last........Fairfield is at the top of their game NOW and will play toe to toe with the Saints. They may not win but this one should go to the wire and 5.5 is huge.....

GL to us
bear

Box and one

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2000
Hudson Valley area.....NY
Superbook,I think Fairfield is in for a tough game tonite.I've been riding them thru this whole streak.MAAC teams don't have frontlines like the B-12,Big east,etc.Stags do.Deng,Deng,Thompson and garcia are 6'8,6'9.6'9 and 6'10.They are not a good defensive team but it forces teams to shoot outside.
Siena does have some 6'9 players and Haddix who plays 6'9.Big home court advantage in Albany.L'boxes best friend left this morning for the game.Classes don't start till Wed.So it should be packed.Plus its a doubleheader with St Pete-Canisius.
Karawanga has been playing great.
But my numbers have this game at -4.The line is 5.5.So I have to take the Stags again.A real close game.But I think I'm getting an extra pt and a half.

Agree with you guys about OU.Knight will have trouble with the"greyhounds".
Also like Chattanooga over Woffard.Mocs lost for me the other nite.
Also be careful with st pete.Canisius is really better then they look.Dux is outstanding at the pt.Mallory can score.Jones is good.Spruill the 300 pound monster doesn't have anybody tp stop him inside.This team was considered a top MAAC team.But they lost Doss and Foster for the yr.
Peter is basically a one man show with Clark.
Will post my games later.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

superbook

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2001
Saratoga Springs, NY
Box and Bear --

Thanks so much for your perspectives. These MAAC games should be great battles. I think I get them on the tube on MSG.

Just an FYI:

I think there's a good chance that Siena freshman forward Michael Haddix won't play tonite. He reaggravated the stress fracture in his leg that kept him 3 weeks during the preseason.

Haddix would be a big loss as he's Siena's #2 scorer at 14 ppg and #1 rebounder at 6.8 rpg. Siena has done well this year because of their edge on the boards (+6.8 rpg so far this year). Without Haddix, they don't match up as well vs the ATL 10 sized Stags.

Also, I think Fairfield is going to bring a lot of pressure tonite, their guards should really rattle Prosper and company.

gl guys

Jaycadd

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
Waco, Tx
Superbook,

Like your insight as always. Still researching OU but that seems to be the play so far. I only watch Big Twelve and will post later in the day.

GL tonight!!!

I'm Storming

Forum Member
Jan 4, 2002
lawrence, ny, USA
Superbook--

Superbook--

Fairfield is the play here.. I'm still not sure if linesmakers know about the injury.. Haddix is a key player for Siena, on Offense, on the boards, and on D.. He is an energy guy. This is really a huge loss for them.. Getting 5.5 with a (6-0) Fairfield seems like a gift..

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

redking

Jedi Knight
Forum Member
Jan 15, 2001
New Jersey
Thanx Superbook

Thanx Superbook

Great info Superbook. Always enjoy reading your posts with the insight and great analysis. Good luck to ya today.

superbook

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2001
Saratoga Springs, NY
Storming --

He's listed as Questionable at nss.net. He only reaggravated the injury yesterday so the details are still coming out.

Thanks for the props guys.

gl

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

superbook

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2001
Saratoga Springs, NY
T-V --

Thanks, I think I made some good plays but I've had no luck so far tonite.

St. Peter's was actually leading well into the 2H but somehow managed to lose by the hook and if you watched the UConn game that ending was even worse.:mad:

Fortunately I hammered Fairfield -1 at the half and maybe the the Okkies can manage a cover.

- Jon