Season so far: 35-21 +3154

Overtime giveth; and then taketh away.

Tonight:

CLE/LAL OVER 191.5 ($281/255)

skulldog

Forum Member
Oct 16, 2000
Boston, Ma. USA
LOS ANGELES -- Shaquille O'Neal held his thumb and forefinger an inch apart on Sunday afternoon, that much better and not how high he can jump, if reporters read the gesture accurately, so not yet ready to play on his strained calf with the Cleveland Cavaliers in town Monday night.

What was going to be a big weekend for Karl Malone -- Coach Phil Jackson had hoped to have him on the practice floor and angling toward playing Wednesday night, when he can be activated from the injured list -- did not materialize.

"He's not ready," Jackson said, adding later, "I don't even want to talk about it until it's a reality."

Jackson also said that power forward Horace Grant had left the club to tend to his ailing father.

Grant notified the Lakers on Sunday morning that he'd left Los Angeles, according to Jackson. John Black, team spokesman, said he thought Grant had gone to Atlanta after receiving a telephone call from his sister that their father was taken to an Atlanta-area emergency room.

It is, then, fortuitous for the Lakers that 6-foot-11 Jamal Sampson, 6-8 Luke Walton and 6-9 Brian Cook have been getting playing time lately, because the Lakers' starting frontcourt against the Cavaliers could be 6-8 Devean George at small forward, 6-10 Slava Medvedenko at power forward and Sampson at center. The Cavaliers start 6-9 Carlos Boozer, 6-8 Eric Williamsand 7-3 Zydrunas Ilgauskasacross the front.

Include Gary Payton's sinus ailment -- he sat out Saturday and practiced Sunday but Jackson did not believe he felt well -- and the Lakers could have only nine players Monday night. The prospect has forced Jackson to consider a glance at the rosters of the National Basketball Development League, if only for 10-day reinforcements.

In case you didn't know.

GL

HONUS

Forum Member
Jul 27, 1999
Toronto
Thanks Skulldog; I'll stand by my play, though.

Adding:

NYK +1 +100 ($100/100)

My first side play of the year (that I've posted).

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

GreyStreet

Forum Member
Nov 10, 2003
Baltimore, MD
Good luck tonight Honus, I'm with you... we're going to need the game to open up pretty big because both teams are off to a slow start in the Cleveland/ LA Lakers game. Here's to a no-defense second half!

Grey

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

lowell

Forum Member
Jul 6, 2003
gsp is right about the lakers.betting on them or against them is very frustrating.had cleveland tonight and 29-15 4th qtr w/kobe,malone,shaq not playing.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg