Monday's Notes and Injuries

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
Chicago Notes....
A suspension may be imminent for Hawks left wing Bob Probert. He received a
five-minute major penalty and a game misconduct for elbowing Toronto's Gary Roberts in
the head late in the second period Saturday.The Hawks are still minus right wing Steve
Thomas, recovering from a broken ankle, and defenseman Jaroslav Spacek, out with a
broken finger. Instead of getting a replacement for Jaroslav Spacek, whose broken index
finger will be re-evaluated on Monday, they called up forward Jim Campbell from
Norfolk of the American Hockey League after the game The Hawks' biggest problems
during their slide have been a lack of scoring punch and poor penalty-killing. They have
only 19 goals in the last nine games.
Opponents have succeeded on 11-of-34 power-play attempts in those nine games, and the
Hawks now have the worst penalty-killing record in the Western Conference.The
penalty-killing perked up a bit in the back-to-back games with Toronto in which the Maple
Leafs were 1-for-7 on the power play. But take that with a grain of salt: Of the NHL's 30
teams, the Leafs rank 24th on the power play
Last season the Canadiens were 5-4 overtime winners in their only encounter Oct. 14 in
Montreal.It'll be interesting to see how Sutter uses Campbell tonight against the Canadiens at the Molson Centre. It's possible Campbell will replace Mike Peluso on the third line, or he could be used to inject some life (and offensive potential) into the struggling fourth line.

The fourth line of Peter White, Bob Probert and either Ryan VandenBussche or Aaron Downey has chipped in only 2 goals and is a combined minus-11.

[This message has been edited by wigs (edited 12-03-2001).]

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
LA Times..
When Ziggy Palffy left Staples Center on Saturday, he was so sore after suffering a chest
contusion during a second-period crash into the boards that he had to stop to catch his
breath as he walked to his car. He'll be reevaluated today, but when he was not being
treated Sunday, the winger was "virtually bedridden," trainer Pete Demers said.
He will not play tonight against the Calgary Flames, Murray said.
Avs Notes...
David Aebischer's scheduled start against Calgary was scrubbed, and the backup instead
will play tonight against the Ottawa Senators at the Pepsi Center.

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
consolidating the info into one thread....

refs
OTT/COL- McGeough & Watson
CHI/MON- Furlatt & VonMassenhoven
Cal/LAk-not available yet

McGeough- Home Teams ATS 14-3 5-9 o/u 4.22 GPG
Watson 12-9 10-8 o/u 5.46 GPG

FURLATT- 10-0 HOME TEAMS!! 4-4 o/u 5.17
VonMassenhoven- 12-9 8-14 o/u 5.20 GPG

TexasBC6

Forum Member
Dec 10, 2000
Austin, TX
Rob Schick and Rob Martell are doing the Calgary/LA game.

Schick - 9-8 ATS, 6-14 o/u, 4.64 GPG
Martell - 8-7 ATS, 9-8 o/u, 5.00 GPG

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
thanks Tex

Montreal......
Newly acquired right winger Donald Audette suffered damage to the tendons in his left wrist when he was accidentally run over by Radek Dvorak's wrist while Jan Bulis and Patrice Brisebois both left the Molson Centre on crutches. Only Brisebois has an outside chance of being in the lineup when the Chicago Blackhawks come calling at the Molson Centre tonight Brisebois briefly left Saturday's game after he was hit in the right foot by a shot from Mike York. He returned to action but had trouble making turns.

"I had no strength and I couldn't push off or pivot," said the veteran defenceman, who has been having an outstanding season. "I've had ice on it and treatment and I hope I can play tomorrow. But it's sore and swollen and I don't know if can get my skate on."Joe Juneau is still out with an injury as well...
It's likely that Oleg Petrov will replace Audette on a line with centre Doug Gilmour and Brian Savage, but Petrov is playing through a chronic shoulder injury.
The team has recalled Mike Ribeiro from the Quebec Citadelles of the American Hockey League. Therrien said Ribeiro will play on one of the top two lines, which means he'll probably be a winger on a line with Yanic Perreault and Richard Zednik.

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
stars.....
FORT WORTH, Texas (Ticker) -- Bob Gainey, who has built the Dallas Stars into an elite NHL franchise, apparently will step down as general manager after this season.

Gainey told The Fort Worth Star-Telegram in Monday's editions that the three-year contract he signed before last season called for him to serve the first two years as general manager and the third as a team consultant.

"At the end of the year, it will be 10 years in this job with this team, and I had planned on at some point making a change or doing something different and it's time," Gainey told the newspaper. "I had planned it this way, so I'm really just following through on the commitment I had with the Stars."

Bet on MyBookie