More on the Kenny Roger's story....

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Raybo

Forum Member
May 21, 2002
Local news here just blasted Rogers tonight.
Channel 4 (Fox), 5 (NBC), 8 (ABC), and 11 (CBS) spent quite a bit of the news hour covering this story.
Channel 4 was the station that the cameraman was employed by (that Rogers went after). They spent about 25 minutes out of the hour dedicated to this story (yes, it was a slow news day). I did not know that Kenny Rogers had been having that many problems with GM John Hart (about his contract extension) and was at odds with the media. Evidently, his emotions have been on "simmer" for awhile until yesterday.
I am wondering where the team goes from here.
I'm guessing there is going to be this "us against the world" attitude in the clubhouse.
I did not play the game tonight, but was very interested in how it played out. I would have been very concerned about this team if they would have laid a big egg out there. When they were down early I was watching to see how they would respond. I know how early in the season this is, but, this result for this team tonight was very important. Personally, I don't believe this team has anything close in their starting rotation to contend by October. I do think that this team will show some fight over the next few weeks and may be a "go with" instead of against over the short term.... Sooner or later the Rangers will wear down and you should get at least one more streak like they have been going through the past few weeks. But, this whole episode, may give this group something to rally about for a little while.
Well, anyway, I thought it might be worth posting and talking about....
take care guys....rb