more updates....java

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
does everybody install these updates?....

i get a notification for a java update....then when i go to install it takes me to a screen for some sort of mcafee trial......i already have norton through comcast....so i don`t need the possibility of competing virus scans...and i`m not sure you can opt out even if you uncheck the mcafee box...

do you guys install these updates?....do you even get these prompts?....

thanks...

Last edited:

bsucards

BSU Cards
Forum Member
Sep 1, 2003
New Palestine Indiana
you can turn off the auto updates in Java, check under control panel for a java icon.

If you uncheck the mcaffee box it won't install. I uncheck all that stuff whenever I install stuff, I don't need 6 different toolbars.

The Joker

Registered
Forum Member
Aug 3, 2008
Tennessee
www.madjacksports.com
does everybody install these updates?....

i get a notification for a java update....then when i go to install it takes me to a screen for some sort of mcafee trial......i already have norton through comcast....so i don`t need the possibility of competing virus scans...and i`m not sure you can opt out even if you uncheck the mcafee box...

do you guys install these updates?....do you even get these prompts?....

thanks...

get a mac.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
you can turn off the auto updates in Java, check under control panel for a java icon.

If you uncheck the mcaffee box it won't install. I uncheck all that stuff whenever I install stuff, I don't need 6 different toolbars.

do you install these,bsu?....does it mess stuff up if you don`t?...

thanks again...

bsucards

BSU Cards
Forum Member
Sep 1, 2003
New Palestine Indiana
I typically don't install all the java updates, unless I come across a website/application that requires it, although like all patches, they are released because of new functionality or security patches.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
I typically don't install all the java updates, unless I come across a website/application that requires it, although like all patches, they are released because of new functionality or security patches.

very good...thanks for sharing your expertise...a big help...:toast:

Bet on MyBookie