My BIG home dog that can win outright

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Marra

Forum Member
Aug 31, 2002
Chicago, Tempe
Give me Ohio and the 9 points at home against Marshall.

This game had to be a 9 points, because they both played MiamiOH, and Marshall beat them by 8 and Ohio lost to them by 20. Don't be fooled.

You are looking at Marshall's schedule, and you are like..man. Troy, Ohio St and Georgia. They played each of those teams tough. Well, they lost straight up to Troy, who hasn't done much since beating Missouri. Ohio State showed their true colors last weekend at NW. They aren't nearly as good as advertised. I will give them Georgia, but Georgia outgained them by 211 yards, which would lead to believe a bigger margin of victory than was posted.

Ohio lost to Pitt, but actually outgained them in the game. A lot closer than the final score indicated. They just got beat against Miami OH, and shut out Buffalo, who proved to be OK after that CFla game last week. They then go into hostile Kentucky (where Bama is only 6 point favorites) and beat the Wildcats outright by 12.

If the line were Ohio getting 3 or something, I would say that is fine. But it's 9 :scared points. At home. Against a team that doesn't have the explosive offense they have had in years past. TOO MANY POINTS, IMO.

Also, give me the Tedford Bears getting 7 against the slightly overrated Trojans of Troy. USC-good team. This Cal team is very solid, as proved by their spanking of OSU at Corvallis last week after a 21 day layoff. Corvallis is no picnic. They could win this game outright, and I don't put anything past the best coach in the country in Tedford. Especially getting 7.

My final game is San Diego State laying 3 at Wyoming. I don't love playing road favs, but this is a mismatch. This is just Las Vegas hoping the public doesn't look deeper into the final score. You have Wyoming off 2 wins...one against a Big 12 Ole Miss, and one against ULMonroe. The Ole Miss game was given to them, as they were just dominated in the yardage battle, Ole Miss gained 170 more yards total then them. W
We saw what SDSU did against Big Blue. They were outgained by only 8 yards last week against UCLA, and played a much tougher game that indicated. They are just statistically better against much tougher competition.

Play SDSU -3.

Ohio :clap: :clap:
Cal :clap:
SDSU :clap:

Cal and Ohio can win outright.

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
spang is heavy on ou as well, and i think you guys are right with this game. ohio is a little better than i originally expected. only thing that scares me is that theyre in a nebraska-like transition this season (where both teams were option-heavy the last decade and now are trying to throw the ball a lot more). their offense is a little erratic, but theyre making a lot of progress. and like you said, the herd just doesnt have the explosive offense that theyve had in the past. i took a flyer on the bobcats with you guys. gl

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

tulah

Forum Member
Sep 10, 2003
So Cal
Marra said:
Give me Ohio and the 9 points at home against Marshall.

This game had to be a 9 points, because they both played MiamiOH, and Marshall beat them by 8 and Ohio lost to them by 20. Don't be fooled.

You are looking at Marshall's schedule, and you are like..man. Troy, Ohio St and Georgia. They played each of those teams tough. Well, they lost straight up to Troy, who hasn't done much since beating Missouri. Ohio State showed their true colors last weekend at NW. They aren't nearly as good as advertised. I will give them Georgia, but Georgia outgained them by 211 yards, which would lead to believe a bigger margin of victory than was posted.

Ohio lost to Pitt, but actually outgained them in the game. A lot closer than the final score indicated. They just got beat against Miami OH, and shut out Buffalo, who proved to be OK after that CFla game last week. They then go into hostile Kentucky (where Bama is only 6 point favorites) and beat the Wildcats outright by 12.

If the line were Ohio getting 3 or something, I would say that is fine. But it's 9 :scared points. At home. Against a team that doesn't have the explosive offense they have had in years past. TOO MANY POINTS, IMO.

I gotta disagree with you fellas on this one
Marshall QB Hill finally healthy .Also the D is Solid enough to limit them to less then 20(Shut out LW 28-0) .Buffalo SUCKS the big one ,so a shut out is to be expected.C. Fla is just as lousy as Buffalo
UK had 5 to's . that pretty much says it all

I think this one is gonna be a very one sided game
Marshall will win easily IMO

GL

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
nice play marra. bobcats force a turnover with under 2:00 to get the ball back in herd territory. barring a collapse, ou covers with a shot to win SU or force OT

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
true freshman missed 32yd FG. ohio deserved a shot to win it SU in OT. nonetheless, great call on the ohio spread.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg