My opinion on Wednesday's game. . .

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

BearDownAZ

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 24, 2001
Tucson, AZ, USA
I have always said do not bet against Schilling or Johnson. . . .

Well, if you are EVER going to bet against Schilling, then you should consider tomorrow as Schilling is going on 3 days rest on the road. . . obviously I will not be betting against my DBacks, but could understand IF others decide to bet against him in this situation. . .

spanky2

Forum Member
Feb 23, 2001
toronto,canada
Why in the world would you not bet on a man that has an ERA 0.7 in playoff?? Do the think 3 days rest is going to bother him after the easy time he had on Saturday???
My God, the BEST 1-2 punch in ball right now !!!
Please ,oh please tell me why you would bet against PITCHING??
What is it that wins baseball Games???
Spanky.......

[This message has been edited by spanky2 (edited 10-31-2001).]

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BearDownAZ

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 24, 2001
Tucson, AZ, USA
Spanky,

If you have ever read my posts in this forum before then you would know that I have always said NEVER to bet against these two pitchers. . . and I sure won't!

However, you have to like the spot that the Yankees get Schilling in tomorrow. . . can Schilling win the game? Of course! But if the Yankees are ever gonna beat him, it would be this game instead of game 7 back in Arizona. . . just my 2 cents!

spanky2

Forum Member
Feb 23, 2001
toronto,canada
Thanks Bear,I get what you mean.
I stated before the Series ,I thoght Zonoa was A huge 'dog' play with the currenr BEST DUO in ball.
I feel the Yanks ARE not a play tomorrow,The Yanks bats arelike agranuloma formation and don't seem to understand what their cause is.
My play will be Zona and a little under(just for a FUN parlay).
Just my little two coppers worth. Good luck..Spanky......

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

EMJ32

Forum Member
Sep 17, 2000
Well, look who decided to rejoin the forum. I knew you couldn't stay away.
tongue.gif

spanky2

Forum Member
Feb 23, 2001
toronto,canada
Thanks EMJ,nice to drop in .But after the shit I took Sunday,I'll certainly pick my spots ,thats for sure.
I even got jumped on over at WT forum.
Boy 'it sure feels great to get kicked when your down'.Oh Well,I know I,m the stronger MAN in mores than one way.So onward and UPWARD for us ALL...
Hope to be posting up some nice winners,Good luck to you ...Spanky

EMJ32

Forum Member
Sep 17, 2000
Spanky, I read in the general forum that you are going to Hawaii for the holidays. Marine is prepared to organize a little drinking party. What dates are you going?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

EMJ32

Forum Member
Sep 17, 2000
Yeah, I'm in Honolulu Dec. 13 - 16 and then on to Maui for 12 additional days.

spanky2

Forum Member
Feb 23, 2001
toronto,canada
We are In Honolulu at the Outrigger Reef On The Beach on Waikiki Beach.
Been years since I've been there ,taking the 'crew' my kids will love the water!!!
The Marine is going to drink me to death I fear,shit he's still a kid and can go ALL day,But I'll give anything a try.I got his phone # on base so i can call him after the 16 hours it's going to take us to get there. It will be worth it though,Spanky...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Innavation

Forum Member
Oct 15, 2001
Never is a long time!!!
Hate to sound like a cliche but "never say never""---i do believe there is good value in tonights game--Hernandez will be great--maybe better than Clemens!!!

BearDownAZ

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 24, 2001
Tucson, AZ, USA
Innavation,

If you read my entire post, then you'd see that I say there is some value in going against Schilling tonight. . . for obvious reasons, I won't ever bet against my own teams, but I do see the argument in this instance. . .

Innavation

Forum Member
Oct 15, 2001
What abut getting the Yanks on the Run--line +1.5-- I know your a die--hard fan but--look at this objectively!!! If you play the under--and Schilling pithes great than---it is a good chance the under will come in!! If he pitches bad--than the you will allow yourself to be backed up with the Yanks!!! I really believe that Hernadez pitches a gem tonight!!! this has a 1 run game written all over it!!!

BearDownAZ

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 24, 2001
Tucson, AZ, USA
Yeah, somebody was saying in another topic that the under might be the best bet tonight and I have to agree with that. . . Yankees haven't proven that they can hit at all off the AZ pitchers and I don't see the DBacks exploding for another 4 or 9 runs like they did the first two games. . .

BearDownAZ

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 24, 2001
Tucson, AZ, USA
It almost seems to me that you might be in favor of going for a middle tonight: DBacks ML and Yankees run line. . . I realize that you believe the Yankees will win, but if Schilling pitches a good game, then a one run game is a huge possibility and an AZ win is certainly plausible.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

shamrock

Forum Member
Aug 12, 2001
Boston, MA
someone please tell me what Hernandez has done THIS SEASON, to even be considered in this spot. Look at the #. Look how he has pitched in his own Park this season.
Schilling!! -the small juice

Phinsfan

Forum Member
Jan 24, 2000
Auburn, Al
I think one thing that is being looked over is the value you are getting with Schilling at -125. He is on fire and is probaly one the fiercest competitors in baseball. If he was only -125 in any other situation then everyone in America would be on him. It is worth a shot especially as bad as the Yankee bats have looked.

------------------
Crazier shit has happened!!!