My Quarterback rankings

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

mojo risin

Forum Member
Sep 3, 2000
top o the world, MA
I'll be rating all the elements of the teams, hopefully, if I can get some feedback to help me adjust them better. Of course, things change as pre's wears on, so these aren't final #'s.

In this rating the qb has to show the usual stats, but i also put extra weight on int's and leadership, he can also gain a extra respect if he can scramble, and more if he can run. The extra running dimension can really help a team, and looks like the new ultimate profile for a qb.

1st colts. Manning the qb of the era.
2 eagles. Seems high but Mcnabb showed all the stuff, including their whole running game.
3 Pakers. Farve reeled in his ints last year, but still has noone to throw to. Can Bubba Franks catch? Best leadership.
4 Niners. Never thought I'd say it, but Garcia is excellent, and ran for big yardage last year to boot.
5 Broncos. When healthy griese is so smooth, incredibly low td/int ratio. Needs more strength.
6 raidas. Getting old but Gannon one gritty sob.
7 Vikes. Whats the rocket armed 270 full back/qb going to do next? The penultimate new breed. Culpepper, should be some kind of food.
8 Rams. Warners ints up last year, and not much of a history to depend on. Can't scramble, can't run, that great oline and wr/rb sure made him look good. # could be dropping soon, but completed 67% of his passes last year, phenominal.
9 Jags. Brunell another one with flaws, can't run, poor judgement, but still a fine one.
10 pats. Used to hate this pussy bledsoe, but last year when he was taking all the sacks, and running with the ball cause he had no rb, at the same time throwing the lowest ints of his career with no wr. Well, what's not to like? Could be moving up a couple more #s.
11 giants. Based more on what collins is gonna do than what he's done. After withstanding the fires of his youth, and the blaze of the ravens sb defense, the future is bright indeed.
12 Bucs. Brad ain't bad, not a savior, but good arm, getting to the tail end of it.
13 Saints. Brooks, Blake, they both played great and bring different things to the table, blake the long arm and brooks the scrambler playmaker, but potential to move down.
14 raven. Maybe Grbac is better than this #, his ratings put him 8th in the league. Ready to move him up if he shows me some leadership.
15 titans. he can run some, and he can throw some, but still very innacurate downfield, and slow reader. not air mcnair in my book. poor td/int ratio.
16 bills. By the stats Johnson is average, by the intangables, this # could plunge.
17 Chiefs. Didn't think green looked especially thrilling in his games last year, but could easily move ahead a few spaces.
18 Browns. A reach for me but one thing I really like about couch that shows me he is maturing and will be great, is his high competion %, at 63.7, he's 3rd in the league.
19 Phins. Had the fiddler rated a lot lower til I saw him in pre's, he's got the off season training going and the arm is back. Great judgement and leadership
20 skins. A rocket arm, but the poorest leadership skills.
21 Chargers. Flutie has some big problems, most of which is he's losing his arm, if he shows he's losing his foot speed he's done, because besides his excellent playmaking/leadership, his running ability is best in the league. Can he keep it up at 38?
22 Jets. Vinnie is getting old and without the parcells influence his ints were way up last year (back to normal). Reminding me of Marino after his achilles.
23 Lions. Batch is solid when healthy, and was on big offseason conditioning program.
24 Falcons. Old, lazy, injured, and bad attitude, supposedly rededicated in offseason, but wait til that oline gives him another concussion or 2. Chandler should retire.
25 Bears. Surely I must be off here. Mathews made the starter, and Miller still in the fight as his hammy gets better, while Mcnown hasn't hit the wr's in stride. This # could drop if a poor pre's dogfight develops.
26 Steelers. how did he get so highly rated (look below)? If pre-s keeps going to form, it may be another qb I'm rating.
27 seahawks. This # could rise ALOT, as Hasselbeck has torn up some preseasons. Lets see how he does with the first stringers.
28. Cardinals. Plummer needs an oline, got one, a running game, got one, healthy wrs, got some, and some confidence back, getting some, or will wind up like the majic man Don Majikowski (how about that one from the nfl highlight reel?).
29. Panthers. Cause I'm running out of #'s. Weinke may start, but doubtful, Lewis the man for now.
30 Bengals. Akili Smith keeps getting the support of management over Kitna. My feel is he shouldn't be in uniform, and testament to the terrible front office of the bengals.
31 Cowboys. Why last? Banks released yesterday, but quincy Carter is hot (yea sure). Even aikman and manning had gut rocking poor first 8 games.

He Hate Me

Forum Member
Feb 21, 2001
Seal Beach,Ca
Flutie is not losing his arm,his ball is behaving very well in the air,I can tell you first hand because I have been to sevral practices at UCSD.Also he wont be losing his quickness or footspeed anytime soon,because he is the hardest working athlete in the leauge.
The NFL is pretty sad shape if PManning is the qb of an ERA,anytime in his life he completely disappers in a big game,he has been overrated since he was 16yrs old,he has the best weapons in football and still managed to throw 58 interceptions the last 3years.Put him on an offense like AZ,or CIn and he wouldnt do jacksquat and get sacked more than Rob Johnson.

mojo risin

Forum Member
Sep 3, 2000
top o the world, MA
Thank you for your comments regarding flutie, would expect a strong start from him this year, but the nicks and dings effect the old guys the worst. Relative to the other qb's do you think my current rating fair?

As for manning, he was able to tie culpepper for most td's last year, and palces in top 3 in all the other stats. The only 2 guys who beat him had far superior wr's and offenses as a whole, rams and vikes. His td/int ratio was better than 2-1 last year, and although he set a record in the first 8 games of his rookie year for ints, he then went on to set a record for rookies with td's in the 2nd half. Haven't seen any sign of the leadership void you mention.

Can't agree with your assessment of his receiving weapons, Harrison was getting triple teamed last year for a reason. Colts seem to agree by drafting a 1st round wr. This year looks like a significant upgrade.

Please note, my rankings while based on past years performance, are predictive in nature, meaning the youth of manning, couch and collins should mature, while the age of flutie, gannon, and testaverde is reaching a downside that will become evident this season.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

He Hate Me

Forum Member
Feb 21, 2001
Seal Beach,Ca
I dont like Griese,I think its pretty easy to run that team.
People only age if they do not keep up,Marino,Elway,Beurelein have to retire because they drink beer and ride a golf cart all spring.Flutie plays hoops against College players and does triathalons,also soccer,lacrosse,hockey,runs 3miles 200 situps,pushups.If he wanted to play wr he would be the best go-down wr in NFL.

He Hate Me

Forum Member
Feb 21, 2001
Seal Beach,Ca
Originally posted by He Hate Me:
Flutie is not losing his arm,his ball is behaving very well in the air,I can tell you first hand because I have been to sevral practices at UCSD.Also he wont be losing his quickness or footspeed anytime soon,because he is the hardest working athlete in the leauge.
The NFL is pretty sad shape if PManning is the qb of an ERA,anytime in his life he completely disappers in a big game,he has been overrated since he was 16yrs old,he has the best weapons in football and still managed to throw 58 interceptions the last 3years.Put him on an offense like AZ,or CIn and he wouldnt do jacksquat and get sacked more than Rob Johnson.

Peyton as you saw Sunday is vulnerable to the int,he has 7ints in 3games,on pace for over 30 which he has done in the past.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

He Hate Me

Forum Member
Feb 21, 2001
Seal Beach,Ca
Originally posted by dr. freeze:
this is a gambling forum.....

Im very aware its a gambling forum,I have not missed a day of gambling in 24yrs and Im only 34 yrs old.I am trying to reprogram any human that gets brainwashed by the pathetic kiss ass American Media that trys to create their heros.Peyton Manning got every possible break from the refs last night and it still was not enough,you might want Peyton to marry your daughter but I do not want this overrated piece of crap to Qb your football team,especially if the other team has a defense worth a rats ass.

People that think Peyton is good suck up to Suzy Kolber and Ron Jaworski,who the hell hires these pieces of human garbage.

4tds to the other team.

dr. freeze

BIG12 KING
Forum Member
Aug 25, 2001
Mansion
i know......i didn't post that to you...it was to the inventor of this thread.....the qb rankings here have nothing to do with gambling......

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

volfan

Elephant Hunter
Forum Member
Jul 18, 1999
BIG ORANGE LAND!!
mojo is just trying to help.
The guy is a very sharp capper. He has some very valid points.
QB ratings do play in some capping formulas.

------------------
Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered,
Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.
Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win.
Zhuge Liang
talent for absorbing positive knowledge.

Albert Einstein

mojo risin

Forum Member
Sep 3, 2000
top o the world, MA
Dr. Freeze-

You live in a box. Your bookie likes you there. He knows just where to find the money.

HEHATE-

As much as the media hypes, they have nothing to do with my rankings. As I explained above, the status of Manning was derived from his top position in all the important stats. Nothing to do with media or college.

His recent troubles have dropped him a bit in my ratings, while, you will be glad to hear, Flutie has risen. However, will be watching closely as the year progresses. Flutie should drop as he wears down, and Manning should recover.

VOL-

Thanks for the kudos old friend. Its guys like these that have me retired from the public forums.

Do you have an e-mail?

Time of the year for e+e!!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg