Napoleon (2023)

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Saw this yesterday. I liked it but didn't love it. RottenTomatoes.com score ~ 62%.......seems about right.

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Saw this yesterday. I liked it but didn't love it. RottenTomatoes.com score ~ 62%.......seems about right.

I was thinking about watching this flick, maybe I'll go, maybe I won't. I did find it rather amusing that Napoleon speaks English almost the entire time, that ain't right 🤦‍♂️

I also read that the film is like well how you say, NOT ACCURATE. I mean I get you gotta take liberties and such. But from what I read almost the entire flick is bullshit when it comes to historical accuracy.

But hey as long as you are entertained I guess it is worth watching, although your 62/100 rating isn't exactly an awesome review.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY
we were just talking about this movie yesterday. drives my gf nuts because i'd rather watch a documentary. usually the truth is more interesting than whatever "liberties" the writers take. there's a reason you're making a movie about that subject, and it's not because it's boring.

like the scene where the opposing army is lured onto a snow-covered lake, and then the bombardment drops them into the water. genius!! but i want to know if that really happened.

rocky mountain

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2005
I was thinking about watching this flick, maybe I'll go, maybe I won't. I did find it rather amusing that Napoleon speaks English almost the entire time, that ain't right 🤦‍♂️

I also read that the film is like well how you say, NOT ACCURATE. I mean I get you gotta take liberties and such. But from what I read almost the entire flick is bullshit when it comes to historical accuracy.

But hey as long as you are entertained I guess it is worth watching, although your 62/100 rating isn't exactly an awesome review.
Canada and Denmark were in a little known brutal 50 year war. Maybe they can make the next big movie about this historical battle! https://blog.byjus.com/knowledge-vi...d-denmarks-battle-for-a-rock-in-the-atlantic/

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX
I would like to see it, my gf already commented about it being 2 hours and 40 minutes long, so we may watch when it comes out on streaming

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

shamrock

Forum Member
Aug 12, 2001
Boston, MA
I was really looking forward to this, as most movies it seems these days aren't great, mostly animated or Marvel, but was pretty disappointed. If entertaining… 2 hours and 40 minutes no problem, but this film really dragged. Really expected more out of Ridley Scott.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
Bet on MyBookie