Navy vs. Notre Dame

spinn

Forum Member
Oct 29, 2003
hiya,, anyone know why Notre Dame are the under dogs this week,,, Navy's have a better record than them and should easily beat Notre Dame,,, did the Navy's lose there starring quarterback or sumthing,,,

i'm thinking of puttin my money on the Navy's unless something happened to them,,,

any help/info will be appreciated

Mick Onofrio

Forum Member
Sep 4, 2003
Connecticut
Hey Spinn,

Hey Spinn,

Notre Dame is an 8 Point Favorite at home versus Navy. I don't know where you are finding Navy giving points because you should be getting 8 if you like Navy.

cooz3

Forum Member
Mar 2, 2002
boston
SPINN ..

CHECK OUT GARDENWEASELS THREAD .."2 TO START"

SOME NICE PERSPECTIVES ON THAT GAME IN THERE..

GOOD LUCK ...

COOZ

spinn

Forum Member
Oct 29, 2003

oh no,,,what i meant was,,, for the moneyline for Navy (6-3) is +280,, and Notre Dame (2-6) is -340,,, and the Navy team is a better team to win,,, so why is it a better pay-out for the Navy's when they are expected to beat Notre Dame,, unless something happened to there players which I haven't heard about yet,,

lotsoffun100100

Forum Member
Aug 28, 2003
Just a little intersting tidbit...Navy away from home is 43-18 ATS. I had them when they played rice a few week ago and they won by 25 or so. Navy is also 6-1 against the spread this year.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
i have to say

i have to say

that notre dame is knee deep in parade all americans....navy has nowhere near the caliber of athlete..as a matter of fact,navy is probably far and away the worst team on notre dame`s schedule... ..n.d. could absolutely blow navy away.....

i was leaning toward navy because of motivation,momentum,mental and 40 years of frustration......this is a super bowl of sorts for the middies...and the 10 points was well worth the look vs a notre dame team that doesn`t really have a "blow `em out" style of offense...

kind of an "inertia" play.... hoping that things in motion in different directions tend to stay in motion(navy on the uptick and n.d. not-hopefully).....

no bag shot....actually,i see a lot of touts on notre dame...a blowout is a real possibility..if notre dame starts fast,they may take a year`s worth of frustration out on navy.....remember the rutgers game.....

and this game has dipped to 8....that`s a very bad sign...

i listed this game first but it`s probably only gonna be a medium play...

Last edited:

Buzz456

Forum Member
Aug 26, 2003
I think that fact that Notre Dame has not lost to Navy in the last 40 years says it all....

spinn

Forum Member
Oct 29, 2003
Buzz456 said:
I think that fact that Notre Dame has not lost to Navy in the last 40 years says it all....

oh ok,,, didn't know that,,, i'm new to this so that info explains why then,,,, but anything can happen though,,, overall I think that Navy could probably make a comeback this saturday though,,, since they do have a way better record,,, but we won't for for sure until this sat.,,, guess I should probably stay away from betting on this game then

c20916

Slacker
Forum Member
Aug 19, 2000
St. Charles, IL
spin, while I am no means someone to suggest how to handicap games, but I hope you are doing more than just looking at records when you are deciding who to bet on. You said you're new to this, and there's a lot of info in here to help you make your decisions, so GL at the window.

CapperChris

Forum Member
Mar 19, 2003
Trends point to Navy, but Notre Dame strength of schedule and my gut tell me otherwise...seven of Notre Dame's eight opponents are currently ranked in the Top 25....but...

Navy 29-13 ATS vs. teams with losing records since 1992...3-0 ATS so far this year...

Navy after 1 or more SU wins...25-12 ATS since '92 and 3-1 ATS this year...

Navy as a road dog since '92...30-11 ATS...7-2 ATS last three yeras and 2-0 ATS this year...

Navy is on a 8-2 ATS vs. Notre Dame...5-0 ATS at Notre Dame...

Navy has the best rushing attack right now, but Notre Dame has a tough defense that is allowing an average of just 121 rushing yards per game.

I'll most likely PASS.

ND2002HORNS

Forum Member
Great points by everyone in here. Like many of you have said, athlete wise ND should dominate but we all know how every team brings their best game against ND. If ND can run for 300 yds. against Pitt there is on reason they can't do it against Navy. ND should dominate the line of scrimmage. If Quinn hits 60% of his passes ND wins big as this will open up their running game even more. All that being said, the Irish have been so inconsistent this year that it is a pass for me.

HORNS:D

TonyTT

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2002
Ohio
CapperChris,
I'm like you...passing on this one, even though I believe N Dame covers the number. I just see about 7 or 8 other games I'd rather be on.
gl guys,
TT

kenman

Forum Member
Aug 17, 2002
East Coast
Another motivation for Navy is they only need 1 more win to be bowl eligibility and a win over Notre Dame would solitify them a higher rank bowl game maybe??? :shrug:

NY Reb

Forum Member
Sep 3, 2002
Upstate New York
I'd be on Navy in a horse's wink if ND had enjoyed any kind of successful season, where this would normally be a letdown game for them. As it is, I'm afraid the Irish will take them seriously for once, and get their chance for a win while they've got one.

CapperChris

Forum Member
Mar 19, 2003
TT,

At this point, I agree with you. Too many other games that look more promising. It's only Wednesday, so if I uncover anything substantial I'll post it.

Bet on MyBookie