nba 12/11

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

alienx

Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
Tampa FL USA
Are you using a system for your picks? You have a decent record w/ o-u. GSP, is another capper that is pretty acurate w/ his o-u picks. Wondering if you guys have similar angles.

Marmalade

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2000
Shadow of the Camp
Use recent stats & trends combined with some situational systems... back to back, 3rd game in 4 nights, 4th in 5, home after road trip, x # days rest, etc.

I will hit good & bad streaks, so I kinda make adjustments as i go along (Especially during a bad streak, i want to know WHY i'm losing).

Hope this answers your question and above all, GoodLuck!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gsp

Forum Member
May 26, 2000
My early slants show both Hou and Chi under. Den line looks real close to me.

alienx

Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
Tampa FL USA
Thanks for the reply.
About the situational plays, what is your opinion if the teams (or one of the teams) plays prev night and and ttravels would that make you lean to over or under?
About the 4 games in 5 nights situatation, Would you think that the teams will play poor defense due to traveling and fatigue, or poor shooting for same reasons?

One think I have seen so far and made some bucks is when the teams are playing each other next night. For some reason it goes over. Doono why but it has been consistant so far. Even the Orl-Atl game went over after they had a over 220 first game. I was afraid b/c I thought they will be defense oriented.

Marmalade

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2000
Shadow of the Camp
I think the fatigue factor has more of an effect on a team's strength, whether it be on the offensive end or on defense.

Also, rather than looking at a team's recent absolute numbers, i tend to focus on how far off the posted line they are (did that make sense?, i know what i was trying to say, saying it is something else).

Throw another at you... road vs. home games. Teams get into stretches where they're playing under on road / over at home and vice versa.

It all adds up to a lot of tinkering and adjusting.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gsp

Forum Member
May 26, 2000
I find that the number of days they will be playing effects their scoring. On a trip over three days, teams seem to pace themselves and score a little below their ave. On a long road trip the teams that depend on outside shooting suffer. The legs are first to go and so goes the jump shot. They also bring the ball up court a little slower. They will try to compensate with good d but usually that's also gone by the fourth. On a three day tour, I find that if they score a lot the first night then they will drop off considerably the second night and visa vera. Play slow the first night and faster the next. A lot of one day games have a tendency to go over. On back to back, they are very seldom the same both nights. Usually a different total or different winner but not both. That's the way it looks to me with the limited research I've done but I do take these into account when figuring totals. Good luck