NBA Computer Plays....

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

RobertBIrish

Forum Member
Feb 8, 2001
Newberry, Florida
This is the inaugural NBA run so don't take anything serious until we see results!

Sides
Cleveland +2
Indiana +3.5
Toronto +3.5
Philadelphia +9
Detroit +9.5
Houston -4.5
LA Clippers +10
Denver +10
Sacramento -7.5
Portland +7.5

Totals
Wash/NYK Over 177
Det/Dal Under 202.5
LAC/SA Over 180
Milw/Utah Over 187
Sea/Sacr Under 200
Port/LAL Over 191

jordan23

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2001
Hi RobertBIrish,

I have been following your computer plays and they look great. I am also a big computer guy. Was wondering if it would be at all possible for me to get a copy of the program to check it out. I have a couple of programs I am trying to perfect also. The help would be greatly appreciated. If you want get my email from MadJack. Thanks

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

RobertBIrish

Forum Member
Feb 8, 2001
Newberry, Florida
Well hope you don't get mad because it is nothing personal but I have a whole lot of money tied up in it and I am going to keep it to myself I have the only copies and I am going to keep it that way if you have any questions about it I would be very glad to answer what I can.

[This message has been edited by RobertBIrish (edited 10-30-2001).]

TEXAS

Forum Member
Nov 14, 2000
Longview, TX, USA
I've watched your success with the computer football picks. Great job! I have a question. When it spits out the picks, are you placing every single one, or are you narrowing it down to fewer plays? Basketball is my stronger area, so I will have more to say in this forum than football, where I am much more of a reader than a poster. Since you are obviously killing them so far this season I justed wanted to see if you made any analysis beyond what the computer picks. Thanks. I'll be checking out your progress, and good luck!

RobertBIrish

Forum Member
Feb 8, 2001
Newberry, Florida
Well I actually cap the games myself and I conflict with it often what I do then is pass on that game and I play the games we agree on. It has worked out well so far it has actually pulled me off a few games I would have otherwise played and lost on.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

TEXAS

Forum Member
Nov 14, 2000
Longview, TX, USA
Here are my initial thoughts after a brief and limited handicap. But I will not play all of these. More than likely, I will narrow them to a maximum of 4 plays.

501 Boston -2 against Cleveland

507 Toronto +4 against Orlando

507 Toronto/Orlando over 195.5

513 Atlanta/Houston over 191

514 Houston -4.5 against Atlanta

517 Denver +10.5 against Phoenix

519 Milwaukee +3.5 against Utah

524 Lakers -7 against Portland

I think Houston and Boston are particularly strong plays, but take that with a grain of salt, as this is the 1st game of the season.

inside edge

Forum Member
Apr 17, 2001
I guess for the first game the program makes predictions from last years data!!!!

I am using WinPics and I am getting strong picks on Knicks -5 Toronto +4 and Rockets-5
Good luck

TORONTO-VIGILANTE

ad interim...
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
"...Quo fas et gloria ducunt..."
gonna be looking closely at these results...

biggrin.gif

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

theGibber1

Forum Member
Aug 27, 2001
Dallas TX
this program is UNREAL with football!!!! do you expect the same results w/ NBA?

The reason i ask is that it seems w/ the NBA emmotion plays a big part. they play so many damn games, that it seems most teams only give 100 % about 60% of the time.

while im at it, id like to tell you what a fantastic job youve been doing lately!!!

keep up the great work!
thanks

RobertBIrish

Forum Member
Feb 8, 2001
Newberry, Florida
Well I always expect the best LOL. i use the program as follows I run the numbers then start eliminating down the line injuries,motivation so on so forth I don't follow it blindly but it looks like you could on the NFL program LOL. Like I said let's see what it brings about!

lucky2U

Forum Member
Aug 19, 2001
PORTLAND,OR,USA
ROBERT B IRISH
I TOO HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING YOUR COMPUTER PICKS. I KNEW I WANTED TO MAKE CONTACT WITH YOU, BUT I DIDN'T KNOW WHEN THE TIME WOULD BE APPROPRIATE FOR THIS.
I TOO AM DEVELOPING SOFTWARE. YOU OBVIOUSLY ARE FURTHER ALONG THAN I. I HAVE NCAA FOOTBALL PICKS, BUT IT'S NOT QUITE TO MY LIKING AT THIS TIME (41-29 FOR THE YEAR),
I AM NOT PLEASED WITH 58%. I THINK I'M 2 WEEKS AWAY FROM COMPLETING MY NFL PROGRAM, AND MY NEXT PROJECT WILL BE COLLEGE HOOPS.
IT AMAZES ME THAT JORDAN 23 WOULD EVEN ASK FOR A COPY OF YOUR PROGRAM. IF HE'S A COMPUTER GUY, AS HE CLAIMS TO BE, THEN HE REALIZES, IN MY CASE, THE THOUSANDS OF MAN HOURS (3YRS) TO DEVELOP SOFTWARE THAT MAKES YOU MONEY.
IN TIME, I HOPE WE'RE ABLE TO SHARE IDEA'S ABOUT ALGORYTHMS, AND OTHER THEORETICAL ASPECTS OF SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT.
I ALWAYS LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR POSTS.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

RobertBIrish

Forum Member
Feb 8, 2001
Newberry, Florida
Not bad for the first round I expected about this much really need about a week, week and a half to get stats for this year to get sides on track but totals get out of the gate great.

Sides 3-6-1

Totals 5-1

Combined 8-7-1

TEXAS

Forum Member
Nov 14, 2000
Longview, TX, USA
I can't believe you guys. I leave the forum for a few months, come back with a first night outing 6-2 record, and no one even notices. My feelings are hurt.

TEXAS

Forum Member
Nov 14, 2000
Longview, TX, USA
Just like I tell my wife. I'm a lot nicer of a person when I'm appreciated. Unfortunately, she still can't comprehend what I'm saying. LOL

Working on tonights games right now. Sure would be nice to come out of the gate with a couple winning days in a row.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg