NBA - Friday 11/15

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Heyward

Forum Member
May 12, 2002
NC
Been too busy at work to keep up with my record, but as I recall, I was pretty even in wins and losses. Here's what I've got tonight:

DEN +7.5 : Even getting Davis back, I think this is too much to expect from the Raptors, who are still missing some key components to their team (Carter, Murray). I really don't expect Jerome Williams to ever put up another 30-point game. The Nuggets are 2-0 ATS on the road, whipping the Blazers by 17 and losing to the Timberwolves in Minnesota where they are very tough by only 6 points.

IND -4 : I had Indiana by about 7 in this game. Sure, the Bucks have some great shooters, but I don't think you can count on that every game without anything inside to balance your offense. The Bucks almost lost to the Bulls the other night after blowing a 25-point lead. Pacers have too much inside for the Bucks to defend, and speaking of defense, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ron Artest in Ray Allen's face all night.

MIN -3 : Maybe somebody is hurt that I don't know about, but if not, this appears an extreme over-reaction to the coaching switch in Memphis. Hubie may bring about some positive change eventually, but this is the first game after he hired just a few days ago. I think it will take more than that for the players to adjust to his system. Also, in a crash course attempt to do just that, the Grizzlies held 2 a day practices Wednesday and Thursday, so there's a chance that these kids will be a little tired. Add in that Swift is questionable tonight and I see the T-Wolves cover easily (which doesn't happen often for them on the road).

DAL -2 : Mavs just have too much firepower for the Celtics, and proved it last year taking both games ATS. Celtics have been playing way over their heads recently, but can't matchup with Dallas like they have vs. some of the Eastern Conference teams. Who's going to chase Dirk around? Vin Baker? I think not. As little defense as we usually see from Dallas, Najera et al should be able to defend Pierce and Walker just well enough to cover this spread. Most importantly, when the Celts traded Kenny Anderson last year, they gave up any hope of competing at the point with someone as skilled as Nash. Boston's 3-pointers should keep this game relatively close, but the Mavs are easily more than 2 points better tonight.

MIA +7 : I originally had big plans to fade Miami routinely this year, but they are really playing hard for Coach Riley, despite their many shortcomings. The blowout loss to the Clips was bad, but in their 3 previous games at home, they beat the Kings by 10, lost to the Pacers by 4, and Seattle by 2. The way the Nets have played on the road, there's no reason to think they will fare better than those teams. In their last 2 road games, the Nets lost to the Bucks by 6 and then the Bulls (yes, the Bulls) by 7. They appear to lose their focus on the road, and with a big game against Dallas tomorrow night, I expect more of the same. The Nets will find a way to win, but I still think the value lies with the Heat.

Good luck everybody.:shrug: