NBA - Monday 12/16

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Heyward

Forum Member
May 12, 2002
NC
Don't get in here as much as I would like (I think I was 2-1 last week) as I've been spending the little time I have mostly on college hoops (12-8 last week), but there are several pro games I like tonight and here they are:

CLE +5 : Cavs are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 home games (appears to be since Wagner starting playing), with the only loss being an overtime loss to Milwaukee which they actually did cover if you only count regulation time. They are fortunate to be catching the Sonics on their 5th road game in a row, and I think Seattle will be happy with a small win tonight if they can get it.

MEM -3.5 : Memphis is healthy for the most part (Dickerson still out, but that's no different from the rest of the year) and on a good ATS streak at home (5-2 last 7) and have won their last 3 home games straight up. Golden State is having a miserable road trip, currently 0-2, during which they have lost to the Magic by 26 pts and then the lowly Heat by 9. Grizzlies seem to be putting it together somewhat and they should take the opportunity kick a frustrated Warriors team while they are down tonight. Also, I think there's revenge here in Memphis' favor tonight.

BOS -5 : Celtics are still pissed off about that home loss to the Bulls at the beginning of the season, beating them by double digits in both matchups since. I could ramble on, but, come on, it's the Bulls.

LAC +4 : OK, if nobody else will say it, I will. The Spurs are not a very good team. They are 10-13 ATS and 2-7 ATS on the road. They have only won 3 road games all year, and those were against the Lakers without Shaq, the Grizzlies in OT, and the Cavs. They have lost road games to the Warriors and Nuggets already. I don't know what's wrong, but they are bad on the road. Olowokandi and Andre Miller back on the court, Elton Brand still a stud. Clips have won their last 4 home games ATS including games vs. the Nets, Pacers, and Timberwolves. LA should win straight up, but I'll take the points just to be safe.

Good luck. :shrug: