NBA TUE

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Happy Hippo

Registered
Forum Member
Mar 2, 2006
Good luck tonight.

How do you feel about the departure of Skiles? Good move for the Bucks?

stockjockey

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 29, 2011
Milwaukee, WI
Good luck tonight.

How do you feel about the departure of Skiles? Good move for the Bucks?

Skiles was in the last year of his contract. He didn't want to come back for this season and was hoping the Bucks would write him a check, but the owner Senator Herb Kohl wouldn't let him go. He actually had his home for sale at the end of last season here in the Milwaukee suburbs. Skiles could never get the players to buy into his defensive system and we don't have the personnel to run his defense. He hasn't made too many good decisions on playing time by sitting Dalembert and Gooden. I hope the new interim coach Jim Boyland let's them play the style they truly should be playing and that's a more transition based, push the ball with Jennings and Montae, and have lots of three point shooters. If there is any silver lining in Skiles time here, he did develop Larry Sanders into a beast on defense. Leads the league in blocks and brings a lot of energy to that side. Hoping this change brings more enthusiasm and we should make the playoffs and god willing a division title with Rose out for the Bulls in our division.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Happy Hippo

Registered
Forum Member
Mar 2, 2006
Skiles was in the last year of his contract. He didn't want to come back for this season and was hoping the Bucks would write him a check, but the owner Senator Herb Kohl wouldn't let him go. He actually had his home for sale at the end of last season here in the Milwaukee suburbs. Skiles could never get the players to buy into his defensive system and we don't have the personnel to run his defense. He hasn't made too many good decisions on playing time by sitting Dalembert and Gooden. I hope the new interim coach Jim Boyland let's them play the style they truly should be playing and that's a more transition based, push the ball with Jennings and Montae, and have lots of three point shooters. If there is any silver lining in Skiles time here, he did develop Larry Sanders into a beast on defense. Leads the league in blocks and brings a lot of energy to that side. Hoping this change brings more enthusiasm and we should make the playoffs and god willing a division title with Rose out for the Bulls in our division.

Good stuff - I had no idea. Hopefully they find someone that fits the players a lot better. Monta Ellis was great with the Warriors when they pushed the pace, and I would think that Jennings would fit in well with that type of style too.

Thanks!