NBA TUESDAY 120109-Early Thoughts and Value Hunting

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

40seven

Forum Member
Mar 18, 2009
Va Beach
WOW, I should have bought the hook!

Tonight is very interesting to me.

Boston at -3 1/2 looks like a trap, but it is not.

The C's will not overlook the Bob's! The better team will win and will win easy!

Do not over think this fellas.

BOLTA, more later

BillyBatts

IlliniBill
Forum Member
Mar 31, 2009
Illinois
Leans

Leans

Won my only NBA game last night with G. State.

Leans for tonight
Charllote +4 and over 179.5----these guys are covering machines at home and score alot more points than on the road. Before last game the Celts didn't cover for about 2 weeks it seemed.

Suns -7

Golden St +14

MiamiPort under 185.5

Thoughts?:00x32

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BillyBatts

IlliniBill
Forum Member
Mar 31, 2009
Illinois
Won my only NBA game last night with G. State.

Leans for tonight
Charllote +4 and over 179.5----these guys are covering machines at home and score alot more points than on the road. Before last game the Celts didn't cover for about 2 weeks it seemed.

Suns -7

Golden St +14

MiamiPort under 185.5

Thoughts?:00x32

Bobcats are 10-1 ATS in their last 11 games following a SU win of more than 10 points

Bobcats are 21-8 ATS in their last 29 home games

Celtics are 3-9 ATS in their last 12 games overall

Celtics are 6-15-1 ATS in their last 22 games vs. a team with a losing S.U. record.:shrug:

Slicer

Forum Member
Mar 18, 2009
North Carolina
NCAA GEM OF THE DAY: 8-3 YTD

Week 1 (5-2)
Week 2 (3-1)

Tuesday's NCAA GEM OF THE DAY:

Virginia Tech -2.5 @ Iowa

I struggled with today's pick, as I've pretty much pegged Mich State to beat UNC since the beginning of the season, but after the Florida game and all the turnovers, combined with all the turnovers by UNC I decided to lay off Mich State for 2 reasons:

1) Carolina size advantage in the paint (Hanson, Wear, Thompson, Zeller, Ed Davis) gives UNC 5 big bodies inside. Adding Ginyard as a defensive gem play to stop Summers from pouring in 20+, could make this a tight game.

2) The pressure of the Big 10 to win this challenge combined with the public pounding of Mich State at +3/+2 and now at +1.5 in some places. Mich State has been quoted in the press this is the game they have been looking at since the season started. Carolina dished them a heavy loss @ Ford Field last year in the big 10 challenge and then ROFLSTOMPED them in the National Championship game. All the pressure resides on them to right the wrongs of last year. The crowd will be ruckus and as much of a UNC born fan I can't pull the trigger against them @ home even when I feel they may lose outright, they may show up tonight and eek 1 out, so I went looking for another game.

Vtech heads to "the barn" tonight to play an Iowa team that literally lives/dies by the 3 ball. 41-of-154 (27 percent) from long distance in 6 games an average of (25.6 attempts per game). Tech's defense against the 3 has been solid this year, holding teams under 21-of-71, 29.5 percent.

I believe the speed and pace of Vtech pushing the ball up and down with Malcolm Delaney will be the difference tonight as Iowa continues their struggles on the floor.

Side note: Iowa is letting students in free tonight, seems that only 8,400 have been showing up to the games lately and only a small fraction of them students, so expecting a little larger crowd tonight with some ticket giveaways, but nothing like Big 10 season attendance and certainly won't affect a team like Vtech who plays in a ton more opposing courts that are more difficult environments than Iowa.

NBA: I have to side with the Boston -4play here for a couple reasons: The bobcats are the bobcats and Boston knows the Bobcats come to play against Boston, Boston tired of fucking around with these guys, concentrated effort tonight from the C-men.

Last edited:

axp59

Jarhead
Forum Member
Oct 8, 2008
Taxachusetts
No comment on the C's :)

I'm going with an early Under play tonight for 1U. BOLTA

[702] TOTAL u213?-110
(WASHINGTON vrs TORONTO)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kaliballa15

Forum Member
Apr 3, 2009
NCAA GEM OF THE DAY: 8-3 YTD

Week 1 (5-2)
Week 2 (3-1)

Tuesday's NCAA GEM OF THE DAY:

Virginia Tech -2.5 @ Iowa

I struggled with today's pick, as I've pretty much pegged Mich State to beat UNC since the beginning of the season, but after the Florida game and all the turnovers, combined with all the turnovers by UNC I decided to lay off Mich State for 2 reasons:

1) Carolina size advantage in the paint (Hanson, Wear, Thompson, Zeller, Ed Davis) gives UNC 5 big bodies inside. Adding Ginyard as a defensive gem play to stop Summers from pouring in 20+, could make this a tight game.

2) The pressure of the Big 10 to win this challenge combined with the public pounding of Mich State at +3/+2 and now at +1.5 in some places. Mich State has been quoted in the press this is the game they have been looking at since the season started. Carolina dished them a heavy loss @ Ford Field last year in the big 10 challenge and then ROFLSTOMPED them in the National Championship game. All the pressure resides on them to right the wrongs of last year. The crowd will be ruckus and as much of a UNC born fan I can't pull the trigger against them @ home even when I feel they may lose outright, they may show up tonight and eek 1 out, so I went looking for another game.

Vtech heads to "the barn" tonight to play an Iowa team that literally lives/dies by the 3 ball. 41-of-154 (27 percent) from long distance in 6 games an average of (25.6 attempts per game). Tech's defense against the 3 has been solid this year, holding teams under 21-of-71, 29.5 percent.

I believe the speed and pace of Vtech pushing the ball up and down with Malcolm Delaney will be the difference tonight as Iowa continues their struggles on the floor.

Side note: Iowa is letting students in free tonight, seems that only 8,400 have been showing up to the games lately and only a small fraction of them students, so expecting a little larger crowd tonight with some ticket giveaways, but nothing like Big 10 season attendance and certainly won't affect a team like Vtech who plays in a ton more opposing courts that are more difficult environments than Iowa.

NBA: I have to side with the Boston -4play here for a couple reasons: The bobcats are the bobcats and Boston knows the Bobcats come to play against Boston, Boston tired of fucking around with these guys, concentrated effort tonight from the C-men.

With you on the Boston pick! The Celtics know the Bobcats have won 4 in a row and I expect them to bring them back to reality. Call me a square, but I'll lay the 3.5 with who I feel is clearly the superior team. :toast:

FWIW: Also have a play on Michigan State. Believe that the revenge factor is huge here and I don't think this young Carolina team is on par with the Spartans just yet.

BOL

kaliballa15

Forum Member
Apr 3, 2009

[702] TOTAL u213?-110
(WASHINGTON vrs TORONTO)

Love the pick AX! Last seven games between these two have had an average score of 202 and two of those games went into OT! BOL Sir! :00x1

BIGWave

Forum Member
Mar 18, 2009
FWIW Slicer:

One of the guys I read on NCAAB posted a play on MICH ST+2.

Most of what I cap in CBB points to the dog here. Revenge, experience, superior guard play, revenge, revenge, revenge, and revenge..

The Florida loss by MSU made this all the more appealing.. Pressure on the ball will be key.. Just don't see NC handling it..especially after viewing the Syr game a couple times..

Could write a bunch more but there is nothing in play here that isn't obvious to the most casual observer.

:0corn

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

CoFred

Forum Member
Mar 18, 2009
Alright got the same number as Ax tonight. Hopefully it's not the same result as last night. Let's cash this tonight Ax. :toast:

:0corn

BIGWave

Forum Member
Mar 18, 2009

[702] TOTAL u213?-110
(WASHINGTON vrs TORONTO)

The only thing puzzling me with this is the creeping of the line up with the majority on the under of this big number. :shrug:

BillyBatts

IlliniBill
Forum Member
Mar 31, 2009
Illinois

[702] TOTAL u213?-110
(WASHINGTON vrs TORONTO)

Taking AN under at Toronto makes me :scared
BUT.....it's just crazy enough I think I might tail. :toast: Any thoughts on the Celts over 179.5 Ax, since it seems I may be getting talked outta the Bobs??:director:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BillyBatts

IlliniBill
Forum Member
Mar 31, 2009
Illinois
Celts-Bobs....

Celts-Bobs....

Another little tidbit for those of u considering the Celts tonight...
:director:

The boys from Boston are only 2-5 ATS in their last seven meetings in Charlotte and 3-12 in their last 15 meetings overall. The Bobcats have taken the Celtics to overtime in two of their last three meetings, winning once and covering in seven of their last nine meetings. :eek:

BillyBatts

IlliniBill
Forum Member
Mar 31, 2009
Illinois
Plays

Plays

Just :padlock: these in a minute ago.

38-29 YTD

Bobs +4 :00x7

Suns -7

Raps under 213.5

Also playing Slicer's college hoops play. Iowa is garbage.

Let's get em tonight gents. :box2:

grindstone

Forum Member
Mar 18, 2009
OK boys there is a big public play tonight and it is PHX - 7

Line is holding steady and 84% of the public are on PHX. Also PHX plays Clev tomorrow. I think NYK keeps it within the number will wait and see what happens.

So far :padlock:

Wash/Tor Under 214
Bost - 3

Pending
NYK + 7

GL AX Let's see each other at the window tonight

:toast:

grindstone

Forum Member
Mar 18, 2009
OK boys there is a big public play tonight and it is PHX - 7

Line is holding steady and 84% of the public are on PHX. Also PHX plays Clev tomorrow. I think NYK keeps it within the number will wait and see what happens.

So far :padlock:

Wash/Tor Under 214
Bost - 3

Pending
NYK + 7

GL AX Let's see each other at the window tonight

:toast:

Also just :padlock:
NYK + 7

GLTA :SIB

BIGWave

Forum Member
Mar 18, 2009
Ax,

I have to ask - this Toronto team is sooooooo bad to watch. They don`t even know how to spell defense, let alone play it.

Even after shooting like crap in the 1st Q this looks to be heading over.................is there any way it can`t really.

Do you ever reassess at the half and hedge out. :shrug:

Hated getting the line late last night and getting a loss rather than a push...............I can`t stand losing one here tonight.

Watcha think.......

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Ools

Forum Member
Mar 18, 2009
Ax,

I have to ask - this Toronto team is sooooooo bad to watch. They don`t even know how to spell defense, let alone play it.

Even after shooting like crap in the 1st Q this looks to be heading over.................is there any way it can`t really.

Hated getting the line late last night and getting a loss rather than a push...............I can`t stand losing one here tonight.

Watcha think.......

44% isnt crap in the NBA, especially if 1-8 from 3 pt stripe

Randercity

Wait til HT
Forum Member
LOVE TOR and like the OVER 2H

LOVE TOR and like the OVER 2H

Ax,

Watcha think.......

I know you weren't talking to me, but That's my thoughts. Take TOR and hope for the Under for the game.