NBA TUESDAY

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

RAYMOND

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 31, 2000
usa
BOSTON-2.5 ANTOINE WALKERS OWNED THE CAVALIERS LAST YEAR. HE LIT THEM UP CONSISTENTLY AND THE CELTICS MATCH UP WELL.

BUCKS+3.5 THE BUCKS SPANKED JASS BOTH OUTINGS LAST YEAR. BEAT THEM BY 9 ON HOME COURT EARLY IN THE YEAR . BIG DOG HAD HIS DAY AND RAY ALLEN SOARED IN OTHER EVENT. NOT CONVIVCED JASS HAVE FIRE POWER TO HANDLE INVADERS AND VISITORS WERE PLAYING GOOD DEFENSE BY THE END OF LAST SEASON

KINGS-7.5 EVEN WITHOUT AN INJURED WEBBER, THE KINGS SHOULD BE ABLE TO TRUMP THE SONICS.
BIBBY BRINGS STABILITY, DIVAC WILL BE ASKED TO SCORE, AND ARCO ARENA IS A TOUGH PLACE TO PLAY . WATCH PAYTON'S VIBES. HE WAS SHOPPED ALL SUMMER, NO BUYERS

MINN-9.5 THE WHO WERE WRONG, THE KIDS ARE NOT ALRIGHT. PHILLY IS BANGED UP TO KICK IT OFF.SNOW BROKE HIS THUMB LAST WEEK MCKIE IS STILL SMARTING . IVERSONWILL SHOW UP WITH HIS HEART ON HIS SLEEVE. TEAMS SPLIT LAST YEAR EACH WINNING ONCE ON THE OTHER COURT. SNOW HIT FOR 25IN THE WIN AND HE WILL BE MISSED. MINN STRATYEAR ON A MUCH BETTER NOTETHAN LAST SEASON AS THE JOE SMITH FIASCO IS WELL BEHIND THEM. BRANDON AND PEELER MATCH PHILLY ENERGY AND THERE IS GARNRTT TO BLOW BY MUTOMBO

HAWKS +5 SHOULD BE ALOT BETTER THIS YEAR
PORTLAND +8 BIG" PLAYOFF REVENAGE"

[This message has been edited by RAYMOND (edited 10-30-2001).]

rrc

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2001
Big Dog may not start tonight. He's been a little banged up and Karl's not convinced he can go even 35 minutes tonight. Good luck Ray.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

hellah10

WOOFJUICE
Forum Member
Oct 24, 2001
Toledo
gotta go with:

Bucks +3.5
Raptors +4
Rockets -4.5

Is Ray Allen out!?!?!? Someone told me he has a broken leg

Any thoughts!??!
Thanks

OD
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by hellah10 (edited 10-30-2001).]

kingjc

Forum Member
Nov 3, 2000
Wauwatosa, WI
Robinson may open season as sixth man

Mason likely to start despite lack of practice

By MICHAEL HUNT
of the Journal Sentinel staff
Last Updated: Oct. 28, 2001

Las Vegas - Anthony Mason will probably start Tuesday against Utah.
Glenn Robinson may not.
Such is the uncertain state of the Milwaukee Bucks' lineup just one day before opening night in the National Basketball Association.
Glenn Robinson and the rest of the Bucks should look to Ray Allen as the team's leader suggests George Karl.
Mason, the power forward who joined the team Friday after signing a $21 million free-agent contract, has practiced just three times with the Bucks and isn't close to being in game shape. But coach George Karl said Sunday that he was leaning toward starting Mason because his bulk and defensive skills should give the Bucks favorable matchups from the outset Tuesday against Karl Malone and Thursday against Denver's Raef LaFrentz.
Robinson, the two-time all-star small forward, sat out a number of practices during training camp and played in just the last of eight exhibition games because of ankle soreness.
"I don't think he's ready to play a 35-minute game," Karl said. "We know he's got to work into that."
Karl raised the possibility that he may start Tim Thomas at small forward and bring Robinson off the bench for perhaps the first five or six games of the season. That would represent a significant departure for Robinson, who has started 495 of the 502 games he has played in seven seasons for the Bucks.
Robinson, who was visibly angry when leaving practice Sunday afternoon at Cox Pavilion, was not available for comment.
Karl has sat Robinson only twice in four years, both last season. Once was for disciplinary reasons, when Robinson, Sam Cassell and Jason Caffey missed a team meeting. The other was because of illness.
Karl pushed Robinson, who had off-season ankle surgery to remove bone spurs, to put in more practice time during training camp. At one point, Karl complained that Robinson sometimes has a "laziness and casualness" to his practice habits.
Asked Sunday about Robinson's readiness for opening night, Karl said: "I'm a little worried there. I don't think Glenn's had a really good practice yet. The last couple he's finished he's played decent to good. In the same sense, sometimes I think it might be better for Glenn to play against the second team to give him matchups he might have some comfort with."
Karl added that he had not yet decided whether to use Robinson as the sixth man for the first week or so of the season. He said he would talk with Robinson and Ray Allen before making a final decision.
With Allen and Sam Cassell in the backcourt, and possibly Mason and Thomas at forwards, Karl must decide whom to start at center against the Jazz. Ervin Johnson, who had a strong playoff run last season, is not an option. Not only does Johnson want to come off the bench, he is still physically limited because of shoulder and ankle sprains suffered during the exhibition opener nearly three weeks ago.
That leaves Karl with second-year center Joel Przybilla and Mark Pope, the combination power forward-center who is one of the team's top two defensive players.
"I'm still thinking about it," Karl said. "It will be interesting. We've had a lot of guys who have had good camps. Some guys have been hurt. Some guys are very talented and haven't been with us, like 'Mase.' Some situations I want to think about and talk to guys about a little bit more."
On such short notice, the Bucks have not come close to integrating Mason into their system. Until Mason and his new teammates grow accustomed to each other, the Bucks will play on natural basketball instinct.
One lineup of note the Bucks have experimented with for the past two days in Las Vegas includes Allen, Cassell, Robinson, Thomas and Mason. That's the Bucks' maximum offensive lineup.
They're also working with a defensive lineup that includes Allen, Thomas, Mason, Pope and Johnson.
"I think there are times I can demand we win with defense more than ever before," Karl said. "I can put a team out there that can stop a team rather than just trying to outscore a team."

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

RAYMOND

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 31, 2000
usa
GREAT PAPER FOR BASEBALL LIKE SHARE SOME INFORATION SOME TIME MAYBE IT CAN HELP SOME ONE. TAKE WHAT I NEED SOMETIME AS A GUIDE

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

hellah10

WOOFJUICE
Forum Member
Oct 24, 2001
Toledo
Hey Ray, whast your feel on Portland?? They are up to +8.5 now. I also liked Kings -6.5...whats your thoughts?

Thanks
OD
smile.gif

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg