NCAA Friday Hoops: Dartmouth @ Harvard

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

superbook

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2001
Saratoga Springs, NY
YTD: 15-7

PICK: Harvard -6.5

Harvard has lost their L4 and Dartmouth has won 6 of their L7 yet Harvard is favored by 7?? Guess Vegas agrees that the Crimson is the play here.

Revenge: Dartmouth beat Harvard in OT last Friday in NH. Harvard was up by 12 at the end of the first half but got sloppy with the ball in the 2H and stopped playing D which let Dartmouth get back into the game. Dartmouth has played well since the return of Leon Pattman, winning 6 of their L7 since his return.

Motivation: Not much has been made about it but Harvard's 7 foot center Brian Cusworth, the teams leading scorer and rebounder loses his Ivy eligibility at the end of the month. It's too bad because Cusworth is finally healthy and playing well. He had 25 pts and 15 rebs vs Dartmouth last week who had no way to stop the big man. Cusworth has three more games, all at home, and if last week's game is any indication, he wants to go out like Tiki Barber.

Home Cookin': Harvard has played 8 of their L10 on the road. Their guards have not been shooting well on the road but I think they'll find their touch again tonite at Lavietes.

Foul Shooting: Harvard is a good foul shooting team and typically gets significantly more free throws than their competition.

I think Harvard will play a complete game this week and look for Cusworth to have another big game inside.

good luck.

- Jon

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Eli Blue

Forum Member
Aug 23, 2006
I agree completely.
Pattman just can't stay this unconscious.
Game is on YES channel for true Ivy junkies.

buddy

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2000
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Well, I sure hate to rain on everyone's parade, but......

I do not like this game.

I have a very funny feeling Dartmouth covers here.

Like everyone else, I made a hefty wager on HARVARD -6' but I just bought it all back.

The revenge factor is surely at play, but what I don't like is in this last game Dartmouth won/covered in OT.

For me, the relevant data is that Dartmouth won/covered in the role of a favorite. By definition, a favorite is a team that is SUPPOSED to win.

Winning + covering makes it all the sweeter.

Dartmouth +6' or no play.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MIPS

Forum Member
Feb 14, 2005
Maryland
am i seeing this right?? harvard was up 9 with 55 secs and up 8 with 17 secons.. now only up 4 with 15???

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg