Nedbank Challenge

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

steved

Forum Member
Feb 9, 2002
teddington. uk
No slacking now! We were missing the fat cats playing in the million dollar challenge ($2m to the winner though???)

DTB, backed Sergio at 5.8/1 at Betfair, intending to lay off when the going gets good, which of course it will need to. I think he is playing better now grip adjusting reduced. Good second last week.

Personal issue with laying back on someone playing well is you are forgoing the big win you hope for every week. After a while, when the big win does not materialise, (this is just me I am talking about !!!) it becomes more fun than hoping for the win, and losing. I see that is what a lot of you guys do on the 72 hole match ups, I just cannot bet odds on, although I will probably end up doing just that here of course!

steved

Forum Member
Feb 9, 2002
teddington. uk
thought I was going to show you all some fancy trading tricks, but with Sergio now 43/1 on Betfair, this is looking unlikely.

Whose idea was it to start this thread?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Hypothetical question Gents

Suppose you had this Jones kid with lead in Casio bet E/W,what approach would you take concerning indexes if any,and what would you do in Nysrom case Steved, if anything,as you a case of fav with lead,and dog in hunt? What would be available to hedge on either?

Last edited:

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
DTB,
It all depends on how important your original stake is to you.
If it would hurt to lose it you would obviously try cover it with a lay. Though in the Jones case you may struggle as some of these non televised silly season events have very weak markets at betfair.

By the way... I have sent you some 'spam' to your dtb address, inc. a spreadsheet that was bigger than I thought!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
:) You know I won't get hurt on my little peanut $10 outright wagers.
Got a couple of these pending @ 365 as one was bet by accident
:rolleyes:

Will go check what ya sent,Thanks.

Transaction Reference Number: : STG544525510579II

Selections

Event Date Event Selection Odds E/W Terms Result

1 01/12/2002 Casio World Open
(To Win Outright) B Jones
+2500 5 places 1/4 odds To Run

Unit Risk: 10.00 E/W Risk: 20.00 Returns:

Total Risk: 20.00 Total Returns

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Found it quite interesting Steve,Thanks! It confirmed my initial thoughts that this is no area for novice. I think I will keep my nose out of it at least till some point in the future when I have better grasp on it.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Thats weird! I was looking at Date of Event @ 365 on Jones and it has
1-12-02 on both as well as Baddely in Aussie and Kuwabara who was scratched. Anyone elses like that?

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

steved

Forum Member
Feb 9, 2002
teddington. uk
DTB, did not lay off Nystrom...should have perhaps taken some profit on win stake but that is where greed comes in...and should be controlled..
Another issue is that I find it a whole lot easier to take profit when I have stake at Betfair already. Then I do not need to commit any more capital to cover what I am laying.
This is however is what a lot of the people who win at Betfair are doing, so perhaps I should bite the bullet and set up an account for just laying on golf..I am winning at Betfair, but on soccer and do not want to risk my soccer bank, so it may be holding me back...