need computer help

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

mrshoes

Forum Member
Jan 8, 2002
pittsburgh pa
Id appreciate some help.

Im using windows ME and cant get my system restore to run anymore.
Everytime i tried to use it it woudl say restoration was unsuccessful.
I know the system is enabled and I also moved the dial for more disc space. I ran disc cleanup tofree more space also but that didnt help.

I tried it againe this morning and there wasnt even any resore points listed.

thanx for any suggestions

KMA

Forum Member
May 25, 2003
Windows Me gives you the power to pull yourself out. System Restore lets you set your computer back to a time when it was working without incident, for example, before you downloaded some program or game from a Web site you didn't know anything about. System Restore takes a snapshot of your computer's configurations, files, settings, and data. It then tightlycompresses the snapshot and stores it on your hard disk, creating a restore point that you can revert to in times of computer problems. System Restore creates a restore point every 8-10 hours that your computer is on, and every 24 hours of real time. If your computer has been off for more than 24 hours, System Restore will create a restore point when you start up. You can create your own point manually.

To set up a manual restore point:

Click the Start button.

Click Programs
Click Accessories
Click System Tools
then click System Restore.

Choose Create a restore point, and then click Next. In the Restore point description box, type a name for your restore point, and then click Next.
Click OK.

Once you have restore points configured, it's easy to revert to them. Don't worry about losing information in recent documents or e-mail messages, as System Restore will not alter your personal files. You also have the option of reversing any changes that System Restore makes to your computer.

To restore your computer settings from an earlier time:

Click the Start button.
Click Programs.
Click Accessories.
Click System Tools.
Click System Restore.

Choose Restore my computer to an earlier time.
Then click Next.
Click a day on the calendar.
Cllick the restore point description.
Then Click Next.

Make sure you have closed all your files and open programs, and then click OK to close the dialog box.
Click Next.

Your system will revert to its previous settings, your time will return to its usual dimensions, and you can go full speed ahead.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

mrshoes

Forum Member
Jan 8, 2002
pittsburgh pa
thanx for your responses

I do understand about the system restore. My problem is there is not restore dates listed that I can restore my computer back to.

I have system restore enabled

the calender shows only todays date in bold but there is no restore dates listed

at one time i was able to go back to may or aprile and try to restore it to those date.

when I did that it went through the process and thn said restore process was unsuccessful no changes were made to your computer

mrshoes

Forum Member
Jan 8, 2002
pittsburgh pa
I just shut my computer down and pulled the plug.

I tried to use system restore again

the calender popped up with todays date in bold

on the right side in the box it says there are no restore points available

I tried clicking the arrow on the calender to go back in months for previous restore points but nothin happened the calender would not change

I checked to see if systems restore was enabled it was

I checked to see how much disc space was alloted and the dial was up too 1750 mb

It would do me no good to create my own restore point becaus my computer is not working correctly right now