Never seen a team not take a knee

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

EDM

Registered
Forum Member
May 12, 2013
Fucking done with college football. What a joke.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

TouchdownJesus

Forum Member
Jun 13, 2004
North Carolina
I assume you mean N Illinois. They did have to kill 13 sec's, which is so simple...but coaches don't understand math. I hedged at halftime, should have middled the shit out of this game....al they had to do was down it 3 times...maybe run backwards once or twice...game over. Fuck.

SQUARECROW2002

Registered
Forum Member
Dec 7, 2010
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,times 2 !!!!!!!!

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,times 2 !!!!!!!!

well bad beat of the day thread.....and if the kick to the left nad wasn't enough. Here have another to the right nad. Holy Crap !!

LOL - thank the lord it is only money !! WOW

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

EDM

Registered
Forum Member
May 12, 2013
Well that is truly classless - I don't give a shit if they are trying to be like Alabama let alone Boise State, nobody in the big leagues does that.

johnnyonthespot

Forum Member
Feb 6, 2002
Cottonwood Heights, UT
I had Ball St as well, but NIU couldn't take a knee there. 1:33 left on 2nd down with a 40-second play clock means NIU needed to drain 13 seconds off in 2 plays. A kneel down takes maybe 2 seconds max, so you have to run the ball. All Ball St. needed to do was tackle him after he got the 1st down and then it would have been kneels and a cover for Ball St.

This whole game came down to 2 different 3rd downs when Ball St. had Lynch wrapped up but couldn't bring him down. That's what happens when you play sub-par MAC teams all year and then go up against a legitimate player.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Bear Tracks

Registered
Forum Member
Dec 28, 2012
Chi-Town
Don't be mad at NIU ... if anything, be mad at Ball St for not stopping the Huskies offense. :shrug:
Note: I had NIU -6 & Ball St +9 so I was hoping for a middle too but shit happens.

Corley1011

Hail State!
Forum Member
Dec 13, 2006
Madison, MS
That's called style points boys... They are competing with Fresno for that at large BCS bid... this is the last year for shit like this...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

johnnyonthespot

Forum Member
Feb 6, 2002
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Well that is truly classless - I don't give a shit if they are trying to be like Alabama let alone Boise State, nobody in the big leagues does that.

You're either fooling yourself or haven't been doing this very long.

Worst beat of my life was December 30th, 2011. The Insight Bowl - Oklahoma vs. Iowa. I've got Iowa +14 and the score is 24-14 Oklahoma. 4th and 1 for the Sooners on the Iowa 21-yard line. Rather than kicking the FG or taking a knee, Blake goes through the middle untouched for a 21-yard TD. 31-14 final.

I've seen Ohio St. kick a 53-yard FG up 30 in the last minute - the line "just happened" to be 31.

I could go on and on but I won't. The guys in the "big leagues" do this all the time.

This - this was nothing. It was a 1 possession game and they ran up the middle trying to kill the 13 seconds they needed to kill. But the Ball St. defense was finished and they played like it.

You also have to consider that, if they were smart, the Ball St. coaches should have told their players to let NIU score. Sure the odds of scoring 2 TDs in 80 seconds might be 1 in 1000, but it's 0 in 1000 if they just run out the clock.

TennisTapir

Registered
Forum Member
Mar 13, 2013
You're either fooling yourself or haven't been doing this very long.

Worst beat of my life was December 30th, 2011. The Insight Bowl - Oklahoma vs. Iowa. I've got Iowa +14 and the score is 24-14 Oklahoma. 4th and 1 for the Sooners on the Iowa 21-yard line. Rather than kicking the FG or taking a knee, Blake goes through the middle untouched for a 21-yard TD. 31-14 final.

I've seen Ohio St. kick a 53-yard FG up 30 in the last minute - the line "just happened" to be 31.

I could go on and on but I won't. The guys in the "big leagues" do this all the time.

This - this was nothing. It was a 1 possession game and they ran up the middle trying to kill the 13 seconds they needed to kill. But the Ball St. defense was finished and they played like it.

You also have to consider that, if they were smart, the Ball St. coaches should have told their players to let NIU score. Sure the odds of scoring 2 TDs in 80 seconds might be 1 in 1000, but it's 0 in 1000 if they just run out the clock.

I think Ball St.'s coach told his team to Let N. Ill score so BS gets ball back. If they get td in a minute, they can try onside.