Never too early!

C-A-T-S

Forum Member
Mar 5, 2004
Ky
I just skimmed throught the pre-entries for thefirst 4 BC races for next weekend. Here are some that I like early. Of course, without post positions or definite jockeys, these are subject to change.

Juv Fillies:
Dreaming of Anna - Trainer over 40% with 2yo &turf to dirt. Could take them all the way.

Untouched Talent - $500,000. Held tough at this distance on a closer favoring Kee track(it feels weird to call Kee closer favoring).

Her Majesty - $650,000. TOugh race last out. A closer with the most patient closer riding jockey I've seen(if Leparoux rides him).

Juv:
Stormello - WIll lay right behind the early speed. Strong finish in Norfolk

Pegasus Wind. Speed who can stay the distance. I just have a feeling Lukas will have this one ready.

Circular Quay - 2 for 2 at CD. Will be flying late with a hot pace to run at.

F&M Turf:

Germance - Was bumped at the start and beaten 2.75 lengths as the favorite in 1st race(Gr 1) in US. 1 for 1 at distance.

Satwa Queen - 3rd off a 6 month layoff. Sharp form.

Wait a WHile - 1,000,000 earner. In the money 11 of 12. Speed that can hold.

Sprint:
Bordonaro - His last race would have won almost every BC Sprint ever ran.

Too Much Bling - Feeling that Baffert will have him tight off layoff. Will have to lay a length or 2 back.

Siren Lure - Closer with a lot of speed to run at.

Damn this is fun! I left off some obvious contenders like Scat Daddy, Quija Board, and HEnny Hughes but they will be on some of my tickets. I just wanted to throw out some that may be dismissed at the windows. Please add your early opinions or question mine.

C-A-T-S

Forum Member
Mar 5, 2004
Ky
The Mile has been the toughest for me so far. I probably won't invest much in this race but here are a few I definitely like.

Aragorn - It is hard to compare times from the US, especially CAl., to the Euro times due to different surfaces but this one has the fastest races at this distance. I love Drysadale on grass.

Aussie Rules - Like Gorella, will be flyng late, but this one gets first jump.

Miesque's Approval - Reaching a little here but in the $ 11 of 15 at this distance. Has a win on CD turf. Probably 20-1 or better.

On to the Distaff.......

skodaa

Forum Member
Aug 9, 2006
If my memory isn't plating tricks (Happy Halloween) I'd say the fix was in! I'm going to play 457 in every race for $2 Triple. Without even seeing the Card..what the hey....... Good luck

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

twofingers

Forum Member
Nov 16, 1999
nobody touches henny hughes in the sprint.

( I layed a bundle on him at 7-2 in the futures so lets hope i am right)

Mully

Is Blessed
Forum Member
Nov 7, 2004
Juv Fillies- Dreaming of Anna will be the

WINNER

Been following this horse ... Will bet win and place just in case, but I really like her to win.

C-A-T-S

Forum Member
Mar 5, 2004
Ky
Juv Fil - With Untouched Talent out, I am replacing her with Octave as a top 3 selection. This is her first time stretching out and Pletcher is 30% sprint/route. She also has a win at CD.

Juv - The more I look at it, the more I like Stormello. I will also consider his last a key race and play Principle Secret.

F&M TUrf - I'm calling a Satwa Queen/Ouija Board dead heat.

These are the only 3 I've done since the post draw.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

C-A-T-S

Forum Member
Mar 5, 2004
Ky
My early impressions from the 3 I haven't covered yet were as follows:

Distaff -
Pine Island - Just keeps improving.
Asi Siempre - I trust Biancone's judgment and confidence to put up the 9%. Love the Jockey.
Balletto - Albertrani/Castellano's only shot of hitting the board BC day.(foreshadowing Classic)
Fleet Indian - Uhhh, she's won 8 straight.

Turf:
Scorpion - Genius trainer. 2nd off layoff.
Hurricane Run - If he's on his game, forget it.
English Channel - Atleast we know he can stay the whole trip.

Classic:
George WAshington - A parent from the soccer team I coach drives for the owner, MAgnier, when he comes in. I asked him if he's going to be able to handle the dirt and stay 1 1/4 and he told me, "You'd better get your wallet out." All owners are confident so I'm not going to go crazy but this horse has been running on dirt back home and is possibly the second coming of Giant's CAuseway. Which leads me to....

Invasor - because Giant's Causeway didn't win.

Brother Derek - I have never liked this horse and have never bet him, but I've got a weird feeling that he will run a big one.

C-A-T-S

Forum Member
Mar 5, 2004
Ky
I will just give my top 3 picks in order of preference. I will not make any favorites my top pick just because I think they are all beatable. Here goes, and good luck to all you punters out there.

Juv Fil - 1. Octave 2. Her Majesty 3. Dreaming of Anna

Juv - 1.Stormello 2. Principle Secret 3. Pegasus Wind

FM Turf - 1. Satwa Queen 2. Ouija Board 3. Germance

Sprint - 1. Too Much Bling 2. Siren Lure 3. Bordonaro

Mile - 1. Echo of Light 2. Free Thinking 3. Sleeping Indian

Distaff - 1. Asi Siempre 2. Pine Island 3. Balletto

Turf - 1. Scorpion 2. Hurricane Run 3. English Channel

Classic - 1. Invasor 2. George Washington 3. Lava Man

Best Win Bet - Juv. Fil Octave at 6-1 or better
Best exacta box Sprint $1 - 11-9-6-4 = $12
Best tri box F&M Turf $1- 2-7-9-10 = $24

All it takes is 1. Good luck.

Mully

Is Blessed
Forum Member
Nov 7, 2004
C-A-T-S.... If you like George Washington in the Classic, I'm surprised you don't have Araafa in the Mile. I can tell you this much, If he hits the board or wins, I would upgrade your GW selection..

GL today my friend !

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

C-A-T-S

Forum Member
Mar 5, 2004
Ky
I will have Araafa on my tickets. I just think the Mile wide open, so I posted a few prices. I really think ECho of Light could lead them all the way. I could make a case for every horse in the race, but if they all run their best, Araafa will win. Have a good one, buddy.

C-A-T-S

Forum Member
Mar 5, 2004
Ky
I hit the very first race on the card today . I always said that hitting the first one is bad luck. They've sure gotten the best of me today. Last chance. INVASOR!!!!!!!!!!

Mully

Is Blessed
Forum Member
Nov 7, 2004
I hit the very first race on the card today . I always said that hitting the first one is bad luck. They've sure gotten the best of me today. Last chance. INVASOR!!!!!!!!!!

You and me both my friend! Got the 1st race, didnt cash a ticket and then hit the exacta and the late DD that paid 191.00 in the last! Good job with Invasor...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

C-A-T-S

Forum Member
Mar 5, 2004
Ky
Thanks Mully. As an after thought I bet a Invasor with Bernardini with ALL. Like I said, it only takes one. That's what makes BC day the greatest day in sports. See you when the Derby preps start.

Bet on MyBookie