New England Backers

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Livin' Large

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2002
Patriots running back Corey Dillon missed the team portion of practice for the second straight day on Wednesday, the team reported. He remains listed as probable on the injury report with a calf ailment. Dillon will likely be healthy enough to suit up on Saturday night, but expect to see a lot of Kevin Faulk against the Broncos.

This doesn't concern you at all? Faulk is a good third down back, but you don't want him carrying the load in a playoff game!

DanteTheDon

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2005
kid- dillon is playing. trusted. also- faulk has looked very very impressive this season and he has fixed his fumble problems. the run wont be necessarily vital anyways because brady is going to have a field day picking apart the denver secondary.

Mjolnir

Forum Member
May 15, 2003
S. CAL.
when i see probable for these athletes, to me it means they will be playing. i would have to be on life support to miss aplayoff game like that. every game has a chance to be your last, playoffs, world champs, going for history. i seem to be one of the few who think ne wins.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Livin' Large

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2002
Kid? Who's your daddy? First of all, I never said Dillon wasn't playing. I know he will play, just like he did against Jacksonville, and he will be just as ineffective. Dillon is averaging a mere 3.4 yards per carry this season when he has played. He is definitely playing hurt, and he would be the first to tell you that. If you think running the football isn't important in a playoff game, especially a road playoff game, you have a lot to learn boy! Brady probably will put up big numbers against Denver's secondary, because the Patriots will play from behind most of the day. Don't you think Plummer will have success against the Patriots' secondary too? New England's pass defense ranks 29th out of 32 teams. Good luck with your play on the Patriots. You and everybody else who is playing New England on Saturday will need it!

DanteTheDon

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2005
Livin' Large said:
Kid? Who's your daddy? First of all, I never said Dillon wasn't playing. I know he will play, just like he did against Jacksonville, and he will be just as ineffective. Dillon is averaging a mere 3.4 yards per carry this season when he has played. He is definitely playing hurt, and he would be the first to tell you that. If you think running the football isn't important in a playoff game, especially a road playoff game, you have a lot to learn boy! Brady probably will put up big numbers against Denver's secondary, because the Patriots will play from behind most of the day. Don't you think Plummer will have success against the Patriots' secondary too? New England's pass defense ranks 29th out of 32 teams. Good luck with your play on the Patriots. You and everybody else who is playing New England on Saturday will need it!

this is now framed and hanging on my wall. ill be sure to get in touch with you this weekend.

the patriots from games 1-10 and the patriots from the past 6 games are two completely different teams. belichick could care less about the regular season, when will you learn? unlike PAYton and the colts, he understands that the season is a game of chess and not checkers. he was more concerned with getting his team healthy and on the same page in order to make a run down the road. guess we will have to. good luck with the ever-reliable and proven jake plumber, and the level-headed, crisis management king shanahan. much more logical play than that no name brady, that blundering belichick, and the 3 points...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Stabler-12

Forum Member
Sep 21, 2005
The patriots from week one until now are two completely different teams? Thats absurd as every team has injuries every season. Its the same team but now its a hostile physical Denver team which runs the ball no matter who you think you are. The Broncos are favored for a reason. The book knows more than we do.

DanteTheDon

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2005
just like the giants were favored last week, and just like bucs were favored right? the books know more than we do? no youre dead wrong and you need to do some serious thinking about things other than teams performances factoring into how books dictate spreads. most of it, especially during the playoffs, hinges on the best way for the books to hedge themselves from suffering near-devestating losses such as that which occurred in the 49ers/chargers superbowl when several almost went under. they want your money, either way. why do you think the spread hasnt moved all week? why do you think the spreads last week didnt move all week? why do you think in the national title game, even with the ENTIRE country (except for me and few other guys who know their sh*t) riding on SC the line wavered back and forth only a mere half point? obviously if they bumped the line up to 9 or 10 they would have scared an awful lot of USC money away. the big books and even the smaller ones made such a killing off that game that they should be set for the next 2 or 3 years. they do know more than we do. but its a business buddy. they play to win, but not like those of us betting on the games do.

gjn23

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
So. Cal
DanteTheDon said:
this is now framed and hanging on my wall. ill be sure to get in touch with you this weekend.

the patriots from games 1-10 and the patriots from the past 6 games are two completely different teams. belichick could care less about the regular season, when will you learn? unlike PAYton and the colts, he understands that the season is a game of chess and not checkers. he was more concerned with getting his team healthy and on the same page in order to make a run down the road. guess we will have to. good luck with the ever-reliable and proven jake plumber, and the level-headed, crisis management king shanahan. much more logical play than that no name brady, that blundering belichick, and the 3 points...

billichick could care less about the regular season???

tell me exactly when, under billichick, they made the super bowl without having a first round bye???

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Livin' Large

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2002
Don,

Make sure you get back to me this weekend. If you don't, I will be sure to get back to you!